Being viewed in 189 Countries
1 Shall we just pray: Heavenly Father again we have the happy privilege of being assembled in this building, Lord, that You’ve given us the privilege of setting aside for services and worshipping Your Name, for revealing Your Word to us Lord, as the prophet said to try to break It down to help the people to really understand. Some of the things, he said, he just had to gloss over. They weren’t glossed over; they were set forth and…but You have ministries Lord, we believe that are ordained to help people and we pray tonight that it shall be such Lord, not in ourselves but in You and You alone Lord, because as Bro. Branham said, “Any hands can open the book but only the Spirit of God can reveal It to us.” We feel the same way about it tonight Lord, there’s no change. There’s no change in You. There’s no change in Your ways. So we commit ourselves unto You Lord, as vessels sanctified for Your glory Lord. We might not give You much glory but we do pray Lord, that we’ll be truly Your Word at least in the mechanical so that they’ll be no misunderstanding there, so there…then there’d be an opportunity for Your Spirit to bring life to It and then go into the dynamics. So Father, we commend ourselves to You tonight, in Jesus’ Name. Amen. You may be seated.
2Now I don’t know just how much time I’m going to take tonight on this subject which is ‘The Projecting of Love’, and hopefully, it could be the last message on that subject or it could be just one third of it. What’s left, I don’t know. I’ll try to go as rapidly as I can but we’re all aware that all the doctrines of the Bible start in Genesis. Now that’s a fact because Genesis means ‘beginning’. And anything that’s in the Bible has to have a beginning in the Book of Genesis where it starts in the beginning, it ends in the Book of Revelation, and if it’s not in Genesis, then if the seeds aren’t there then it’s just simply not a Bible truth as some people might claim it to be a Bible truth.
Now Bro. Branham constantly took us all to the Book of Genesis. Now to me he was the omega of John the alpha. Bro. Branham was the omega of John the alpha because both John and Bro. Branham constantly said, “In the beginning or from the beginning”—now you check it out and you’ll see for yourself—always they said, “In the beginning or from the beginning,” and you won’t find that I don’t suppose in any other writings. So we have an Alpha and an Omega and you can see the Bible forming under the principles of Alpha and Omega. And that is where love which is true love is first set forth which would have to be in the Book of Genesis.
3Now we’re going to listen to John as he tells it, first of all in 1 John 3:
(11) For this is the message that (we have) heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
(12) Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous.
Then again in 2 John, you find the same thing in the 5th verse.
(5) And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
Now here is what I’ve been trying to get across to you and I’m sure that you have got it over the past but repeating it because it’s months ago since I spoke on this subject, many times and that is that there are more beginnings in the Bible and in John’s epistles than the people give credit to, and because of that fact that this is mentioned of a beginning, then people put great preeminence upon this verse when indeed there could be greater preeminence perhaps upon another beginning or another word.
4Now there are beginnings I say then in the Book of John that is the epistles that differ from this beginning as Bro. Branham brought out in Marriage and Divorce, in Mt 19:3-8. And he said, “It was not so from the beginning,” and he took it back to Gen 2:18-24 in order to show where divorce was intrinsically wrong, how it happened, and still happens and how to eliminate it. So that’s a beginning. And as I’ve previously said this same problem William Branham warned us to always see if what we’re dealing with started in Genesis. If it isn’t there in the Book of Genesis in its seed form then we have to leave it alone. Now that’s where he’s teaching always led us.
5So let us look at these beginnings that are here in this first Epistle, particularly, and we’ll just see what we’re…that there’s more than one beginning which…view of the love. Now he says here beginning at the 1st verse of 1 John, the Epistle.
(1) That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
Now he said, there’s a beginning; “That which was from the beginning,” so there’s a beginning there. And he said, “Which we have heard, which we saw with our eyes, we looked upon, our hands handled, of the Word of life;”
(2) (For the life was manifested, (and that word ‘manifest’ there is ‘to bring out in its true characteristic, to manifest actually means as from the word ‘phaneroo’ which means that you could be a hypocrite but with this Word you can’t be. There’s no mask to this Word. It’s absolutely genuine in whatever it portrays or portends to be that’s exactly what it is, its true character.)
(2) (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, (which) was manifested (in its true characteristics, truly that that’s the One) unto us;)
(3) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, (or bring it into full view, delineate upon it, show it to you clearly) that ye also may have fellowship with us: (Now you notice that John said right there, now, he said, “If you want fellowship with me there’s certain standards I’ve set up.” Now you do what you want. Now see that’s…I’m sorry I didn’t write the Book. I preach it.) …which we have seen and heard…we (declare) unto you, that (you) also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father,…
6Now where does that put you in line with the Father if you’re out of line with John? Now you do what you want. Three dots in a row, if they’re not perfectly straight across, you’ve got a crooked line. Now look, I’m sorry because since I’ve been sick I’ve gone through a lot of different changes in my life and this is one thing that I’m pretty touchy about. I don’t want to really hurt anybody because it’s easy to hurt people. But love does not hurt; love is corrective but it doesn’t hurt. That’s why our kids got complexes. I’ve got a complex. My kids got complexes. You’ve all got complexes because your parents whooped on you when they shouldn’t have; they should have taken you aside and nicely talked and showed you things and led you and then if you needed a licking you got your licking. So nobody’s trying to hurt anybody.
But John said right, and later on he lets you down flat. He said, “I’ll let you know how you truly know the truth, you listen and hear me.” So people don’t like that. Now instantly you could not in your former thinking categorize that as love. No way, I don’t care who’s sitting here, look, I just throw a handful of beans out and get you all. Now I’m not trying to take the shotgun and shoot anybody; we’re just getting right down to the truth here. It’s going to be a three hour sermon, I can see that coming. I won’t preach for two weeks. [Congregation laughs.]
(3) …truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. (You don’t have a mediator without a mediator.)
(4) And these things we (write) unto you, that your joy may be full.
7All right now, John himself never saw the beginning of that beginning of which he speaks. No, he never saw that beginning which was with the Father. He goes, he goes, he’s going way back. What beginning is he talking about? Well, he’s talking about the One he’s talked about here in the Book of John, the Gospel of John, in the first few verses.
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
See, he said…that’s what he tells you about right here. He said, “Which was with the Father.” The life which was with the Father: was with. He didn’t say, “The life of the Father was in him.” He said, “That life was with the Father, so that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
(4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men. (See?)
So he explains it and then he tells you here in the 14th verse.
(14) And the Word (became) flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
8So he’s telling you something now that was preexistent in a form he never saw in some way that he never knew about and now is manifested in human flesh. See? Now listen carefully. There was a time when God wasn’t even God which means the object of worship. I agree with Bro. Branham perfectly and I agree with the verses he takes which is Jn 4:24, “God is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” Also, the one we read this morning which was Jn 1:18 that he said, “No man hath seen God at any time;” and the Bible also says, “No man can see Him.” He’s invisible. No man could see Him and live. By grace Moses saw the hinder parts which was the back of a man. Now he said here,
(18) No man hath see God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Now John is placing Him way back there, that’s why Bro. Branham could say, “The same One, the same Jesus that was in flesh is alive here in our midst today, and He’s doing the same things in the Spirit, obligated to do them that He did do to Israel when He was there in the flesh.” So you see John is talking about a beginning that he himself was not privy to in any sense of the word, except by revelation.
9Let’s go back to Ex 33:18-23 and you know it’s very strange that Brother Klassen was using some of this, this morning.
(18) And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
(19) And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. (Now he’s telling them right there it’s going to be a gracious and a merciful act if he gets a revelation of Him, if he gets any way to see Him. Now he was seeing Him by reason of a manifestation plus a voice but he’s going beyond that now.)
(20) And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for…no man (shall) see me, and live. (And yet the Bible says, “Moses and God spoke face to face.”)
(21) And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: (That’s exactly right; a rock of revelation.)
(22) And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, …I will put a clift (in) the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
(23) And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: (and) my face shall not be seen.
Now He tells you He’s going to give you a revelation which indicates here that your revelation will be sufficient of God but it won’t be the whole revelation of God. And of course, in this hour when He’s coming more and more into view the revelation we have according to John, according to Bro. Branham, according to the Word of Almighty God set forth is…would be the greatest revelation of the hour because Paul himself did not have a revelation of the power of the Resurrection. He said, “I might know him in the power of his Resurrection which is the first Resurrection, the out Resurrection from among the dead.” Paul didn’t have it. That revelation is here in this hour. There’ll be people here that are going to see the dead come up, stand amongst us, and they’re going to see themselves changed and taken away. All right.
10Anything before Jn 1:1, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God,” is not a beginning, and is absolutely Ex 3:13, 14. I’ve got a tremendous amount of Scripture, so we’ll see how far we go.
(13) And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come (to) the children of Israel, and…say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say…?
(14) And God said (to) Moses, I AM THAT I AM: (always was, no beginning, so you can’t talk of that preexistence because there wasn’t any. Okay.)
11Let’s go to Hebrews, the 7th chapter, where God manifests Himself into human form. …
(1) For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
(2) To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; …being (first) by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
(3) Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; (abides) a priest continually.
