Being viewed in 189 Countries
1 Let us pray. Heavenly Father, we realize the truth of Your Personal Presence makes all the difference in the world, and we thank You that we are in that hour again, not only Christ in us, but Christ amongst us. And we know, Lord, how difficult it was for people to look beyond the flesh and see You, even in the days of Jesus, though the flesh was admirably perfect, and a hundred percent according to Word. Yet they could not take what came forth from the mouth of that flesh which was the Word of Living God. A Living Word and we know, Lord, that we're in that same position today. People could not look past the flesh of the prophet. We have it, a real problem even looking past flesh even today, Lord, amongst each other, not realizing that truly a Bride is a tabernacle of the Living God. God wants more dwelling in tents of human flesh as never before and amongst the same, leading us into victory.
Help us, Lord, to begin to look beyond everything that's human, begin how to look to the super human. Especially, Lord, since we have a super human Word, why we look to It, Lord, to see Thee, and know the way to go, and then come into Your Presence, Lord, once more when You're incarnated, and we're a part of that great scene.
Father, we commend ourselves this morning with that faith and hope in mind, You helping us in Jesus' Name. Amen. You may be seated.
2Now, we've taken seven messages dealing with some admonitions and principles that Bro. Branham gave us relative to the relationship of the pastor and the people. And of course we haven't dealt with it to any great extent, because there's much more to be said if indeed we were going to say it. But as we come across more principles of the Lord...you know brings them to our attention we can deal with them.
However, because of the one statement I find Bro. Branham made which has caused so much problem, there are many problems amongst the people, that's just the pastor as a spiritual husband. I want to maybe deal with that a little more today, having read, or after having read from page 21 on 'How Can I Overcome'.
3I remember when we started the series and I began dealing with that, Bro. Lloyd said, "I sure was glad that you talked about that, because that statement always was such a put down to me." And you know, that's the way the preacher's I'm afraid many of them use that statement, was a put down to the people. Because the husband is head of the wife, and should be in complete obedience to him.
Well, I don't believe that you obey any pastor, period. You obey the Word of God. And the minute the pastor begins to use that Word so you'll obey him, he's a hypocrite. I mean, let's face it, as I said, "Look I'm going to preach up here that you might want to get rid of me before it's all over, so get yourself a real good pastor, that's fine by me." I never have claimed to be a highly virtuous person. I put myself at the bottom of the totem pole. But when I see what others are doing in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I don't want what they've got either.
4This Word is not to be distorted. Now, I'm going to read to you what Bro. Branham said. And it was just a... well an interpolation almost. It was just a little injection. So, he's talking about Lot coming out of Sodom and what happened. The angels went down there, of course God staying with Abraham and so he's reading on he said:
[How Can I Overcome 08-25-63]
 So it was the Truth. So you set out to leave Sodom, (now he's talking about denominations,) leave the denominations, leave the things that bind you to a creed, and to follow Christ by the Holy Spirit vindicating Himself by the written Word of God. (Now, Christ was not vindicated by the Word. He wasn't the Christ. Now, understand that. Everything has got to point the Word.) In other words, you took the Bible instead of the creed. You've set out to follow. (In other words, to leave the creed now and try to go to the Bible.)
 Well, Lot's wife did the same thing, you know. She set out to go with Lot, follow her husband, her children, her loved ones, but it wasn't in her heart. She still loved the world. So it's possible you can make a start and still have the world in you. See, she never overcame. And even though she was well on the road, it finally overthrew her. She had to take that one big, long, last look. There's where she got caught. (Remember that girl Nellie that he talked about, Nellie Sanders, who got caught?) Don't even look back. Don't have any desires. (Now that means crucifixion, because we have desires.) Keep going. (Now, that's important. Even though you fall, get up and go again. Remember the Bible teaches the child Lord, can fall seven times, the Lord will pick him up?) Put your mind on Calvary and keep moving towards Christ. See, she started out as an overcomer, but she never did overcome. Oh, she left the denomination; she did that. She walked out of Sodom with Lot, but she wanted to go back and have her hair cut. You know, she had to go back. She just couldn't stand the test. She had to look back again to see what the rest of (those were) doing. "Oh, you know, I have some good friends down there after all, she said, after all, this might be just a little move; I don't know whether it could be right or not. I only got this man's word for it.
 Though he's my husband, but yet (Interjection) - your pastor is your husband spiritually speaking. You see?) now, whether it could be right or not.
So, here's what she's ruminating, she's thinking.
"Oh, you know, I have some good friends down there after all. After all, this might be just a little move. You know, not the real Elijah. I don't know whether it could be right or not. I've only got this man's word for it, though he's my husband, but yet...now whether it could be right or not."
"I don't know, maybe his revelation wasn't right." Then, if you're not perfectly satisfied, (Here's Bro. Branham discoursing, now leaving ...?... remarks out.) Then, if you're not perfectly satisfied and you don't perfectly know that it's the Word of God, (In other words, you're not satisfied. This is absolutely vindicated Word of God, 'Thus Saith the Lord'.) then you can't go. See? You've got to be really sold out. You've got to know it, not just say, "Well, I see others doing it. I see a sign." (Now, that's this false anointed.)
Now, what I'm looking at here, and what I see as I read, the main thrust of this principle is as always the 'prophet and the church'. It's literally referring more to Bro. Branham than anybody else. Mrs. Lot represents the church. And she is questioning Mr. Lot representing the prophet. And notice, she goes back and dies, because she fails to believe and receive the revelation of the hour of judgment.
5Now, we're going to look at this in Hebrews 6. You know, we always take our time here, because this is about the only one place I know how to relax. If I can even do that. Hebrews 6.
(1) Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, (That's all they have in denomination is principles, they don't have reality.) let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
(2) Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. (All of those things are in jeopardy unless you have the truth about them vindicated.)
(3) And this will we do, if God permit. (Well, God did not permit at that time.)
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once (for all) enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
(6) (Having fallen) away, (it's impossible) to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they (have crucified) to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Now, you know as well as I do, that Jesus Christ was crucified, not because of what He did, it's because of what He said about what He did. Right? So then, that's got to happen again. Now anybody knows that if you just sit back and think.
Now, if you're not born again, or if you're a theologian, or it's a denomination you won't see this. This is not for you. You may go to sleep. You know, it's all over anyway, because you've got to see it.
(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it...
Now, how often is oft? Well, I went to visit my mother quite often when she was living. Well, that means that you've been married and gone away. How often is often? Not very many times. How often is it in the Word of God? How many times does God send rain? Seven times. Seven times. Seven Church Ages. "Oft upon it."
(7) ...and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, (giving fruit back unto God, receiving the) blessing from God:
(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected...
Now, what's the thorns and briers? The crucified Christ. Why? Because they reject. What? The person? No! The Bible? No! No, never, never, never, never, but the interpretation placed upon what? Evidence. In other words, Bro. Branham came on the scene and just like John the Baptist, just like Jesus, just like every prophet and he thoroughly explained what is going on and they said, "Never, never, never, never, never." And the constant crucifixion of Christ took place in Seven Church Ages of the Old Testament, then He got crucified for real. Then it went on again for every age from that time on until now, there is judgment.
6The mini tribulation of Israel, 70AD when Titus destroyed them is symbolmatic of what we're going to go through very shortly in the three and a half years that are ahead of us.