Now, of course, people want to tell you it meant there was no genealogy in this old boy. Hogwash! Abraham knew who He was. He said, “My Lord.” He said, “Shall not the God of all the earth do right?” Why there’s no controversy here. All right.
12Isaiah 40 which goes along the same line, and saying,
(13) Who hath directed the spirit of the LORD, or being his counselor…taught him?
(14) With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed him the way of understanding?
And then later on he said, later on he just tells you through the 40th chapter, that He was all alone that’s before He was even God. See? But He was God, but He was not the object of worship because there’s nothing there to worship Him. He was an object for worship but He hadn’t come into His own. Now this is what I have spoken of as the Eternal Spirit, all alone, plumbing His own depths, by Himself, within Himself and then from Is 40:13, 14 springs Jn 1:1-5. Now we read Is 40:13, 14 so we go back to John 1 and look at it a second and we read the first four verses.
(4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
(5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Or the darkness could not get a hold of it. See? In other words, there’s no way, there’s no way that this light which is the light of all men, and it is, and it doesn’t mean that all men have light or everybody hears the gospel. It simply means that He is the life and He is the light to all men and if you’re in darkness there’s a darkness there you’ll never grasp it. You’d be like the Pharisee that was all, oh, perfect according to the law but the minute that Jesus came into view and there was time for recognition he went all black and the poor little woman at the well who was a prostitute and she was dark but one little bit of light looking for Messiah, she turned all white. It tells you right here. So let’s not get the Scripture all messed up and you know, think that He’s life and He’s light to all men as though somehow each man has got a candle. That’s what they like to use and tell you that everybody’s going to be all right, everybody’s going to be saved. That’s ridiculous. “Except you’re born again you’ll in no wise see the kingdom of God.” Don’t know the first thing about it. See? These are your theologians speaking. All right.
13Now, especially verse 5 which we read and that in…He’s light and that in turn is witnessed to by James, I guess James was the brother of Jesus, according to what they tell me, over here in chapter 1…
(16) Do not (make a mistake), my beloved brethren.
(17) Every good and perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Now he sets forth here is a God of eternal truth. See? That’s where faith comes from. That’s why that faith is a revelation. See? Not just because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. You got to go…That’s just one statement. You better, you got to put the rest together which we’re trying to do tonight by the help of Almighty God.
14Now let’s go on and progress in our understanding of this beginning we’re examining. The first thing after the…that’s this first beginning John says in 1 John 1, that the preexistent One come down here in human flesh. Like Bro. Branham said, “The beginning of the creation of God was God beginning to form Himself in the form of human flesh which He did in Jesus Christ and it’s all going to come up in the masterpiece which is the Bride with the Lamb at the top of Mount Zion, and the Pillar of Fire was at the top.” Okay, that’s how I see it.
Now the first thing after this solitude is manifestation which is Logos. The first thing after this solitude which is not a beginning, He always was, see, His manifestation which is Logos. In other words, expression; He’s got to start expressing. And it’s absolutely defined by the prophet as light. Well, he had to because that’s exactly what John said. He said, “A light went out.” And then in the Church Order and Conduct, especially the question and answers on Genesis you’ll find how Bro. Branham described how the geological ages as known in the earth have come forth through the process of the Logos. Okay.
15Now, God who is Spirit and we know Spirit is light, the Bible says so, begins to radiate or out-ray itself. See? Begins to radiate, out-ray itself, manifests and it is light. Now light is absolutely necessary in order to see either physically or spiritually. Either way you want to go. So therefore, starting with light, the Life brings forth light. If the life is not there there’s not going to be any light. See? If the seed isn’t there, the life of that seed can’t come out because there’s no seed there in the first place. See? I’m trying to weave in many things here to get our thinking out as far as we can go in order to round everything out.
16Now let us go on and reread about this anointing that came out of God and brought visibility to God or potential visibility for as yet there was nothing more there than the Word was God. See? [John 1:]
(1) In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(3) All things (are) made by him; without him (there’s not anything) made that was made.
(4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men. (All right.)
17Now, we go back…we’ll go back now to Genesis 1 and here we find again a beginning. It says,
(1) In the beginning God created the heaven and…earth.
Now as far as I know Gen 1:1 in the way we read it is what followed Jn 1:1, 2 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” There’s God coming into view, Logos. And then he said this One spoke and things begin to form and how the sun was maybe five billion years in making, and all those various things. That’s perfectly fine how he brought it forth so beautifully.
Now, then we read in Genesis [1:] the second part of the 2nd verse,
(2) …And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. …
(3) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
(4) And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Now this is over the earth. This is not the original light. Now this is not the first outraying. This has to do with what is happening…it happened down here, so we got the world in shape where God could bring forth what He wanted. And this is Jn 1:3, “All things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made.” Now how long He took to do it was God’s business. That’s up to Him.
18Now to get my point here we ask. How was Jn 1:3 fulfilled? And what is all things by Him and for Him? How was it done? It’s done exactly as it says in Gen 1:3. “And God said.” That’s exactly what it was. This light didn’t have to come out of Him. This depended upon the light and life that was in Him, and speaks, He said, “Let there be light.” And Bro. Branham said, “That doesn’t need an interpretation.” The interpretation was the manifestation. So God said.
Now God expressing Himself as to what lay within Him produced or materialized what was spoken, just speaking is all it took to produce what was in God’s mind. Now follow carefully so we don’t miss the doctrine. The entire omniscience or complete knowledge of God can become conceptualized or in other words, God in His solitude by Himself, plumbing His own depths arrived at certain conclusions and by speaking He can bring every one of those concepts into existence. That’s all it took was speech.
19God who is Spirit, who is light does this. It is His way and He never changes and He can’t change and even the lesser gods which are prophets. Their word is creative because it is God’s Word in their mouth as God said, “Tell the flies to come forth. Tell the frogs to come forth.”
And He said to Bro. Branham, “You speak and the squirrels will come forth, and you put them where they are.” Now you know that kind of bugged me at times. Why should he tell us if we weren’t there to see it? But you weren’t there to see and you believe what I tell you about the time the microphone cord went around him three times and suddenly it wasn’t around him anymore. I don’t…my eyes aren’t that good but they aren’t that bad either. I’m a believer. I don’t care what anybody says. I saw it. Do what you want, shrug it off, laugh it off. No problem of mine; the problem is yours because I’m a believer. That’s right and I believe you are, too.
20Now, listen carefully, and what He does as God is more than just an action or a creation; it has a purpose beyond that. It is in the original concept of omniscience preordained to be light or the giving of understanding and meaning to men and all creatures of reasoning ability. Now you didn’t get it but you should have. In other words, to be God in worship that was what He had in mind. Now with it, multitudinous attributes, infinite depth and qualities, so therefore, everything He did was with the purpose of reasoning, thinking creatures of which the main ones are men with souls, made in His image. Angels, of course, also come in and the cherubim’s and the four creatures and so on.
So therefore, what He does as God is more than just an action or creation; it has a purpose in it beyond that. See, look, if that…if that weren’t true why is He going to restore the world? See? He made this to the end that man could have it in a perfect condition. And it’s going to be better than it ever was when He gets through doing it because where God never fails and He doesn’t really improve on Himself; He improves everything for us, just showing that He is God. See, so there’s a purpose, there’s the purpose I’m trying to show you is life light. See, you got…you got to understand. Everything, everything in the Scripture and everything around us as Bro. Branham clearly brought out has the purpose of showing us something which is relative to God. All right.
21We go to Romans to prove it the 1st chapter which we’ve read many, many times, so we read it again, the 18th verse to the 22nd.
(18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold (down) the truth in unrighteousness;
Oh, brother, you see why…there’s got to be judgment? Every time a prophet came they killed him, crucified him, did away with him, mocked him, laughed at him, did away with the truth of God; they held it down. All right. You see, because God has a purpose and that purpose, of course, as Bro. Branham brought out was the masterpiece.
(19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. (That word, of course, is ‘phaneroo’ again, which means that God unmistakably displayed, proved it was He who was doing it in order to gain favor and bring them to himself. They turned it down flat.)
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so they are without excuse:
22Now it tells you right out here there’s enough that He’s done that’s been standing here for thousands of years that people ought to know, there’s no mutations, so there goes your ridiculous idea of, you know, man springing from a monkey. No such thing as evolution, except in God’s own evolution, higher orders.
(20) …they are without excuse.
(21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; …became vain in their imaginations, (their reasonings, that’s the word ‘reasoning’, not ‘imagining’; it’s reasonings.) and their foolish heart was darkened. (See? They became idolatrous, ‘became vain’ means ‘idolatrous’.)
(22) Professing themselves to be wise, (that’s sophisticated or sophists) they became fools, (They became insipid.)
You know something? I like some of these words better than the original words, you know, the King James Version. “Here they are,” he said, “they became idolaters in their reasonings. The foolish heart was darkened.” Professing themselves to be sophists, the wise, smart people, they became insipid, sickening, sweet sick, you know, yuck. No wonder God vomits in this age, luke-warm, that is they’re insipid. Oh, they profess, “We got it all, we’re rich, we’re…we just own everything.” See? The Laodicean Church Age, and know not that you’re wretched, miserable, poor, blind and you’re waiting for a handout. So here comes God walking down the streets of this age with a handout. Ah, literally a handout. “Here it is.” Proving who He was: the great Benefactor with all His benefits, but they’re too smart.