(8) ...whose end is to be burned. (Rejection, cursing, burning.)
On what grounds? "Crucifying to themselves the Son of God afresh."
Now remember, "For good work we will not stone You. We will not crucify You for a good work. But You opened Your mouth, and You dared to deny what came out of our mouths. So we are going to shut Your mouth."
That's what Rome did! Organizing under Constantine and got the power of the State. Every church does the same thing. And the old harlot had daughters, and they're trickier than the old harlot herself. Ha! My God, why don't you read a few books and grow up. Don't be afraid if they're pornographic. Then understand what the Bible speaks of, when you understand pornography. I'm not lying to you. I'm not lying to you at all. This Bible does not lie. Protestants are trickier than the Catholics. You show me where the Roman Catholic church has really changed. And you show me where Protestants has changed. They're all going to go back to it. It's not the Catholic people, it's the system. See? It's the system did it. Right down the line.
Now, they're going to be burned. Now you keep that in mind. If we have time which I don't know if we'll have time today to go into White Throne, and what happens at White Throne. And why this is White Throne now. But you'll notice right now you've got the picture of it. Okay.
7Now, the fire spoken of here, which is the fire of Sodom, which we read about when Bro. Branham spoke of Lot and his wife, the family coming out and she turned back. She couldn't take it. Is the type of what is going to happen in Luke 17. So let's go back and we'll begin reading. Let's get fortified. One day they may kill us for this. I only hope they do it quickly instead of taking a long time. But that's their business. I don't know. [Luke 17:20]
(20) And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
It is invisible in its Appearing. And He stood there, and He was visible.
(21) Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is (in the midst of you, or It is) within you. (In the midst of you rather.)
And you'll see It right there. And It's in you too by the birth of the Holy Ghost. But, It doesn't do you any good. It's invisible to you.
(22) And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when (you'll) desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and shall not see it.
(23) And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.
(24) For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
(25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
Now, Bro. Branham told you, "As the light travels from the east to the west," this is what that means. Nobody else knows the answer, only a prophet. You can guess, you can hum, you can haw. You can read the Greek. You can read transcripts. You can read anything under God's high heaven, you will not know the truth unless God tells you, by the channel that God has ordained.
(26) ...as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
Now, It tells you therefore, this is way down the road when this happens. It will happen again. When will it happen? In Hebrews 6. It's going to happen.
(27) They (ate), they drank, they married, (gave) in marriage, until the day (they) entered the ark, and the flood destroyed them all.
(28) Likewise the days of Lot; they (ate), they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; (See? Under an economy set up at the end-time.)
You'll not be able to buy or sell without the mark of the beast. And that means positively there'll be shortages so that you cannot get them unless you belong to the syndicate. It's not going to be simply a plentitude and the money system shot. It's going to be the whole thing controlled. Because, this has been in the making for many, many years. One world government, with one master system, as the post office system is today was formulated by Gillette, the man that manufactures Gillette razors, a Jew, and has been known for many, many, many years.
This is not something new. But don't go falling for Todd in his unmitigated hogwash, where he's trying to bring the Jews in where they don't belong. The Jew, the Gentile, and the Church of God, there are three separate sets and there always have been and will be. So they've got their part and they're going to do their phony works. And the church is going to do its phony works. And the Bride is going to get out of the whole phony situation. But it's not bad to know about these things. But don't ever get carried away, because the minute you do, you'll be caught up in law suits and everything under God's high heaven. You lose your shirt and everything else.
9You cannot get outside the Bible and do anything but what the Bible says. And don't relate anything to the Bible outside what the Bible says. I've been all through that and try to tell some of you. Try to tell you, and tell you. I've been all through since the age of twenty, I've seen all these things. I'm seventy four now, and going on. I'll tell you, and tell you again, you're wasting your time my brother, my sister. But if you won't listen, it's your baby, not mine. I'll not coerce you, I'll not fuss at you, just telling you the truth. The Bible tells you this.
(28) ...they builded, they planted...
(29) ...the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone...
The same day the Bride gets out of here, the sun will literally burn people. Scorch them. Stars will begin to fall. The tides begin to rise. Coastal cities will be wiped out. Bro. Branham, I understand, I can't...don't remember the tape, but he either said it personal, or said it on a tape, that he'd sooner have anything perpetrated on him most horribly, then to be five minutes in the Great Tribulation.
(30) Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
In other words, the revealing of the Son of man that brings the bomb, the crucifixion unto themselves, they do crucify themselves. They are now pinioned on the Cross of the Great Tribulation. You want to get crucified this morning? By my guest. If you won't crucify your thinking, and your body is with Christ this morning, you think you can do anything you want to do, go ahead, you'll be crucified in the Tribulation. Go ahead. I'm not mean and bitter. You think I'm sarcastic and hard up here. Look, I cannot run your lives. And I'm not trying to run your lives. I'm not trying to say I'm the pastor, I'm married to you, and I'm the head and you better listen, because I can't make anybody listen.
10Ned Iverson tried that, he locked his wife in a room for two solid hours. I know she just tuned him out if she had any brains at all. He's going to crack her skull and heart and pour it down by a funnel. And the Bible absolutely warned him and said, "Oh man, you don't know you're going to win your wife or not."
"Well I love her!"
I don't care if you do. See, you don't wind God around your thumb. You just understand what God's saying. If this Word doesn't do it my brother, my sister for me and for you this morning, I'm sorry, there's something wrong with the ground. It isn't the properly fertilized ground. The seed hasn't been germatized and nothing is going to come forth. I'm not being mean. I'm just trying to tell the truth. Look I've got to look at myself and say, "Where am I going?" And I try to lead you? Ho, ho, ho, ho. I ain't got a brains to lead myself. There's a Word here that's right though. That's why we preach nothing but the Word.
11Listen: this is coming here. The fire, the cursing. Men will find themselves crucified upon their crosses of gold. And upon the crosses of their own hearts, imaginations. Which means deep from within the soul they brought forth a edict, which was not of God. And a principle and a Word which was not of God. And they said, "This is it, because our church says so."
I don't care two-bits what the Pentecostal's said. I was born of the Holy Ghost, an independent Pentecostal, I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for the whole bunch of them. And I'm speaking now in terms of denominations and what they stand for. Some of the people are wonderful, wonderful people. No problem at all there. But I cannot go back. The minute I was full of the Holy Ghost something in my heart warned me, "this is not it." And it wasn't. It wasn't.
12Now, let's go back to Malachi 4. We'll see the very same thing here. Now remember, we are talking about the pastor being the spiritual husband of the Church. And we are talking about Bro. Branham himself knowing his position. We are talking about Mrs. Lot and Mr. Lot, so we're are going to the context of the illustration. To the history itself. Now we've been talking.
Now, let's go Malachi 4:
(1) ...behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: (In other words, the grain's gone. Who needs the stubble? Well, the stubble is okay if a cow or a horse were or a goat would eat it, cannon fodder. Tommy fodder.) and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
(2) But unto you that fear my name... (that don't crucify to yourselves the Son of God afresh.)
These have crucified themselves the Son of God afresh. On what principle? They have turned down a means and a Message of repentance. Which evidently, has to involve, be absolutely... it's more than involved. The Message essentially of repentance must be Christ Himself, for how can you crucify Him to yourself? So therefore, there comes a time when a Word comes forth, when Christ and the Word is synonymous.
13There's a guy named Olsen, he's written you letters. I threw mine back in the box, said, 'refused'. Why should I read his filth. He said, "Bro. Branham was wrong. He went to Europe and confused little Francois Leprecarte(?) and tried to confuse him in Buffalo. He said, "I can't stand the term 'In the Message'. No he can't, because he's not in Christ.
You say, "Bro. Vayle, hold your tongue."
I'll not hold my tongue. It's on tape. It's on camera, I care less. Did you hear what I said about Hebrews 6? Repentance comes by what? A change of mind. Not with some simpleton tries to say that repentance is a feeling of discust for yourself. A mellowness towards God. Of a ...?... that says, "That is a lie."
It's not sorrow. "Godly sorrow worketh repentance." [2 Cor 7:10]
I can take a person and burn him at a stake, it'll never change his mind. Like little Latimer and Ridley under the Catholic church, they recanted one time. They knew they couldn't hold out against God. The hand that had signed the document for the Roman Catholic priest, he stuck in the fire first to burn. There's you denominations. Do what you want with them.
Why do I preach so hard? To get it out of your system and to hate it. Even as you hate the flesh that gives in to the lust of the world, and the pride of life and those rotten things.
14Sure, [Bro. Vayle raps on the pulpit] they turned down repentance based upon a vindication. They turned down a Word which would have filled their minds and their lives, which is Christ. You see why we preach the way we do? And why it's so necessary tonight, [Raps on the pulpit] Word, Word, Word, Word, goes forth from this pulpit in the passive form! Because without your understanding, the doctrine and the truth of God, you have nothing though you give your bodies to be burned. And then on top of that you can know this Word to the position. We could quote It word, by word, but It doesn't mean anything to you. Your life is not sold on It. It still doesn't amount to anything. It's where this is your life. Come what may, live or die, sink or swim, if this isn't It, I haven't got It. You change your mind. And remember, there is no more changing of the mind. Because the fire comes. Without the change of mind, you've crucified yourself to the things of God. To yourself again, the Lord Jesus Christ.
15So when he went to Europe, Francois came back and said he understood and enjoyed the principle of Mr. Olsen's diabolical blasphemy. I showed him where he couldn't believe this Message and believe Olsen at the same time. If you are in this Message, you are in Christ. And if you don't believe the Message you aren't in Christ. Do what you want ladies and gentlemen, it's your business, not mine. I'm glad you're here though. Perhaps you need reaching.
At the time of this destruction,
(2) But unto you that fear my name the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and (you'll) grow up as calves of the stall.
(3) And (you'll) tread down the wicked; (and when you come back there'll) be ashes (already) under the soles of your feet...
(5) Behold, I send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
(6) And he shall turn the heart(s) of the (children back to the fathers, the first part was done under John.)...
Now, what did John come and do? He pointed to the Christ with a Word. He was not vindicated. He did no miracles. But he was on fire with the Fire of God. There's a prophet knowing what was going to happen. And he said, "There He is." There he is. That's right. Now in this hour, there's got to be Elijah to turn the hearts of the children back to the fathers, lest the curse comes.
16Lest the curse comes? How strange that word is so beautifully correct that every passage rings a hundred percent true as we go back again to Hebrews 6, and read again:
(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing;...(Nigh unto cursing?)
It's taking its stand with the cursing department instead of the getaway department. They've come and stood right by it.
You say, "Well, Bro. Vayle, most of those are well meaning people."
I never said they weren't. This is hard to understand, there could be millions of foolish virgins out there. In fact I believe there are billions during the ages. I don't know. But they turned down the Word.
17Let's also go to Hebrews 10. Now, you people aren't turning down the Word here. You wonder why I'm hitting so hard, because I want to sew it up in such a way and clench all the nails, that you leave this building knowing one thing: what I'm preaching. That's all.
Say, "Valyes' a heretic. He's a liar." Perhaps I am. Let's find out.
(26) For if we sin wilfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Now listen: after you do something, after you receive the knowledge of the truth, shows positively that you are rejecting what was given to you by virtue of a Word. That's right. A knowledge of truth. That's true!
Look at nature out here that indicates their God. You've got people that call themselves atheist's and laugh. Laugh at Christians, and the creation. You can't get the legislators who have guaranteed to keep religion alive in America to pass a law, (which they don't need to pass, they just need to back the old law,) that we can teach creationsim in our schools.
As Bro. Branham categorically said, "There is no legislature today, no politician, no President, no anything, who can make an honest decision." He can't. Because he stopped by somebody.
18All right, keep reading:
(27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
What was the fiery indignation of God? The devour of the adversaries under Moses. Korah, Dathan and Abiram. The false anointed ones. And what? The families that they were heads of. Denominational heads, and denomination's will die. Why? Because they came against the repenting Word of God.
Now, do you see why I say don't listen to Lee Vayle? You listen to Word. How am I going to give you repentance? How am I going to tell you what's going to see you through? Preacher going to see you through? Of myself, I haven't got a thing.
You can see where it is. It's in the Word. And if the Word doesn't do it, you'll leave here in your adulteries, in your sins, spiritual and otherwise. Going to tell you, your mind and your conscience is not enough. Uh, uh. Not enough. Won't do it. It's got to have something that's got life in it.
(28) He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
(29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
What's he talking about? Word. How much blood have you got? How much grace have you got when you turn down the Word?
Don't you see, it's the grace of God that Bro. Branham preached about that brought the rainbow vision, and brought the Word of God in this hour?
"Behold," he said, "I send you Elijah or I just wrap the whole thing up. Nobody can walk to the 'Tree of Life'. I kill you all, then pluck you up in a Resurrection."
God does not abort His Own Word my brother, my sister, the promise was there in the Garden of Eden, though veiled, lest they put forth their hand and take. It signified a period of time was allotted for men, until God brought immortality to this earth in the dimension of God Himself, or what God Himself took, which was a Glorified Body.
19Let's go to Hebrews 12. We like that chapter. Beginning at verse 16.
(16) Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. (Who stuck with the church like Balaam, who stuck with his flesh.)
(17) For (when we) know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: (and) he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.
The birthright which would have given him sonship and the provisions which would go with sonship from the father were denied him. And there was no place where he could change his mind.
You say, "Just a minute, the man did change his mind."
No! There was no place for it.
You say, "The guy was sorrowful. That's true. That's not repentance. Understand what I'm saying? Let's keep reading then. All right.
(18) For (you) are not come unto the mount that might be touched, that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
In other words, you are not now approaching something that is in the visible, the Kingdom of God is in the midst of you and you can't see It. You're not back. You reach out, touch, and grab. You understand what I'm saying?
(19) And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
(20) For they could not endure that which was commanded,...
No, they can't endure. Leave your church bust with your tithes. Get down where the Word is. Don't pretend you're eagles anymore. Admit you're chickens. Get down. They're not going to do that. They couldn't do the command.
(20) ...And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
(21) And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:
20Now, they were all a part of this. And if it evolved it brought terror to them. Sure. But watch: you're not part of that. You have nothing to do with the visible and the sensual.