(23) (So what they do they change) the glory of the uncorruptible God (no variableness, no shadow of changing, He’s all light, all truth) into an image made like to corruptible man, to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Now, man has come to the age where like Communism puts man at the head. Man is everything. Puts him down like a beast. Well, the church hasn’t done any different.
23Now we’ll reread Jn 1:3, 4
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
(4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
See? But what we told you about. Now we proved this out by Ephesians. I’m going a long way around but that’s my nature to take a lot of Scripture because if you get nothing but Scripture you can go home satisfied you’ve got yourself a good sermon because of lots of Scripture, whether even if I explain it right or not. [Ephesians 1:]
(3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places…
(4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, (See, there you are. The concept conceptualized to the point of materialization) that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
(5) Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
(6) To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
(7) In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
(8) Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
(9) Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: (See, purposed in himself.)
(10) That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; (In other words, the whole creation, all the galaxies, everything is going to be recreated, the whole thing done over according to the richness of his purpose and plan.)
(11) In whom we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: (See? All by Himself.)
(12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
(13) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, (Huh? There you are.) the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that (you) believed, (you) were sealed with (the) holy Spirit of promise,
24Now the rebirth comes by the Word. No Word, no rebirth. I don’t care what anybody says. The Spirit of God can move across that barn out there and nothing happen. Move in this building and nothing happen except people’s hearts get harder. It’s that Word. See? Because they’re one; they’re literally one, but that Word has to come forth with it, or see that’s where I got into Dutch with a good friend of mine. He got a hold of one of my tapes and this sweet little girl that criticized the meetings, she said, “It’s Daddy…it’s like they’re playing church.”
Now nobody is going to tell Lee Vayle he’s playing church up here preaching. I don’t care whose daughter it is. I said, “I’m going to tell you what’s wrong. Judging the Word by the spirit instead of judging the spirit by the Word that’s the only way you can tell what spirit it is: the Spirit of God or a spirit of hell.” That blew the lid off. Well, I’m sorry. I’m not trying to get back where I was I’m trying to preach in love and be just sweet and decent as I can because I loved the brother, loved the sister. Maybe at odds one time but not anymore, nothing in my heart. Well, I can tell you I’m not going to change my preaching for anybody. I’d change my manner or try to be softer, nicer, gentler and all those things because that’s all right, calm myself down.
25But he said here, he said, [Ephesians 1:]
(13) In whom ye…trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom after (you heard that Word and) believed (It, and only then and then were you dynamized or was the Word dynamized in you? “I’m not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes it.” That’s what Paul said.)
(14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Now you see every single thing, every single thing that God had in mind, no matter how He created it, what it was done, and oh, there’s just millions of things out there that God’s done. There was a purpose in His mind concerning intelligent people. In other words, people with souls that could make a decision had moral value. In other words, the decision will have a moral value. See? Looking down that road.
26All right, now with that we could read John 14: he said,
(1) Let not your heart be troubled: (you) believe in God, believe also in me. (Now this is what Paul’s talking about, in that inheritance.)
(2) In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would (tell) you. I go to prepare a place for you.
(3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, …receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
(4) And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. (and so on. See?)
27All right, now, we go to 1 Corinthians 2 like we did this morning because there’s always your key.
(9) …it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things (that) God hath prepared for them that love him. (So wait for the surprise. See? Now there’s a certain part of It revealed. We know that.)
(10) (For) God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
(11) For what man (knows) the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
(12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. (That’s grace. Grace and love, the main ingredients of God, you might say.)
(13) Which things also we speak, not in…words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
(14) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: (won’t receive the Word, see, can’t do it. It’s got to be granted. Revelation has got to be granted.) for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
(15) But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
(16) For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? (That is Isaiah 40.) But we have the mind of (God).
It tells you right there, that absolutely God is transferred from His mind what He wanted to transfer concerning man to man’s mind and He’s done it by the Holy Spirit. Now I was just thinking the other day how wonderful as Bro. Branham said, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, that’s just a work of a scribe so-to-speak, and yet infallible Word that Luke as a scribe in Luke and in Acts could put forth and that Mark could put forth and Matthew put forth and of course, John was the apostle, think then the inspiration that Bro. Branham had not being a scribe but a prophet? That should rock you plumb into infinity when it comes to faith in the Word what he preached and what he taught and where you stand, and that’s how the Holy Ghost does it. See? Light coming from that very beginning.
So we see a great point here, every beginning and we’ll see more than one, six of them in the Book of…in the Epistle of John, has to do with the child of God—that’s right—always every beginning, everything in the book has to do with the child of God has proven by Bro. Branham they are keys or principles used…for the dividing of the Word and the understanding of the Word or for accurate revelation.
28Let’s go over here to 2 Timothy 2:
(15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
In other words, it tells you right there if you misdivided the Word of God your efforts as a minister of Christ are fruitless. You’ve run in vain. You say, “How do you know?” Because Paul said so, he said, “I went up to Jerusalem to check with those men up there who literally walked and talked with Jesus to see if I had the right revelation all by myself out there in the desert from the Pillar of Fire.”
Now let’s talk about the Pillar of Fire just for one second. Bro. Branham said and on that private tape to me that got around the world, he said, “See, Lee, we haven’t had a prophet that talked face to face with God like Moses did since the time of Paul for two thousand years until now.” He had the ability to tell the vision exactly as he saw it and put the words down exactly as he heard them and then explained exactly as it was. You can’t miss it. We’re living in a great age, brother/sister.
29So just to get a glimpse of beginnings we’re going to look at number one beginning in the Book of…the Epistle of John about this great God who did all these things and does all these things, maintains all these things for us because that’s the purpose. “God so loved the world,” that’s His own order that He gave His life for it. That word ‘cosmos’ is not a bad word. There’s no word in the Bible that’s a bad word in itself. Not even Satan; he was good for awhile. He went haywire. There’s nothing impure of itself; it’s what you do with it. All things are pure to the pure in heart. See?
So, look at this beginning. To get a look at the beginning as we have said Jn 1:1 is a beginning as “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” That the Apostle John had only revealed to him, it was not seen by him but in 1 Jn 1:1 he was physically involved in that which was Jn 1:1 which became Jn 1:14, “the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.” Now he said, “I had something to do with that One, the preexistent One—See?—who changed His mask, the Jehovah of the Old is Jesus of the New.” See? All right.
30John had nothing to do with the first in the sense of ever being there. I don’t know if he even saw the Pillar of Fire outside the day of Pentecost. I have no way of knowing. The Book of Revelation doesn’t tell us; he saw it in visions. But he saw the One in a human form, like when Jesus said, “Haven’t you see me? And handled me?” He said, “I and my Father are one. If you saw me you saw the Father.” All right.
That beginning, the very beginning John was not there but when He became flesh John was there and he ate with Him, slept with Him, fished with Him, so on and so forth. All right.
31Number two; that second beginning is over here in 1 John 2: we’re going to look at. He says,
(7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
Now there you are. “I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which you had from the beginning.” There’s a beginning right there. They had something from the beginning. “The old commandment which is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.” Now here the brethren are brought into the picture. There’s a beginning with them. Whoever John had discipled were indoctrinated and here was a priority. There’s a priority here.
Now let’s read in my context. Start with the 3rd verse. [1 John 2:]
(3) And hereby we…know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
(4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (Okay, add one word, take one word.)
(5) …(whosoever) keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: (Now love is brought in, it’s brought in after Word. If you don’t have the Word there’s no perfect love in you. What if you’ve got imperfect love? What if you’ve got feigned love? What if you’ve got love with dissimilation which is hypocritical.) hereby we (know) that we are in him.
(6) He that saith he (abides) in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
(7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
32In other words, John was telling you right now that he was preaching the same Word that has always been preached from the Garden of Eden. He said, “I haven’t changed one bit of this Word.” As Bro. Branham said, correctly he said, “God does take away His commandments; they’re augmented. They’re glorified.”
He said, “At one time it was the actual act of adultery was what counted; but now you can just lust after a person.” And he said, “A woman wearing clothes that was deliberately on her frame to make her sexually attractive and somebody looks at her and lusts, now she can’t help it if she’s just a good godly woman that’s dressed properly and all, that’s just a lustful old sinner out there. But if she puts herself in such a way to be attractive in that away, the Bible said in judgment day,” Bro. Branham said and she’s…and that’s the Bible, “she’ll be judged as an adulteress and so will be the man be in adultery that committed adultery with her.” See?
The Bible says, “The lust of the eye will get you into a lot of trouble, the pride of life, the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life; they’re terrible things.
(8) Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
33What everything in the Old Testament was pointed to here in Word, type and shadow even the law, the whole thing was the plan of God to bring you right to this light and he said, “I’m preaching It,” and he said, “It’s the same Word.” Paul reasoned by the law, the law and the prophets. As Bro. Branham said in Christ the Mystery of God Revealed, he said, “You’ll see God in every verse. And if you don’t see Him in the history, read it again.” He’s in the history because it tells you how people react when God acted. It’s all through there; a very true wonderful statement.