(22) But (you) are come unto mount Sion, (not Sinai,) and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
(23) To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all,... (doesn't say Savior now.)
Salvation is a thing of the past. It's dying out. Why? They crucified Him. And crucified themselves in doing it. Israel crucified itself in doing it. The Gentile church. The world will crucify itself in doing this thing here. Now listen: we're reading the Word of God.
(23) ...and to the spirits of just men made perfect, (This is Resurrection time and a Rapture.)
(24) And to Jesus the mediator...
But watch, first of all, the hope is what? New Jerusalem. A great company of angels. He comes with a myriads of angels.
(23) ...the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, (the Saints are gone on before. They're all getting ready now.) and to God the Judge... (Is He judged any? He'll judge again.) and to the spirits of just men made perfect, (New Testament Saints coming up. Then what?)
(24) ...Jesus the mediator (when we rise in the air and God incarnates Himself in that person. Yep.) to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things that that of Abel.
Now, Abel is what? The first one. He died. Come up in the First Resurrection. We're looking now at the Blood which does even greater things. It scatters sin till there be no evidence whatsoever. And He said, "Come ye blessed to the Tree of Life." You talk about the Blood of Jesus Christ, and people want to play It down. Try and take statements of Bro. Branham, Blood off the Mercy Seat and things like that. Brother, sister, let me tell you something: that Blood, I don't care what happens, that Blood, that Blood works. "Nothing but the Blood of Jesus." [Song]
21Now, It says:
(25) See that (you) refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that (spoke) on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that (not) speaketh, (but him that is) from heaven: (Rev 10:1)
(26) Whose voice then shook the earth: (It was on the Cross. When He cried out an earthquake came.) but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
(27) And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, (The whole earth and the whole system, and everything that man made.) that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
What remains? "Thou remainest O God." [Heb 1:11] And Who is God, but the Word.
(28) Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
(29) For our God is a consuming fire.
The consuming God comes down with a Message, and at that time He's Judge. Brother/sister listen: this Word is so perfect; I'm going to be honest with you, because I'm a very honest person. I'm too analytical to not to be honest. Any Seventh Day Adventist can put his tune together too, the way we put our tune together. But he's wrong.
We have a vindicated messenger. Seventh Day Adventist's only had a woman who ran foul of the Word of God, because no woman is ordained to preach. Has no Word at all input in the church, but, that's to her advantage. If she doesn't have an input, she's not responsible for an input. But if she's got an intake, she can sit there like a sponge. She's like the sweet little girl, bless God, who got a hold of a sugar-daddy, and he says, "Sweetheart, I don't care what you do, as long as you do it with me. Here's the millions."
God is a 'sugar-daddy' to you and me. He left Israel to take a Gentile Bride and He said, "All you've got to do is sit there like a sponge, and let Me just pour the honey on you honey."
Then women fuss? What's the matter with you women this morning? And you type the church. What's the matter with this Church this morning that we can't let the husband provide all the goodies? Who asked this Church to provide anything? When did God ever ask anybody for anything? He'd be in our debt. Ha! We may be slightly mental, but God isn't brother/sister. God knows every trick in the book, because he put every trick in the book.
In other words, I'm trying to tell you the Word of God brother/sister, what you and I look at, and believe It and see what It does for us moment by moment. So here you see it here. What is it? A Message speaking, the One from Heaven. The One that John saw seated on the Throne. The One in chapter 4. The One John saw in chapter 5 that took the Book from the hand that gave the Book to Jesus, the Lamb, ripping off the Seals, giving the Book back. That same One, Rev 10:1, came down here. What did He come with? A Shout, which is a Message! Which is what? The same word 'kelsuma' is the root word for almost every word in 1 Corinthians 15, bringing the Church into a subjection. We won't get that today. We'll get it Wednesday night by the grace of God hopefully.
22Okay. Now with this, we read 1Cor 14:34-37. Listen:
(34) Let your women keep silence in the churches: (it's) not permitted unto them to speak; but to be under obedience as also saith the law.
(35) And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
(36) What? (You people doing this he said, did) the word of God (come) out from you? or came it unto you only?
(37) If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
Now, he says right there: women have no say in it. Let them ask their husbands. Okay, now, that's set down in Church order.
23So let's go to 1 Tim 2:8-14.
(8) I will therefore that men pray every where, ( I think the word, the Greek, that men means actually, 'masculine men' in the sense of the gender, not in a generic sense of putting it straight across the board.) I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
(9) In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; (it means seriousness,) not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
(10) But which becometh women professing godliness with good works.
Now, if you want to look at that shamefacedness, what you really want to do is read the Book of Proverbs where Solomon describes a prostitute. "She winketh with her eye, she makes motion with her feet." [Prov 6:13] In other words, she's a come-on-artist is what you're looking at here. Women are to be not in that category. Why? Because they pray to God for a good husband, and while the man's praying for a good wife and God will get them together.
Now verse 11.
(11) Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
(12) But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
(13) For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
(14) And Adam [Bro, Vayle says Eve] was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
Now, what you're looking at here is not only the fact of a Church order, but what you're looking at is the type of the husband and the wife. The male and the female. Now, no male has any authority over any woman that's not his wife. See? You've got to look at. Preacher doesn't either. Can't interfere in your home. The Word's laid down, he's got to do what's right.
24All right, so what we're seeing here is the woman, which is the church, cannot answer back to the headship which is the prophet. Let's go a little further, because I want to link all these together. Col 3:18-24, once more on the same subject.
(18) Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
(19) Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
(20) Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
(21) Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
(22) Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; (and so on. That's about as far as I need to go there.)
25And with It, Eph 5:21,which we read many, many times.
(21) Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
(22) Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
There again, it's true, but it's in type.
(23) For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: (now you're getting back to the truth,) and he is the saviour of the body.
Now remember, Bro. Branham in "Marriage and Divorce', actually hit type very, very strong. "He's the savior of the body."
(24) Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
In everything what? As Christ would want it. Not as a husband wants it. He's got to want the things of Christ, so she'll do the things of Christ. No man can ask his wife... "Well, you've got a baby." See, that's the junk that comes out of taking Bro. Branham and prostituting what he said. Even getting men wanting illegitimate rotten sex act. Now, pardon me. This is rough, because you've got kids you've got to explain at home. You better learn now as later anyway. I say women, if your husband wants that, you boot him out, or tell the whole church, or put an ad in the newspaper. That sounds pretty rotten. But I'm a rotten guy up here. I admit it. I'm rotten when it comes to that. Absolutely.
See what I'm talking about, the minister's saying, "I'm the spiritual husband, you listen to me." See where that can go? Oh, you bet it can go places. Now they've got Jimmy Swaggart, Maybe they've got a picture of him with a prostitute now. We don't know yet. I don't judge the man. He could have ben framed. Many man's been framed. But you see where preacher's go? Tell you one thing and do another. You want to come in my home, examine it? You won't find too much there. You might find more than you bargain for. Who knows. I'm not trying to sell you a bill of goods. This is the truth. I've got to obey It. You've got to obey It.
26Now listen: women must be in their position, men in their position. Remember, God is over all. See? No woman makes it by the man, except the man Christ Jesus. Therefore, the Church is subject unto Christ, let the wives be unto their own husband everything in the things of God.
(25) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
(26) That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
(27) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
(28) So ought men to love their (own) wives their own bodies... (and so on.)
27Now, what we clearly see here is the husband and wife Word relationship. The husband and wife 'Word' relationship. So let's go to Hebrews.
Now you see, that's why I say... The wife is not expected to obey her husband... "Hey listen, look at Ananias and Sapphira. Ananias said, 'I want to tell you Sapphira my dear this thing looks pretty good, but it could be shaky. Now, you and I'll agree, we'll say we put it all in case it fails, we'll just go back and get a little Nest Egg.'"
"Why," she said, "I think that's perfectly good." (See, Mrs. Lot again.)
So Ananias goes in and he said, "I want to tell you, (he said,) this is all we got."
Peter said, "You lied to the Holy Ghost." The man fell down dead.
Now he told his wife and she like an idiot, she walked in. And she should have said, "Well, I'm sorry, my husband told me to lie, but I can't lie." Now they didn't let her know that he just dropped dead.
They said to her then, "Look it here."
Peter said, "Did you put all this in?"
She said, "Yes. Oh, that's all there was."
"Now listen," he said, "The feet of those that carried your husband are now coming to carry you out." And she dropped dead.
Wives obey your husband's in everything? Huh? You got to be nuts. Ho, ho, ho. I told my wife and I keep telling you, I said, "Now look kid, if I hit the skids ever again, you better go on with God, and I mean it. Now I mean it. You're not going to fool with anybody's life. Look, I'm going to tell you, I've got trouble with my own life. That's another reason that I don't fool with your lives here.
28Okay, it's a husband and wife 'Word' relationship as seen in Heb 13:7.
(7) Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their (behavior).
(17) Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that (will react bad upon) you.
In other words, if anybody expects a pastor to use a club to club you in line, he can do it. It won't do you any good. Won't do you any good. Now, what about all you guys that were shunned and committed to the devil by these preachers that say they they're in the Message? Tear up your homes. Destroy your family lives. Sharon left Dave for a while until he had to come crawling on his belly. A man crawling on his belly to his wife because a preacher broke them up? If that's the Holy Ghost, (and it ain't,) I wouldn't be interested. Put you under bondage? Yes, you are under bondage to the Word of God. There's a bond-slave of love to Jesus Christ. But not to some preacher in the pulpit. Haw, phffft! Hogwash. I'll go bumming on the streets first.
God doesn't let you down brother/sister. You don't need to be afraid with this Word. I've proved that time after time. The relationship is specifically the Word of Almighty God. That's the same ...?... It says here in Ephesians 4. Because if you're going to take what Bro. Branham said, he said, "a spiritual." And spiritual has only one place which is the conduit of the Spirit which is the Word. It's a wrong spirit outside the Word. Come on. I feel real anointed right now. Haul off and ...?... some of these things that are wrong in the church. God have pity.
29Listen, beginning Eph 4:4,
(4) There is one body, (there is) one Spirit,...
And how can you get fifteen people asking fifteen different ways in a pulpit if It's one Spirit? I admit I've got a gift to relating Word to Word. I admit it. I mean, I just simply sit down, my mind goes blank and it begins flooding, and I know the Scripture floods in. I know you don't have that. But I'm going to tell you one thing brother/sister, you don't even need that. Maybe I've got a little advantage of being a teacher. But nobody needs to run foul of the Word of God, because It dove-tails. If you've got three verses to my forty, your three verses are just as good as my forty.
The reason I say that because sometimes I use as much as two hundred Scriptures in one sermon, an hour and a half. Of course I read very fast.
(4) (...one Sprit, one body,) as (you) are called in one hope of your calling;
All got one hope. What's that? Immortality. Yes! Because that's what Adam and Eve had. Don't get idea's of heavenly places wafting around in the spirit, and say, "Now, dear Father I know You have great intelligence and great wisdom, but let me add something to You." Phffft! Come on. What are we supposed to have? Immortality.
Didn't Paul say, "I'm judged because of my hope in the Resurrection?" All right, we've got one body that's going to be resurrected immortal. We've got one Spirit that's going to do the work.
(5) (We've got) one Lord (that planned It. We've got one revelation that tells It. We've got) one baptism, (which is the Holy Ghost which gave the revelation.)
(6) (There's only) one God (Who's the) Father of all. (And He's) above all, (and He's) through all, (and He's in all the Bride. And now He's in our midst.)
(7) But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
(8) Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
(9) Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? (That's Jesus in the form of the Spirit.)
(10) He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.
And when He came back as the Holy Ghost and set the Church in order, He gave and never took back:
(11) ...apostles; prophets; evangelists; pastors; teachers; (What's their job?)
(12) For the perfecting of the saints, (That's a conclusion; the absolute finishing. The last one in. The last one polished. Oh yes, yes, yes,) for the work of the ministry, (to bring the gifts in subjection of the Church, complementary, all the things there, too) edifying the body of Christ: (build it up. Built it up in the nurture of God:)
(13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, (Why certainly we're bound to by one Holy Ghost.) and of the knowledge of the Son of God, (absolutely) unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (When the foundation stone, corner stone becomes the Capstone.)
(14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
(15) But (holding) the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Now listen: where is the solidarity of the Bride? In the Word. See? In the Word. Doctrine no longer sways us. See? Why in the name of common sense would anybody want to intercede through a saint when you got Jesus? See? Now, that's just a small thing. Now don't think that's strictly Catholicism. People prayed in his name and got healed. And Bro. Branham said, "You can go to witch doctors believing it's God and get healings."
Why do I need that? I don't need that for intercession. The intercession William Branham brought was to plead with us to listen to him. Because he was sent by Him, that's all. If I ask you to listen to me it's only because I believe I'm teaching the Word of God right.
31Now listen: It's the Word to come.
(15) But speaking the truth in love, (Holding It that is, and talking It.) grow up into him (it's really unto him,) which is the head, even Christ: (In other words, coming from the feet up.)
Remember, the great idol that Daniel described, Nebuchadnezzar's vision, was a Gentile idol and ages, from the head to the feet. We are from the feet to the head. That's why this is the greatest age ever. Our Headship is Christ.
Listen: The most blessed thing I could say, and hope to be true, and by the grace of God I hope it is, I don't know, that my Headship is the Lord Jesus Christ and I preach and acknowledge Him, and show Him unto you through this Word. And I hope that I am right. And for your sakes, you hope that I am right, and together we're going on. Now, our hope is in the Word.
Now, I'm not getting to what I want to talk about this morning. I know that, where time's running out. We'll get to it someday. I want to tell you where this Church stands and all about it, and what our future course is. I've been preaching it, but I've got to narrow it down more and more.
(16) From whom the whole body fitly joined and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, (seven joints and seven Church Ages.)
A man tried to get me to tell him the body was head, trunk and limbs. I said, "Hogwash, that's physiology not the Bible."
The Gentile Bride has seven major divisions of Seven Church Ages. All coming down from the head. And neither one was the head. The best we can qualify for is neck. And if you've got a neck like mine it's always out of adjustment. Lord have pity, so stiff, hmm. God help the stiff neck. That's the church. Everything types. Even when it's a bad type. It's a bad fit.
(16) ...joint (together which every) joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part,... (and every part's measure is different.)