34Now these disciples have received a true revelation of the Word of God wherein Jesus said, “If you had known Moses you would have known me.” Absolutely! Jesus said, “If you had known Moses you’d have known me.” John never brought another word; he taught the original Word by true revelation. Now we’ll leave in part on love on verses 9 to 11 later. He that saith in his heart…
(9) He that saith he is in the light, and (hates) his brother, is in darkness even until now.
(10) He that loveth his brother (abides) in…light, there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
(11) ..he that (hates) his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whiter he goeth, because (his) darkness hath blinded his eyes. (and so on. We’ll leave that one be for the time being because I want to touch it later.)
35Now, number three; is 1 John 2:
(13) I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
(14) I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God (abides) in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
All right. In these verses here, 13 and 14, it is exceedingly doubtful that these men actually knew Jesus the Lamb in the flesh, very doubtful they ever saw Jesus. I doubt it. I don’t believe they did. But maybe, one or two did, I don’t know, maybe, he’s preaching now they’re…some of them are repenting, I don’t know. But it is doubtful to me that they actually saw Jesus in…the Lamb in the flesh but they knew Him from another beginning which was Pentecost. See?
Where John says, “I want to share with you the truth that I know and when you know what I know and really know it the way I know it,” he said, “you’ll be in a group of fellows in a ship, fellowship, and in with Him.” Now people can say what they want but that’s the way the Bible is written. That’s what it says. See?
36So he tells them here, he said, “I write unto you fathers, and so on, because you’ve known Him that is from the beginning.” How did they know Him? They knew Him by revelation. As Bro. Pete read this morning, I think he was reading how that Bro. Branham was saying concerning Paul; that the disciples ate with Him, slept with Him, everything else, rather concerning Peter.
And He said, “Who do men say that I am?”
And they said, “Some Jeremiah, some Isaiah,”
He said, “Who do you say?”
“Thou art the Christ.”
He said, “I’m going to tell you something…”
That word should be Messiah. Thou art Messiah. The word ‘Christ’ is bad because it’s sticks to the Greek; it should be with the Hebrew. Christos and Messiah is one and the same; the anointed one. See?
“Thou art the anointed One. You’re Messiah.” He said, “I’m going to tell you something,” He said, “nothing about me ever indicated it.”
Now get this flat because here’s the One that was very nasty the day He whipped to pieces those moneychangers that were doing what the law literally required. (That’s okay, wrong door.) See, didn’t understand. See, they would say, “Well, that old renegade Jesus. Look at your kind old priest.” See? Bro. Branham had it nailed down exactly right. All right.
37Now let’s go to John 2: another beginning.
(24) Let that therefore abide in you, which (you’ve) heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, (you) shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
Ho, listen, that’s where the Catholic Church is off, they say, “We got a pope. We got apostles.” There’s a church called the Apostolic Church, way back on the late Dr. Drummond and some of those men, wonderful men of God, and the prophecy came forth and said, “Hey, I’ll tell you what’s wrong. You don’t have apostles. Put apostles in your church. That will do it.” Now they got a line of apostles that’s going to do it.
Hogwash! You must be born again. The original Word! See? He said, “Watch that oil and wine.” Went down to a bare little dribble and at the end time he said, “He will not quench the smoking flax and break the bruised reed. …?... He said, “Wipe it out, it’s finished.” The rest come in under the Fifth Seal. 144,000 under the blood and the Holy Ghost, come up as part of the First Resurrection. And how they do it? Don’t ask me I’m not a prophet. They’re there. They’re the eunuchs; they’re the ones that take care of the Bride. See? All right.
(24) If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you,…
38The original true Word of God as enunciated by the apostles who received illumination by the Holy Ghost along with Paul. But that’s where they went off track. And one word off track throws everything off of track. Can’t people understand that?
Even Michener understood that. Reader’s Digest, when he still got about that African situation. “Integrity in words protect integrity in life. If the word is corrupted everything that stems from it will be evil.” How did Michener know how to write that to twentieth century people? Now you just find me that that’s as clear as the Word of God is because that man was speaking the Word of God, not that Michener is a Jew, isn’t he? James Michener, I think so. He wrote several books. I never read them. I should. I shame myself but I’m lazy. Well, say, all right.
39Now evidently John’s word had begotten them by the gospel of truth which was about the beginning of the Word made flesh, the revelation of Messiah, virgin born lamb, and so on, and remember, John lived a long time and became the pastor at Ephesus. So he was preaching the truth right down the line to these men.
Now he said, “If you stay with this Word,” he said, “you’ll continue in fellowship.” But you can’t read the Church Ages, that is the chapters 2 and 3 in the Book of Revelation and find that fellowship continuously; candlestick, busted off; candlestick, busted off; candlestick, busted off. “Oh, there’s no way that God has grandchildren,” as David du Plessis said. There’s no way. David was right. It was the greatest thing he ever said as far as I’m concerned. It was a tremendous saying, even Bro. Branham liked it. All right.
40The fifth beginning; 1 John 3:
(8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil (sins) from the beginning. …
Is that a fact? What does Ezekiel say? In 28:15? “Thou wast perfect in all thy ways till iniquity was found in thee.” There’s a beginning. There’s the beginning John tells us right here. What beginning? Is that the beginning of love? Is that the beginning of creation? Is that the beginning of the Word becoming flesh? What beginning? So you better stop and put on your thinking cap when you start taking one verse because the devil…all the devil needs to do is take one verse and destroy everything. It takes one word and knocks it all out because that word was the negative. See?
41All right, number six; and this is where we want to get in the beginning about love. Then number six, is [1 John] 3:9-18
(9) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
(10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Now he’s got two things in there: doeth not righteousness and loves not his brother. One fellow has got a correct training; this man has got a correct training in the things of Almighty God. And Paul backs this up because he said, “Though he’s got all faith and he’s got all this and all that, give his body to be burned, doesn’t have love, he’s nothing.” And yet Paul said, “Love is the greatest thing of all. Love covers a multitude of sins.”
So, if you got love, everything would be under wraps. It doesn’t say that. You got something that says right along here. It says, “If he doesn’t do righteousness, it doesn’t say, love comes along and says, ‘Hey, it’s okay, fine, you did just fine.’ It says neither.” There’s two things standing here now; so love doesn’t stand alone. Love is not the absolute. See? There’s something else. [1 John 3:]
(11) For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that (you) should love one another. (Now there it is. Now he’s going…he’s got there’s got to be a beginning there.)
(12) Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous. (See? Well, let’s keep reading.)
(13) Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
(14) We know…we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. (Well, you got…he said, “We know we’re born again because we love the brethren.” He says up here though, he says, “The brethren are those who do righteousness and love.”) He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. (It also says over here, “He that keepeth his Word in him verily is the love of God perfected.” You want the perfect love of God? You bet it has something to do with the Word. It’s not your conception. It’s something, it’s God’s conception.)
(15) (Whoso hates) his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
42What about the thief on the cross? He could have been a murderer for all we know. They were thieves but they could have been murderers. You say a murderer can’t make heaven? Then John lied about David. John must have been gilding his own lily because David was a man after God’s own heart, but John blew his own horn by saying, the disciple that Jesus loved. I’m not trying to be snooty and rotten with anybody. Let’s just get this flat. Word’s Word. And you don’t pit Word against Word; it will come up in folly. Word reconciles. Every cell in my body should work with each cell but it doesn’t, one day it’s going to. But there’s a great day coming.
(16) Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. (That’s very true. Make sure it’s your brother.)
(17) But whoso hath this world’s good, and (sees) his brother have need, and (shuts) up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
But it doesn’t say you become a sponger either. How about this Word here that says if a man doesn’t work he doesn’t eat? A man that won’t take care of his family is worse than an infidel. Well, come on. You can’t pit the Word of God against the Word of God and run out here and run amok. Oh, you can if you want to. But the Word of God is one…reconcilable unit; everything is reconciled. In Him is light and there’s neither variance nor shadow of turning and no darkness at all, no Word contradicts a Word. Well, hallelujah. Sorry about that folks. I never wrote It. I’m guilty like anybody else. I’m not trying to hurt anybody. I’m just trying to lay right in the line here. [1 John 3:]
(18) My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed …in truth.
43Now he’s telling you something here. “Let us not love in word,” that’s our words, not His Word, “neither in tongue but in deed, in truth.” In other words, you are a true born again believer, a Word Bride and you will do what the Bible says, and you’ll not do what the Bible says and not do it. In other words, you’ll let the reel out, the line out, or you pull the line in. In other words, I’ll go so far but no further because this point is where God says. The Bible says when you do deals with a man at a certain time, after the second time, reject him as an infidel. Well, people say that can’t be love. Well, I’m sorry, that’s what the Bible says, so it’s got to be love.
So you see we’re dealing, we’re dealing with love on a principle which is…a lot different from what ecumenism is and what the world out there is saying. And I’ll show you, I just have to take my time that’s all. Cancel Wednesday night as far as I am concerned, you’ll get all my preaching tonight because I know what…how but by the grace of God I’ll be up here somehow. Somehow is somehow. That’s all there is to it. All right.
44Now where are we at here? I’ve got to see where I’m going here. Now at the beginning we didn’t read…we did. We read all the way down to 18. Okay, we got down to 18. Now, to begin let us isolate 1 Jn 3:11. We read what we needed to read.