But when it's all added up the Holy Ghost and all the Word is here, and He Himself comes down. Because it's in measure. God Himself is without measure, but He gives the Spirit to you and me by measure, but to Jesus without measure. Because God came into Him. How much measure did William Branham have? Don't ask me. I believe all God could move into him absolutely just move a part of him out, I don't know. All I know God in the prophets. I know that and that satisfies my mind, I don't have to ...?...
(16) ...maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Then brother/sister, where does love come from? From the Word. You say you love this Word with all your heart and sit in this Church under this teaching, then you will develop what love comes from what Word I am teaching in this place. And if I am teaching a wrong Word you'll soon begin hating each other. Get rid of all of us. And if you really believe what I'm saying you'll find plenty of love here. You'll produce it, others with you.
33A man came in this Church one day and talked to me. I said, "I want to ask you one question now:" I said, "Is there any difference between this spirit in this Church and the church you've been going to?
He said, "There sure is."
So I can tell you why. We stand for one thing here. Not my clubbing you, not my telling you anything, but what comes out of this Word that can seep into your heart and mine somehow by the grace of Almighty God. That changes lives, nothing else. We'll talk about that another time more and more as time goes on.
34All right, let's move along. Bro. Branham said, "Elijah was Jezebel's pastor." In other words, he was the husband of Israel. He's typing Lot the same way.
Let me go to Rev 2:18-22,
(18) And unto the (messengeer) of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are fine brass;
Now what's that? That's the Judge. Huh. The same One we've got in our age.
(19) I know thy works, and (thy) charity, (your love, your) service, (your) faith, (your) patience, (your) works; and the last to be more than the first.
(20) Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
Now, this is the Roman Catholic church in the dark ages. Now I want you to notice: do not look at all the print that says, "You've got a prophetess that seduces you, you got this, you got that, look it up here. It says here, "The Judge has declared: I know your works, your love, your service, your faith, your patience, your works. You've been growing in it, but I want to tell you what's wrong with you, and if you listen now you can change." And they wouldn't do it.
So therefore, the same thing goes on. You can find fine people there, godly people, good people, but they will not repent, which means give themselves over to the mind of the...leave the false prophetess Jezebel. And what did Jezebel do? She brought idolatry into Israel and mixed it. That's exactly what Catholicism has always done. They took the statues of Jupiter and Job and all these other ones, Job, all these, and made saints after them. Anybody knows it by reading history. They know it. But they won't change.
35Seabrook went down to Southern Islands. You can go to South America right today and you will find not Roman Catholicism as Catholicism is truly preached from the Vatican, you will find a mixture. Absolute mixture of pure heathenism, what the Indians had in South America and various places in the Islands, and with it the Roman Catholic religion. You do what you want. I'll prove it, go down with me, we'll make a trip. It's known right now. They have never got rid of it.
(21) ...I gave her space to repent... (they wouldn't repent.)
(22) Behold, I cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
Now, It tells you right there, if the Roman Catholic church ever got rid of that system, they would never hit the Great Tribulation. That goes for every church. Because they all come together under one. And you notice, the Roman Catholic's did not beg the Protestant's to come back. The Protestant's are begging to go back to Catholicism, and the Catholic's say, "Uh, uh, you got to buckle under to the bread and the wine. We say it is the literal body and the blood."
The Protestant's say, "No." But now they've got to the place...already the merger with the Roman spirit and the Lutherans have said, "We can overcome that, we can do it." And the rest will do it too, as soon as their bellies ache with hunger. Soon as they see their kids suffering. Soon as they see pressure, they'll all go together.
36Now, I'm not going to blame Catholicism brother/sister, to say that the Protestant's are fine. Don't give me that nonsense. I haven't preach that here, and I'm not going to preach it. The systems are all of the devil. Every system is of the devil, because the devil's system of worshipping outside the Garden in the first... the second generation of man. Which was Abel and Cain. Already Satan had perpetrated religious worship toward God upon a boy and killed the true believer.
Now, you think that's going to change? Listen: you have to be sitting here mentally defunct this morning. Spiritual idiots not to see that. Or you're so grossly incompetent by looking at your own selves that you're so wonderful. You can't even admit that you're born in sin, shaped in iniquity. Come on, something wrong somewhere. Not with us by the grace of God.
(23) And I will kill her children with death;...
What's that? Second death. Said, "Kill with death." That's kind of nutty isn't? Kill with death? Well, it's like saying, "Kill with measles? Kill with mumps? Kill with cancer? Kill with death. Shows you don't die when you die. You're someplace, then you die. The second death is Lake of Fire. It's already here, because they've turned It down. Hell comes upon earth my brother, my sister. And if the Kingdom of God is invisible but progressing, then hell is here and progressing, and people can't tell one from the other. It's a revelation, but it's based upon evidence.
As prophet Elijah, as prophet, Elijah could not be judged, you can't judge a prophet, and as husband he could not be put away. So they tried to kill him. How could you put Jesus away? They killed Him. How are you going to put a prophet like William Branham, how are you going to put him away? Can't divorce him. Tried to kill him. The Word could not be rejected, or It meant death. That's exactly right.
37Let's go to 1 Cor 1:10-11.
(10) Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that (you) all speak the same thing, there be no divisions among you; (when you speak that thing,) but that (you) be perfectly joined together in the same mind, the same judgment, (when you speak that thing.)
In other words, you've been given a very strict course, though basic, in Scripture. What you were taught, you say It. Now, here's where the pew kicks up its toes.
"We don't have to, bless God, who are you telling us to say the same thing? We can have a different mind than yours."
Sure you can, baby go ahead.
"Well just a minute now, that church was all Bride!"
It wasn't all bride! Sit there and think it over.
(11) For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
All right. This is where I stand with the apostle Paul in this Church. "I do not want to superimpose myself upon you as head, or to make you say what I say, but I have Scriptural grounds for what I'm saying. And if you don't do it, you're either the loser or the winner. You are the loser if I'm right, and I'm wrong, you're the winner. Now then, you prove I'm teaching wrong."
We'll talk about that too. I haven't got time to hit that this morning. We may just have two more sessions on this, but not maybe this one thing here.
38Now, to claim the same revelation, to claim the same Word and revelation of God is what we're looking at. Now, these people here do, (they claim the same revelation, the same Word,) in a Bride Church therefore the pastor and Church are commanded to abide together forever in a relationship of a husband and wife.
Now, let's read [1 Cor 1:] 12-13.
(12) Now this I say, that every one of you (say), I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and of Christ.
(13) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
All right. What we're looking at here then is that these people here claim the same Word, the same revelation of God, and in a Bride Church we see the pastor, and the Church are commanded to abide with each other in a forever relationship, (because that's marriage,) but in verses 12 and 13, there is a different husband relationship. Because some say, "I do not belong with this fellow here, I do not belong with that fellow there. I belong over here."
Now, try to get what I'm saying now in relating to the Church, the people sitting in the pews in contradistinction to the minister preaching and he is the spiritual husband, and that's the spiritual wife.
Now, in one group here they say the same thing. They have the same mind, the same revelation. And you can have that right across the board and it should be. But there are that rise up and say, "Now just a minute, I don't see it that way. I'm listening to this guy over here." That's why I say, If you're going to run... people say, "Well, I don't mind hearing somebody's tape." You can hear anybody's tape you want, just don't come to me for answers. You're not going to get them. I'll just say, "Just let him go back to his church."