(11) For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we show love one another.
See? That’s it. And we read the context. So I’ve isolated this verse for the purpose using the word ‘isolate’ because it seems that everybody in every church wants to isolate it and put it in a golden frame and say, “This is it!” This is it, see? Now I can’t buy that. All right.
Can you believe for one second that this beginning on love supersedes or could it have proceeded 1 Jn 2:7, 8? So let’s read it.
(7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which (you) had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which (you) have heard from the beginning.
Now the point is, did this Word come first or did this love come first? Well, they didn’t know the first thing about anything. They just heard the Word. They knew they needed help. God had granted repentance. They had repentance unto eternal life, so they were baptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, were baptized with the Holy Ghost, and the Holy Ghost began working within them because there’s fruit of the Spirit in there and one of them is love. And the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost. And the Bible distinctly said, “You wouldn’t get it unless you heard the Word because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.” And after you heard the gospel of truth, then you received the Holy Ghost.
45Then he said, “I saw that love among you.” So you see, we’re dealing now on a pure Scriptural basis of the first which is the first, not the second. So when he says, “In the beginning…this is the message you have heard from the beginning that we should love one another;” he’s telling them that in that message there’s a prime stream of life that’s called love. Now remember, the river flows unto the Tree of Life. So if you’re going to have a river of love, you better have a Tree of Life. Or if you’re going to have a Tree of Life you better have a river, the Spirit of God which is what you might call a liquid form of the Word, the spirit form of the Word.
46Now, if anyone can believe that this beginning in love would supersede or precede 1 Jn 2:7, 8 I say to believe so is abject folly because it would destroy grace and institute a legalistic works program in the place of a living Savior, a living baptism with the Holy Ghost. In other words, I’ve got to love first to manifest and then go into it. I’ve got to get it in order to manifest. You say, “Well, Bro. Vayle, that doesn’t…” Now just a minute, you wait and find out we’ll get too spiritual in awhile. Let’s see where we’re going. See?
Now let’s go to 1 John, I beg your pardon, Jn 3:5-8. We’re talking about love. I’m not downgrading love. You wait and we’ll get right into the heart of what we’re into. Okay.
(5) Jesus (said), Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water (or even) and…the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
(6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
(7) Marvel not I said unto (you), Ye must be born again.
(8) The (Spirit breatheth where He willeth), and (you hear) the sound (of His voice), but (you can’t) tell (where He’s coming), and (where He’s going): so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
It’s a complete mystery. Complete mystery, then love won’t bring it. The love of God gave it. And out of it is going to have to come exactly what John said will come which is one with the Word and what lies within that Word. And in this case it has to do with the conduct which is love.
47Let’s go to Romans, the 5th chapter and it says,
(5) And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Where does the love come? By the Holy Ghost. What is the Holy Ghost? He’s the Word, the life of the Word; they’re one. “The Word I speak unto you is Spirit and life.” Okay.
48Let’s hit Galatians, go to Galatians 5:
(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Where does it come from? It comes by the Holy Ghost.
491 John 4:
(7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; (love is of God; it’s not of yourself. Love is of God!) and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
(8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
(9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we through him (might live) (or live through him).
(10) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but…he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Now here’s love. You want to know what real love is? It’s self-sacrificial, even of God Himself to restore to Himself what must be restored in order for Him to display all of His attributes for us and to us. Now there’s the love. How… we got a measure of that brother/sister? And nobody’s perfect outside of the Resurrection, let’s understand that. That’s what gets everybody down. You want to go back to being Nazarene or some kind of faith holiness Pentecostal. I’m not saying we don’t strive and we don’t keep moving ahead. I’m not saying those things. I may be accused of it but I’m not saying them. I’m saying what the prophet said, “There’s no perfection this side of the Resurrection.” You say what you want; I’m saying what the prophet said. If you say there is, I want you to prove it to me. You just prove you’re a liar; the devil just spinning you around, just like that. I could say some personal things here, but I won’t say personal things. I don’t mean to hit anybody in the audience, these things about myself, but it’s…it’s not wise. I don’t mean I’m a goody-goody, I mean, it just works opposite of what you think. All right.
(13) In whom (you) also trusted, after that (you) heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: …in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (Now what’s in Him? Is there is that love that is shed abroad in your heart by the Holy Ghost. That love.)
(14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
You’ve been completely redeemed in two parts, soul and spirit, but your body is yet to be redeemed.
51Okay, Acts 2:38, 39
(38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of (the Lord) Jesus Christ…
Now that’s how you get the Holy Ghost and that’s how the love of God is shed abroad in your heart and the shedding abroad in your heart by the Holy Ghost is continuous and multiplied or It’s grieved away by either listening to the Word or not listening, obeying or not obeying. Now Paul was not at all unaware even as Jesus was not that love can be perfectly counterfeited. Now love can be counterfeited.
52So let’s go over here to Matthew 7:
(15) Beware of false prophets which come to you in sheep clothing but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Act a hundred percent, just like a Christian, be absolutely, diabolical. Now you say what you want but I’m telling you what the Bible said. And Bro. Branham I knew the day would have to come, after having talked to me privately and personally about this very subject, anointed ones of the end time: I knew the day would come when he would absolutely have to tell us what he told us in Anointed Ones at the End Time that the fruit was the true Word of God revealed and you have It. And that’s what he said. So let’s go with this…let’s go with the prophet. All right.
53Let’s go with the apostle Paul now. Let’s find out what he said. We go to here…we go to the 12th chapter of the Book of Romans, now I’ve read this before, quoted for you, the 12th chapter…
(9) Let love be without (hypocrisy) dissimulation.
If I had known that word I’d of got Bro. Branham on that one. I couldn’t do it. I got him on 1 Corinthians 13. That’s when I said it was tongues, he said it was love. So we argued. We both laid our Bibles down.
Then I came to a place where I said, “Bro. Branham, you’re right, it’s got to be love.”
Then he came straight from God and showed us that it wasn’t love. [Congregation laughs.] So, we loved each other. So we both had the Holy Spirit I do believe.
(9) Let love be without (hypocrisy). Abhor that which is evil; (notice what he said.) Abhor that which is evil; (love that is hypocritical, then he puts evil in there. That’s the Cain and Abel picture that John was painting back there.) cleave to that which is good.
(10) Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
(11) (Be) not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
(12) Rejoicing in hope; (and so on)
54Okay, now what is 1 John 3 all about then? To see it we have to read verses 6 to 24. You want to know what 1 John 3 is all about? This business of love? Let’s read it.
(6) Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither (knows) him.
(7) Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. (Now you better watch that one there. We’ll get to it.)
(8) He that (commits) sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. (bring to nothing the works of the devil.)
(9) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
(10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
(11) For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, …we should love one another.
(12) Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous.
Now you see the message you heard from the beginning was the same old original Word starting in Genesis and he brings out the illustration right here of Cain and Abel proving to them that in the beginning they heard nothing but the pure unadulterated revealed Word of Almighty God. Now he tells them about their conduct, what they’ve got, what their potential is. See? “Oh, our potential, brother/sister, we’d never live to it.” Bro. Branham said that in a certain tape. I forget, about his own church. I always forget tapes, I read, I hear or and books I read.
(13) Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
(14) (You) know…we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother (abides) in death.
(15) (Who hates) his brother is a murderer: and ye know…no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
(16) Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
(17) But whoso hath this world’s good, and (sees) his brother have need, and (shuts) up his bowels of compassion…, how (dwells) the love of God in him?
(18) …little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
(19) …hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
(20) For if our (hearts) condemn us, God is greater than our (hearts), and knoweth all things.
(21) Beloved, if our (hearts) condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
(22) And (whatever) we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
(23) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
(24) And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he (abides) in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
All right. Now, to do so we take the last verse 24, “Hereby we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.” The baptism with the Holy Ghost, that’s how He abides in you. There’s no way, there’s no way that you’re a Christian until you’re born again, and the evidence of being born again is receive the Word of the hour, the revealed Word, and you go from there. See? Now there’s your criterion. There’s your critique. There’s your whole principle laid out before you. See? We understand that. The Spirit has been given to us.
55Romans 8:Some of these we could maybe leave out.
(8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
(9) But (you) are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be…the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. (That’s blank.)
(10) And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
(11) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
It tells you right there if you’re born again you got the Spirit of God, you can die because your body sins. You got to pay for it. It’s appointed unto man once to die, then there’s a judgment. But the saint is judged right here, the judgment seat is on earth for the Bride. She’s had her judgment. She’s been pronounced the righteous, spotless Bride of the Lord Jesus Christ; Mrs. Jesus and she’s going to get raised from the dead, those of us who die.
561 Corinthians 16:17(?) “Know ye not your bodies are the temples of the Holy Ghost….” I better go to that. 1 Corinthians 6, it said, by…no, “He that is joined to the Lord, rather, he that is joined to the Lord is one Spirit, not two spirits, but one.”
(19) …know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
(20) …(you) are bought with a price: (the blood, see? and sealed in) therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
It tells you right there, prisoner unto Jesus Christ. Now from these verses we see that all those verses above verse 24, in 1 John 3, that’s about the baptism, without being born again all are Ishmaelites trying to work their way to heaven, kind old priest, Christian Science and all the rest of them. Now understand that. Now I know this is tough but Bro. Branham narrowed it down, “One word off,” I’m sorry, display all the love you want, out love Jesus Christ, out love anybody, major in it, give your body to be burned, anything you want, go ahead. I’m not taunting anybody. I’m just saying, just factual, the only way I know how to preach, just lay it on the line. With that clearly established let us look at these verses, as born again children and heed the instructions and walk carefully being fully warned. All right.
57We go back to 1 John [3:] then, and we’re in that 6th verse.
(6) Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither (know) him.
All right, this is the baptism with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of faith in the Word of the hour and a walk of faith in It, and there’s no more doing God a service apart from His will, without His will, see. He’s born again and he’s walking in the light. …
(7) Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. (This verse, as well as, verse 6 is based solidly on the Spiritually revealed Word of the hour and it’s fully explained in verse 12 which says,)
(12) Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous.
What was the evil work that inspired Cain to kill his brother? The shedding of the blood of the lamb; he offered his own sacrifice instead. He wouldn’t listen to the divined Word of Almighty God.
58And remember, Bro. Branham said, “The Bible was in the stars and the Zodiac.” That’s the first thing where the Bible was. You read that in Questions and Answers, in Genesis. It’s very beautifully done. [1 John 3:]
(8) He that (commits) sin is of the devil; …the devil (sins) from the beginning. (What was the devil doing? Leading the worship of God, the anointed cherub that covereth. What did he want? His own kingdom, more beautiful than Michael’s which was Jesus, the Logos in an angelic form, at that time an archangelic form.) For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, …(to bring to nothing) …the works of the devil.
What works? Brother/sister, don’t you know this Bible is dealing with the Bible, not the world. He doesn’t…God doesn’t care two bits about your political system. This is worship, so we’re discussing religion. We’re discussing worship. We’re not discussing Communism and all that junk out there where the Catholics have pulled the wool over the Protestants eyes to get them fighting Communism with them so they can jump in and take over. And they’re doing it and they’re going to do it. That’s a smokescreen. We’re discussing spiritual things right here and the devil was into it. He wasn’t an infamous clod up there, clawing around trying to bat God’s head off and do everything. He was the anointed cherub that covered. He walked in the stones of fire, right up there with Michael. Where did he fall? In worship. Where was Cain off? In worship. Where are they both off? Word! Where were they both off? They wouldn’t take their positions.
Bro. Branham said, “Everybody’s going to be put in his place.” And I’ll tell you frankly we’re being subject right now by that One that came down and people can say what they want, I believe the Word of God. And I’ll die, live or die, sink or swim; you got to be committed to something. You got to be committed sometime even if it’s to the cuckoo house and get committed, but for God’s sake get committed. Okay.
59Verse 8: the devil left the Word. He fell by reason of pride. He like Judas was a make-believer. That’s right. The purpose of the… What was Judas to do? To betray God. It’s right here. The purpose of the Son of God is to bring us back to the place before Satan disbelieved and rebelled against the Word. This is exactly what Eve did and we see why Bro. Branham placed her so close to Satan. He was never against women anymore than I am. No man get up and say, “Why if God could have given man a better gift than a wife He would have done so.” Well, He gave His own Son the gift of a Bride, so therefore, that’s the greatest thing that God could give a man. See? And remember, the word ‘helpmeet’ means ‘one like unto him, one of his own kind’. That’s why the Bride is of the kind of Jesus, well, she was in Him way back there in that Logos. Okay. …
(9) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
All right, the children now born again are beyond deception and that child will not fall for the devil’s lie nor be contrary to the Word in season. Remember, Satan fell because Michael’s kingdom was to be established. Satan will do all he can as he tempted Jesus to get the kingdom from us. [1 John 3:].
(10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
60Okay, let’s go to Titus [3:], it’s after Timothy if we can find it. …
(5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and (the) renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Now let’s go over here to Romans 10. Now that’s how you’re born again. See? Now these verses I’m collecting all the Scripture together so that if you want to…I don’t want to get you confused by reading Scripture that’s not pertinent. So I want to go back here and read that 10th verse. I’ll just read it for you and you keep your places here in the 3rd chapter I want to get to. [1 John 3:]
(10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. (See?)
We’re looking at that one there and it says, “Not by works of righteousness which we have done,” see, so therefore, you’ve got to distinguish between two kinds of righteousness’s.
61Now watch the righteousness of Romans 10…:
(1) Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
(2) For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
(3) For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves (to) the righteousness of God.
(4) For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Okay, shall we go back here again, that’s why I say here, [1 John 3:]
(10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God,
There’s a righteousness which is of God and there’s a righteousness which is not of God. That’s right. I…let’s just get down to the facts. See? To establish their own righteousness. “All our righteousness is as filthy rags,” the Bible says. In plain English that Bro. Branham used it means, “the devil and his own can do everything but handle the Word.” They cannot get the revelation of the hour. They even use love to destroy the person of Christ in the Logos manifested Word. Kind old priest; that renegade Jesus: look at Him go in here, and He bawls us out, kicks the moneychangers out. Now you know and understand that that is really based upon a concept where it said if it’s too far to bring your animal for sacrifice then you sell the animal and whatever it is and you bring the money and you buy the animal there. And they were making the right kind of change and so many pence here and so much here and so much there and they were doing God a service without His will. They got the whole thing messed up. He goes there and kicks them all out, beats them over the head and they said, “Well, look at that renegade Jesus.”
62And Bro. Branham said, “What kind of love does…can you put on a man who comes down the road and here’s a man,” he said, “maybe a little bit prostrate trouble and all these years and here’s poor old lady over here dying of cancer he walks right by her, doesn’t say a word. Heals this man here and that doesn’t need healing half as bad as she needs healing.”
Just like I was looking today going down the road: cop picking up a speeder: that’s fine. He’s got to pay that ticket because you can rape a woman and a little girl tonight and you will be out of jail by tomorrow morning. So much for the law. I’m not against the law; I’m just trying to tell you something. Men got their ideas but God’s got His and God’s idea is going to prevail.
63So you see when you talk about love, you better know exactly what you’re talking about. What kind of a love? Human love? Perverted love? Bro. Branham talked about that agape love. I can show you in the Bible where agape love it simply means ‘the very highest order of love that’s in your life’, and that is if you love the man that does you good because he’s done you good and you really love him instead of loving God putting your highest love on God and the things of God, we’ve got agape love but you’ve got the wrong kind. Now that’s right.
I took that a study here you know that, some of you heard the tapes here and sat…you sat here while I preached It, word after word. Took it plumb from…took it right from the Bible, word after word. See? Sure! They claim they love the God…worship God and kill the very God who was there in the form of human flesh.
64Now verse 11. [1 John 3:]
(11) For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. (What beginning? What he tells you.)
(12) Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother.
He was preaching from the Old Testament. Everything in the New was in the Old; everything in the Old is in the New. Like Paul said, he said, Paul said over here, let’s see if I can find it for you in the Book of Ephesians, just to give you a clue in what I’ve got in mind here because I don’t want you nodding your head in agreement at something that we don’t know what we’re talking about here. I think I can find it for you. All right.
65He said, [Ephesians 3:]
(3) How that by revelation he made known unto me the (mysteries); (…I wrote afore in (a) few words,
(4) Whereby, when (you) read, (you) may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
(5) Which in other (generations) was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; (Now notice the apostles right there with the prophets.)
(6) That the Gentiles should be fellow-heirs, and of the same body and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Now they knew in Abraham all nations would be blessed but they didn’t know like they knew it then. Progressive revelation. There’s a light on it. See? We got light tonight.
66Now, verse 11, that beginning was back there is the documentation where the doctrine and instruction on love begins. You see? What beginnings? The beginning of doctrine instruction of Matthew 7 and  Jn 4:1. Now Matthew 7 is false prophets. So let’s go to  John 4:1
(1) Beloved, [believe] (try) not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone…into the world.
Now he tells you right there, there’s a true prophet and a false prophet. And what makes the difference? The Word! All right then, if you’ve got the Word, the true Word and born of It by the life that’s in It you’ll say Amen to every Word of the hour, you’ll have the love that’s of that Word and you won’t have the phony love. Like, “Let’s all be brethren.” And what does it mean to those people? It means that you back down on what you believe. Well, come on now, then we get accused of being fighters and strivers while they sit back and say, “Well, see, we’re sweet and kind and nice and we don’t do those things.” Well, I’m going to tell you something, I’m not going to tell you what, I won’t tell you, you find out for yourself what happened recently, and you know the people who talk sweet, sweet, sweet were not sweet, sweet, sweet at all, nothing to do with this nation, so it has nothing to do with anybody here. I just haven’t got time to waste my life talking about people.
67Now and this beginning of truth is exactly Mt 13:24-30, false and true. Here’s the parables.
(24) Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
(25) But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
(26) (And) when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
(27) So the servants of the householder came and said… Sir, didst (you) not sow good seed in (this) field? …(when does it have) tares?
(28) He said…, An enemy hath done (it). The servants said…, (Will)…we go and gather them up?