39I'll answer my own questions which are here for me. But I will not answer for anybody else. The only person whose tapes that I've actually don't mind coming up here is Jack Bell's, because I feel Jack has a tremendous influence on people through this same ministry, but he's a real dye-in-the-wool pastor. I don't mind other men's tapes either to a degree. But I don't have any questions what Jack preaches. Now, I might not about others too.
Now, in this case the husband has a wife who admits no revelation... Let me see, let me get it over here first of all... I read It in one (1) about the division, but I got to get over here in 7. Now we saw the division of the husband and wife, and how that one man claims one headship, one another. Now the 7th chapter which I really want to get into with this and read [1 Cor 7:]10-11.
(10) And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
Now, see, that's going over here where Paul says, "You've got many teachers, but you've only had One that begot you in the gospel. And so that is like the father, husband complex which you're looking at. Now:
(11) But if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away [his] wife.
Now, see in here is the relationship that Paul talks about here of the one mind, and the one way of doing things and the one understanding, those people are obligated to stay together in that relationship.
Now, down in 12 and 13, it says here: [1 Corinthians 7:]
(12) But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, (now there's your church again,) and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
(13) And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
40Now, we're looking at that relationship within the Church, although that might be a dimmer situation what we talked about previously over here in the 1st chapter.
Now, in this case here, of the husband and wife where he says, "Do not depart," Then he says, "You can depart," you are looking at something which is entirely different. You'll see in the one case the husband has an unbeliever wife, in the other case the woman has an unbelieving husband.
Now, It tells you here as long as the woman does not defy the husband, (see?) so that she would pull him away from the Lord the relationship can go on. Then It says concerning the woman that if she has an unbelieving husband the relationship can continue if he does not attempt to destroy her spirituality.
Bro. Branham said there's three things a woman can divorce her husband for. "If he would not let her pray, read the Bible, and go to church and worship." There was those three things.
Now, he also said concerning adultery, "If a man continues to be adulterous the woman can divorce him, but she can't remarry, because he could come home and bring a disease to her."
41All right, now: The relationship then we see is a double relationship in the area.
(10) ...to the married I (say), yet not I, but Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
(11) But if she depart, let her remain unmarried...
In other words, there's such a thing as a people in the church, that could be...I hate to say this, but it looks very much in truth here concerning a Bride people, that they just never could get along. Said okay, "If you believe the same God, you've got the same Word, there is no way you can actually divorce and remarry". And I said that in this Church. We've got excuses for the older people. But the younger people you're dead. You marry some slob don't come around me. I won't do a thing for you. Except that you asked for it, you stay the way you are. "Why, I can't live with the man." Then you content to be unmarried. Now in here at down below:
(11) But if she depart, ...?...
(12) But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: (he said, a) brother (has) a wife that (doesn't believe, she'll say, "Okay honey, you do what you like, I'll be a good wife, I won't run with men. I'll be honest." Fine.)
Now, here's a woman she's got a man that says, "Hey, it's okay," like Bro. Branham said, "Honey you go to church, you're a good wife. I won't go to church with you, but you go all you want. You pray, and I think you're great." Then you stay together. See?
42All right. If you put that into types you can understand what I'm saying. Let us say that a congregation, there are people sitting in the congregation simply do not understand what is going on. But they're content to take the Word like I'm suggesting in their mind and say, "Look, I believe that's right, though I can't get it, it's not for me. I believe that's truth. That's fine. Just go along."
What about the pastor now? He's standing there and he says, "Now look, this Branham Message I can't see." Now you've got yourself in a marriage right there you've got to get out of. See? You're not content. So there's always going back and forth on this marriage where the pastor is the spiritual husband that there is no place where you are bound to a minister that you've got to stick with him. Now that's what comes out of the saying, "You've got to get yourself a pastor, a church to go to, because a pastor will see you through and a place to pay your tithes." Uh, uh. No.
We're not here to say, "Hey, you got to come to this church. And if you leave here you're condemned." You know something? You could leave here and maybe the best move you made in your life. And at the White Throne I'll have to congratulate you, that you had something that I didn't have. You see, we're talking about this marriage, this spiritual husband and all.
The Word of God does not bind you to a dead carcass. The Word of God does not put you in bondage. See? You are still able to think you thoughts. See? And if you disagree you haven't got what it takes to join in the situation on the grounds that you feel that you're hindered someway, you're free to go. But if you have a husband or wife sitting here, or you come to church and you say, "Well look it, I may not understand everything, in fact I'm having an awful job, but something rings true that I can hold on to. Nobody's going to put you out and fuss at you. You have a union. Now, that's the best I can do with typing this, because that's all I'm doing is typing.
43Now, if the pastor preaches a false doctrine, or he's in adultery, the authorized men in the church can openly face him. Now here's something right here, preachers don't believe they can be faced. You bet your sweet life they can be faced. Let's find out how. Rev. 2:2.
(2) I know (your) works, (that's the first church age) thy labour, and thy patience, and how (you) (cannot) bear them (that) are evil: (now you) tried them which say they are apostles, and found them (be) liars:
45Now, with that I'm going to read 1 Tim 5:17-19. Because I want you to know how it's done. And this is exactly what the preacher must submit himself to. Not just an elder in the church, because Bro. Branham places the elders and the pastors right together. All right:
(17) Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, (in other words they can take part of the tithes,) especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
(18) For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.
(19) Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
(20) Them that sin rebuke before others, (that all) may fear.
Now, Bro. Branham interpreted this: He said, "Before you can receive an accusation against an elder, (And that he classified them with pastors, so let's hit right on the head.) you cannot challenge the person or make a statement without coming before the church with two other men. Those people will be judged by the Church whether they are worthy to even make a complaint."
I want to ask you a question: has it been done in your church? It better be done here. If you've got something against me, or members of the deacons, you feel you've got something then you'd better bring two more people of like mind like you and be prepared to stand before the Church and let the Church say whether you are fit to make an accusation.
Now, that doesn't mean to intimidate you. Because if I was in some churches, I can tell you this, the preacher would have the people so scared that you could be right and not allowed to open your mouth. I don't go for that. Now I do go for it as a carnal person. Oh tricky very nice, but standing here in the White Throne Presence I've got to be honest with you and tell you if it comes to that place in this Church, this is the way it's got to be done.
46I know to this point, we've never done it this way, but we're growing in grace and we're going down the road. Now, if anybody wants that change, remember, I leave the pulpit. You get anybody you want. Don't fool with me on this thing here. But it just shows one thing, it means the Church has got to learn to be very, very careful, and very, very sure and when they are with that Word, very careful, very sure, and very knowing in their understanding with the Word to be right and all, there is no limits.
Now, I don't mean picky, picky. There's some of you want to be up here, you know, with jeans on, slacks you know, your hair ...?... , straw hats... I like to dress very nice, because that's all I've got going for me. So you can say, "Well, Bro. Vayle ...?... shirt, this and that." I know people got so critical they couldn't stand the preacher wearing a brown shirt. I was pretty bad that way myself when I was a kid, I said, "White shirt." Hogwash. I'll come in a red shirt if I think it looks good and don't scare you out of the building. [laughter] I don't mean picky, picky. I mean things that are really real. You see?