(29) (And) he said, (No); lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up the wheat (also)…
(30) Let (them) grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather first the tares, and bind them in bundles…burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
So there you are. What grows? What did Bro. Branham have? A vision of Hebrews 6: a sower went forth to sow. A man in black came and sowed later on. The true Word of God came to the prophet. What’s going to happen next? The false teachers. Well, you do what you want. I’m telling you. And I’m supposed to be a teacher so I let the cat out of the bag. You listen to me and if I’m wrong you’re obligated to come and correct me. You are, absolutely, you’re obligated to come and tell me where I’m wrong. Before it’s over I’m going to tell you certain things I said a little bit contrary to Bro. Branham but it doesn’t to me, it makes it line up with what he said but I defer to him one hundred percent. I’m not ashamed maybe there’s three things, or four things I said that they’re just, you might slightly disagree with. Say, well the prophet said this. But you better know what the prophet said. And you better know where you got it in the Bible.
Bro. Branham said, “There are three kinds of believers.” One place he said, “Really there’s only two. See, one is a phase.” See, they’re truly unbelievers, period, one’s a make-believer, one’s an unbeliever but they’re both unbelievers. There are phases. You got to watch. But he broke it down to three and made it easier. I could get the quote for you but I don’t know where it is at this point here, see. All right. Matthew 24 to 30 we read. Okay.
68What are we talking about? All right, it is the story of the twins. There’s always twins. Two spirits, two words, two loves, and the spirit at the end time that is so close it is like a razor edge, and there’s the fellow that comes along and he’s got genuine gifts, anointed by the Holy Ghost to preach a genuine Word, to talk about the Person of the Godhead even, talk about many things but he is off of that Word. Every age brings a set of twins. Every age brings love of revelation; every age brings and has love of revelation and hatred of revelation or of the God Word who revealed Himself.
I want to go over it again. There’s twins; every, everything in this Bible has twins. Cain and Abel were twins. Jacob and Esau were twins. Isaac and Ishmael came from the same seed but you never hear as one said, you never ever hear anybody say, “The God of Ishmael.” Cain was of that wicked one. Every, everybody…there’s twins everywhere. Every…twins all down, there’s two vines. There’s two women; true church, false, right down the line. Every age brings love of revelation, and hatred of revelation. It depends which side you’re on. The two boys, Abel and Cain, are only vessels. There are spirits behind each; the spirit of truth and spirit of error.
69So let’s go to 1 John again. Now when I started this series I’ll try to tell you again what I said at the beginning, the Lord help me to remember. 3rd chapter, 1 John.
(23) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, (Which comes first? Loving or believing? You better believe your love isn’t worth a needle in a haystack, you ain’t going to find it) as he gave… commandment. (That’s His commandment: To believe on Him in love.)
(24) And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. (It doesn’t say love now, it says Word.) …hereby we know that he (abides) in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
You know today you’ve got the baptism with the Holy Ghost because you believed the vindicated prophet. I don’t care how much you danced, how much you spoke in tongues, how many miracles, how many anything you did, that’s false and you’re false and the anointing is real. The prophet said so and he was vindicated.
701 John 4:]
(1) Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone…into the world.
(2) (And) hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
(3) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now…is it (is already) in the world.
(4) Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Now what of those that didn’t believe John? They end up with the pope. Vicar of Christ means instead of Christ, instead of Messiah. I will send you another Comforter. I am the Comforter. I’m Messiah. I’ll come back in the form of the Holy Spirit. Now let’s find out if He’s the Holy Spirit. Check him on the Word. See? Check it on the Word. That’s the whole criterion.
What if Abel would have said to Cain, “Well, Cain, look it, I know that you’re trying to do a good job?” I believe according to the Septuagint, I could be wrong. It says, “Thou hast rightly offered but thou hast not rightly divided, therefore, hast thou not sinned.”
And it said, “Abel offered unto God an excellent sacrifice, more excellent sacrifice than Cain.” So Cain worshipped, he offered a sacrifice. I believe it was a first fruit offering. Bro. Branham didn’t say that. So I can take that back and say what he said. One thing he said, he said many things. One place he said, “Well,” he said, “if my father and mother stole some fruit here it is. That is they ate the fruit they shouldn’t have eaten. Here’s the fruit back.” Another place he put it to wrong type of worship. In my book, in three or four places, he said concerning that. How come the Septuagint said it? Don’t ask me. So I can take mine back and say, well, maybe it was not a first fruit offering, but I know that he worshipped. I know that he offered. And he did it wrong. And that’s the picture whether it is a first fruit offering or this kind, it doesn’t matter what it was. He was wrong, absolutely wrong. See? And it was the work of unrighteousness. Now get this flat! It was a work of unrighteousness. Everybody thinks you have to go and steal, mug, murder, rape and do everything else. That’s merely fruits of unbelief. This was the fruit of unbelief. And when he took the offering to God, the offering of worship he was a million miles away.
71Now he said, “Try the spirit.” Are you really born again? How many people are born again that would call Jesus Beelzebub? Now remember in one place Bro. Branham said those Pharisees were Christians. You say, “They couldn’t be.” Yeah, they could be because Messiah means Christ and Christ means Messiah. They were looking for Him. They were Christians. And Jesus said, “If I had not done the works no other man did they had not sinned but now they have seen and both hated me and my Father.”
And you go to Church of Christ, I don’t want to name names and be vulgar but let’s face it, they’re the ones that were rough on Bro. Branham and said, “I’ll give a thousand dollars for a genuine miracle.”
He said, “I come to collect the money.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, here’s the evidence, a genuine miracle. We’ll go right down to the judge, the doctor and prove it.”
“Oh,” they said, “we don’t have the money here. It’s in Texas somewhere.”
He said, “Go and get it.”
So they brought some of the big higher ups and the higher ups said, “Well, what we meant was you…we cut the girl’s or somebody’s hand and we’d see you heal it.”
72Now brother/sister, let’s get this flat, Jesus said, “They have both seen and hated both me and my Father,” because of the works that were manifest. Do you understand what I’m saying? Do you understand what I’m saying? I’m talking of love tonight that the world talks as though it were love and it’s not love; it’s hate! How badly can you get messed up? You can see a girl today and wonder if she’s a boy, and see a boy and wonder if it’s a girl. That’s the way the gospel is. It’s a mess.
Try the spirits. See if there’s a genuine love, a genuine this, a genuine that. See, real genuine peace. What’s a genuine peace? Well, some guys can commit murder and lie down beside it. Snore right away and go and kill somebody the next day, nothing to it. Men cheat on their wives. Women do the same thing. There’s no conscience, no bother. They got peace. Bible school teacher seducing women; I don’t know if he seduced our girlfriend or not, my wife and I don’t know. She didn’t tell us. That’s her business, not ours anyway. The music teacher in a Bible school in Seattle, he said, he had enough love for his wife and several.
I’m accused by a man…what’s the difference? People say I got no love, maybe I don’t but I’m sure warning you about it anyway. Check it out and let’s find out. I’m not here to prove any point in myself. I’m just here with the Word of Almighty God.
73Let’s keep reading. [1 John 4:]
(5) They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world (hears) them.
(6) We are of God: (and) he that knoweth God heareth us; (now there’s a criterion here) …Hereby we (know) the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. (There’s your twins. How do you know? The Word of the hour. Now in this day when there’s a razor blade edge, God sent a vindicated prophet so that we know that we know. See? Okay. Now don’t be fooled.) …
(7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and (knows) God.
Don’t you be fooled that that annuls chapter 3:22 – 24, “Whatever we ask, we receive of Him because we keep His commandments, and do those things pleasing to Him and this is His commandment that we should believe on the Name of Jesus Christ and love one another as He gave commandment” and so on. See? Now Bro. Branham said, “You do these wrong things you’ll grieve the Holy Spirit right away.” Did he say you can…that you’re not born again? Did he say that you’re lost? No way. He knows God will clean you up and take you off of this world if you smart off too much. There is a true eternal security.
How could Jesus defeat his own purpose? All that the Father gives to Me will come to Me and him that cometh will I in no wise cast out, and I’ll lose none but raise him up. How do you reconcile Scripture? These are truly born again people, and a truly born again person will have that Word of God and love that Word of God and out of that love of the Word which is God, Logos, will come this other love which will radiate and be a part of that Word. See? And it won’t stand for shilly-shally nonsense. And Bro. Branham said, “If your pastor doesn’t feed you this then go get one that does.” Find you one that does. Where does he put if you haven’t got a wife you’ll satisfy yourself like the Corinthian guy did with his father’s young wife? See? We just want to get down to bare facts on what the Word of God says. It’s not something else. All right.
74Now, and the lesson then is don’t hate. We’re capable of letting hatred come in. We’re capable of anything. All right, listen. It says, [Hebrews 12:]
(11) …no chastening for the present (seems)…joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it (yields) the peaceable fruit of (the spirit of) righteousness unto them that are exercised thereby. …
(12) Wherefore lift up the hands (that) hang down, the feeble knees;
(13) And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
(14) Follow (after) peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see (God): (Seek eternal life, real holiness)
(15) Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; (doesn’t commend himself to the grace of God and act the way that God wants him to act) lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and many be defiled; (or rather let him be healed)
Now it tells you right there that you are capable of not obeying God’s Word and responding in love, so therefore, number one is the Word of God, the life of which (though) you’re born of and number two is adhering to the Word with the attitude which is correct. And we’ve got the ability to do it. See? Now, don’t give way to hate. “Quarrel bitterly,” the prophet’s own words, “quarrel bitterly but depart in love, but don’t compromise. Die if necessary. That’s what the life of the Christian has always been about.”