If people are doing things they shouldn't be doing, now that's when they shouldn't be doing things...ordinary...I don't mean ordinary as though he's ordinary, but I'm away from the ministry in the church. You can go to anybody anytime you want. That right. You should go anytime that you feel something's wrong. But when it comes to an accusation against an elder; in other words, really something, that is really wrong, say, "This man is not really fit for the office. This man's doing so and so."
Then there must be what Bro. Branham said, "Accredited people only who can do it." See?
47Now, if the church refuses revelation it is also in spiritual adultery same as the preacher would be. See? The pastor can try and do as Paul did in 2 Cor 12:13-18. Now here's where we limit ourselves here, because this is far as I know to go. I don't know any other word for it. Now Paul says:
(13) For what is it wherein (you) were inferior to other churches, except it be that I myself was not (a burden) to you? forgive me this wrong.
(14) Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you; and will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not your's but you: for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.
(15) And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.
Now, you say, "Hey, just a minute, could that be true?" That's true. Some people are very indifferent. Very indifferent what a man may do for you. That's why I get very fearful in my position in this Church here, because I've been extraordinarily generous in putting money out for buildings and everything else. And I've just found a way how to put thousands of dollars into this church and not use a cent tithes for your building. I'm doing wrong, I admit it, there's a great possibility. This could turn against me.
48Listen: I do not kid myself for one minute about this Church. Not that I suspect anybody of anything, but It says right here, "Though I love you the more, the less I be loved." You let Satan get amongst you, you see what happens. That's why I've insisted upon loyalty in this Church. If I'm loyal to you, it's a two way street. Just like my wife, if she's not loyal to me, why would I be loyal to her? Except I want to be a Christian. We're talking about Christians in the front and in the back.
The pastor is stuck. Yeah. That's why I say no matter what you do, the only thing I'd censure you for is gross immorality. And if you were censured for that and the Church judged you, you are still welcome to sit in the pew, though not take Communion and Foot Washing. We treat you as a sinner that needs Christ, but we love you to the extent that we love your soul, and want to see you right. Any attitude brother/sister that condemn you, no way shape and form.
I take my stand as you well know and I stand here with the Word as I believe It, and I believe Bro. Branham taught It, that's the one thing that I will not brook interference with. If you think I'm wrong, I'd rather go down the road, or get yourself another pastor, but not in this building. I won't fool with anybody. In this pulpit teach one thing and me another.
49Now, I'm not being hard. Just telling you exactly how my heart is, and how I see the Word of God here. But Paul was stuck with the people. He said:
(16) ...be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you with guile.
(17) Did I make a gain of you by any of them whom I sent unto you?
(18) I desired Titus, and with him I sent a brother... (Now Paul is speaking to the Church.)
Now, I handled a case of sure adultery. The guy was caught different times, but they thought this is his first time. The people were going to throw him out. That left his wife and kids without support. They held the tithe back and ...?... And I said, "Now just a minute, let's understand this, that you people are angry, but if you hire this man as a worker, gardener, anything else, you'd owe him wages, you'd owe him a severance pay, a vacation. Now, he won't preach for you, but give him what you owe him, because he's still a minister, (though a bad one,) give him the money that you owe him, that you've saved up, let him have it, let him get a job. It'll save you down the road. It'll save the family. It did. Now you see what you're looking at brother/sister?
I never went there with any thought of making gain on those people, but helping those people to get right, and they had a very severe problem. And I've always stuck with my guns on that, and I find it pays off. See. The pastor's cannot look for a gain except in spiritual souls and they must pay a price for it. I don't say I pay very much. I certainly have not paid very much. Sometimes I think I did, but I look back and I say, "Well, my Lord, Paul had a...I wouldn't even fit in Paul's thumb the way he did it.
50Now, let me try to give you what I see in this hour.... (What time have we got much left?)
All right, Wednesday we are going to go into what we have dealt at this point to the pastor and the people, and knowing that there is no such thing as a congregation that does not have the element of the three believers.
Now look: this is something that tears me to pieces, but there's nothing I can do about it. And all I can say is look, I could be up here complete phony and not know it. And I can look at some of you and think, "Hey, when are they going to wake up?" And you've had four mornings ahead of mine. So we're going to deal with that starting Wednesday. And there's no way I can recap. Except I say to... as you come on Wednesday that we're going to look at this in the time of the Exodus we must examine the relationships in this hour to know what we are going to do in the face of all these things that are spread around the country about this Message.
What will we do in this Church? What are our attitudes? How do we cope? See. Okay, Wednesday we'll take that, and then we'll go on to some questions that are handed in.
[Bro. Vayle goes into local church issues]
51Okay, the Lord bless you. Now I hope you understand more than you understood previously concerning these things why I teach and take the stand that I do on the Word of God, because It is everything, and without It we are completely debased, negated, and in debt. But with It, we have a hope of glory. So, everything must go to this Word. That's why I bypass personalities nearly all the time, but I must deal with some things in order to get you off the hook, and know, hey, am I right or wrong? Look, I'm going to tell you brother/sister, there's some you didn't do wrong at all. You may be [told] by preachers you did wrong, and I'm criticized, "That I'm doing wrong." Who gives a rip? I don't care [what] they say, or anything else. I stand right here. This Church is judged by Almighty God. I've hurt nobody, I've gone nowhere. Let's rise and be dismissed.
Heavenly Father, we're glad that we've been able to come to Your house today, and talk about these things. Although some are a bit sketchy, Lord, because we're not prophetic. I'm not a prophet to take all these things, and wind them just together, Lord, the way Bro. Branham could do it, but, Lord, I do know I've taken them and done my best to just show the possibilities that lie herein. What congregation does. What the pastor does. How we are a family of God somehow, get our thoughts together, our ways together in this great battle of the Ages. Because we know if this is the great showdown, the greatest hour, than it's the greatest battle. And, Lord, we know it's a battle of the mind, and we know Satan is trying to battle us every way, shape, and form. First of all to distort the Word that the prophet brought us, to use It ignominiously in a way that would be for self-aggrandizement.
And, Lord, I believe my heart, Lord, that You've got honest men that wouldn't do that, and I don't want to do that myself. I want to be honest, O God, in everything I do and say. Not to run anybody else down, although I can't help, Lord, when there's certain things come up I know to be gross error, a contradiction of the prophet, making him a liar. How can it be, Lord, that a prophet would tell us a lie? How could it be that a prophet would be off the truth? It could not be so, if You're in the prophet, Lord.
And, Father, we believe that we have seen at this hour, so we are confident that what we have from him is correct, and, Lord, I only hope and pray that what I'm seeing myself is under the influence of the Holy Spirit to bring the Word to the people that they can at least begin to feel and to see some of the Spirit that lies within this with where they are. Where they are, one body with a ministry that You ordained to represent You, and You bring us all to the same place where you are.
And, Lord, if that isn't enough, then there's something wrong with us. We don't belong in the first place. We are just a bunch of churlish [bad mannered] people that are sticking their nose into places, as Bro. Branham said, "They're presumptuous, they're going places where they have no right to be.
But, Father, by the grace that You gave us, we'll just forget all those other things and pass from the negative to the positive where each one of us strives to look more and more to You, and know more, and more the sweet revealed Word that brings us into the heavenly places...