75Now let’s find out. We’re going to go back to love, so we go to Hebrews 11 to read with what John said. …
(4) By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, …(he offered back to God what God gave him, free grace by which …?...) God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead…
How did he die? He got killed by his brother that hated him over religion, over God, a holy war. See? Church splits, church fights, this, that and the other thing, but you show me one place where Abel compromised on the Word. He died for it. You show me where Jesus compromised. He died for it and now the church because of the life that’s in her is the blood of Jesus, and she’ll be shed if He doesn’t get her out of here. Why? Because of her doctrine.
Bro. Branham was hardly cold in the grave when the Church Age Book hit the market, and they tell me the Joe Pineshow(?) was on in Louisville and those places, he’s dead now with cancer. I hold nothing against the man. He’s just a man that was on the air and came in about serpent seed as though a four-footed beast with hair on it had raped a woman. What a horrible thing. Have you ever seen a snake with hair on it? Who said it was a snake? It was a beautiful dark handsome man. That’s where the giants came from. She fell in love with him. When Bro. Branham talked about a woman getting wall-eyed about these serpents giving her sex impulses, what do you think that fellow did? Come on, don’t be babies anymore. Smarten up and know what the truth’s all about. I don’t want to be rough and hard but just…we say things that I believe are necessary to say at times.
76So John said, “Go back to the time, …go back to the twins.” Didn’t he say there’s a spirit of truth and of error right now in existence and how to tell them apart? And didn’t he tell you how the brethren would be over the Word, the true brother? You’d kill him but he’s not going to…give up the Word. Why did the Catholics kill sixty-eight million martyrs, sixty eight million in Smucker’s Glorious Reformation? You know David Mamalis has the book out now? I’ve had it for quite a time from Bro. Ungren. But you can get it. It’s available. Why? Because St. Augustine of Hippo said, “Paul was raging against God, so God smote him down, so therefore, it’s good for the Christian to smite down anybody, to torture, to receive Jesus Christ.” There’s your Catholics. Your Protestants are right with them.
That’s what John knew about those two spirits and where they’re going to come to the end. He wrote the Book of Revelation, didn’t he? Come on. The blood of the martyrs. Now you talk about love. That’s all they’re talking about today, love. Why you Protestants can even marry a Catholic girl before the altar? Why? Because you’ve got her baptism, “Father, Son and Holy Ghost.” Why you Protestants are ours! Come home, dear children, come home. The Catholic priest doing praying for the sick in London, stood in the platform he said, “What a switch,” he said, “You Pentecostals once prayed for us and now a Catholic priest praying for you Pentecostals. Why don’t you come home to mother?” Already were home.
77Okay, back to 1 Jn 2:3-11.
(3) …hereby we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
(4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Now that’s not legalism; that’s keeping the Word of Almighty God. That’s keeping that Word in your heart. That’s knowing the true revelation, the true Word, and putting It above your own thinking and everything else. We’re way behind what we should be, brother/sister, the Bride needs revival. I tell you I know that. I’m not trying to gild the lily, just telling you the truth.
Bro. Branham said, “Where are those old time prayer meetings?”
I say, “Where are they?” It’s time we came together to pray again and not just talk about it. I’ve said that here before and I say it again tonight but it’s time if I don’t do something, then some of you do something. It’s time. It’s more than time.
(5) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: (In other words, brought to maturity. It’s made…really it’s made manifest, brought right out there.) hereby…we (know) that we are in him.
78I want to tell you something. How do you feel about people in this message? That’s one thing that really counts. It’s not how you feel about the guy that fights it. See, a long time ago I said, “I’m preaching about love for one reason, because—and I take the Word as the basis—because if you people really loved this Word that Bro. Branham taught and I’m going to go a step further, I understand and know perfectly well though I do not accept it any ultimate sense, you also are here because of my ministry and you love the way I teach it in the sense of what I teach not perhaps how I teach it, my crude manners and all, and sometimes I’m very ignorant about the way I say things, very harsh. You notice I haven’t been so harsh, and I don’t intend to be. There’s not much use anymore. But I said, “If you really loved that Word there’s no way you won’t love each other.”
And I’m preaching the reason our brethren are here tonight is because they know and I’ve been testified to already, “Lee, if we had only known what you really were preaching as we know it today there wouldn’t have been any problems.” That’s exactly true. That’s exactly true, brother/sister. We could be wrong in what we believe but we’re trying very hard, but if you have that Word and you’re commonly based on that Word of Almighty God, as we are based by revelation which we know to be vindicated whether we got it a hundred percent or not, we are going to stick together and love each other and help each other no matter what and at the same time we’ll know the bounds where to put restraint and where to leave off restraint because there’s other words there too. But love is…love really is your own inner attitude as you work with God who is the Word in your life with yourself and with others, and you’ll find you’re sacrificing as a prisoner. There’s a love here we haven’t had before, but there’s still the greater depth. We’ll get it though; we’ll suffer. You’ll have your private squeeze; I’ll have mine. We’ll have the world’s, too. All right.
79We keep his commandments. [1 John 2:]
(4) He that saith, I know him, and (keeps) not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Man says, “I love God with all my heart,” then denies the prophet, denies the healing, denies the miracles? They hate God. Oh they say, “No, no, I don’t hate God.” The Bible, Jesus said they did. Now who are you going to believe? See?
(5) But (whosoever keeps) his word, in him verily is the love of God (matured):… hereby we (know) that we are in him.
(6) He that saith he (abides) in him ought himself also to walk, even as he walked.
What do you think Jesus did about evil? Came right out against it and made Him popular? Nonsense, it made everybody angry. They didn’t like the fact. Why did they kill Jesus? Why were they onto Paul’s back? Because of what he preached and how he preached it. He called the high priest a whited wall, so they were ready to kill him for it, just like if the police gave you a parking ticket but the rapists goes free tomorrow morning to rape somebody else.
(7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word (that you) have heard from the beginning.
80What works in the beginning on this one? Cain and Abel, twins, spirit, one hate and one love, one had the Word revealed, one didn’t. And the one that didn’t have the revealed Word was capable of hate, and the one that had the Word revealed was ignorant not knowing that he was capable of resisting in a wrong way, when his resistance should not be to hate or to hurt but to say, “My brother, let us reason together.” And show such love that the man came to Bro. Branham, said, “You’re full of the devil.” Called him a devil, and when he left the man said, “One thing I got to say, Bro. Branham, you’re sure full of the Holy Ghost.” [Congregation laughs.]
So listen, brother/sister. I’m not preaching against love, no sir, I’m just trying to do something here that let people understand my stand because it’s gone plumb around the world, and I’ve been criticized and that’s not the point of being criticized. I don’t care about that, but it’s the voice of warning because I’m going to tell you something, brother/sister, let’s get this flat, many time it’s the voice of Jacob and the hand of Esau, pretense.
(8) Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now (abides)…
Do you know that’s over? “The long, long night is past, the morning breaks at last, and hush the dreadful wail, the tempest of the blast, and it’s o’er the distant hill the dawn approaches fast, the Comforter has come.” Say what you want.
(9) He that saith he is in the light, and (hates) his brother, is in darkness even until now. (If you get angry let not the sun go down upon your wrath.)
(10) He that (loves) his brother (abides) in…light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
81Why? Because he wouldn’t do for him what he wouldn’t want done for himself. That is the con, not the pro. You can’t do for everybody what you’d like done for yourself, there’s no way. We’d all like to be millionaires on a luxury liner taking off for the skies any minute. Can’t be done, but you can always stop doing what you wouldn’t want that man do to you. See? I’d like to be rich enough to give everybody in this building, million dollars, just have a good time with it. I wouldn’t even want a million dollars myself. It’s cursed. Laodicea is a curse. It will kill you. See? Where are we up here? [1 John 2:]
(11) But he that (hates) his brother is in darkness, and (walks) in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
82Now listen my brother/sister, what is the light? Logos. What appeared here? Logos. What is this? Printed form. Let me read you something. We’re going to take …Events Made Clear by Prophecy, [65-0801E] pretty soon, but here’s what it says.
 But now when the true believer can see the Word of God of that age made flesh, God speaking through human lips (What’s the Word of God made flesh? God speaking through human lips. What if we take the same Word of the prophet and say the same thing with the same understanding? Isn’t that the same thing? In a minor way it is.) and then doing exactly what He said He would do, that settles it!
William Branham: THUS SAITH THE LORD, God in human flesh. You come and tell that to a man, he’ll say, “Ah, hogwash, that’s a lie. You’ve blasphemed. You made the man God.” I want to tell you something. Those that did make him God, it will be more tolerable in the judgment day because they saw something than those who didn’t, and it was there to be seen all the time. Feed the Christ within you on the spiritual food in due season and grow up into Him. That’s what Bro. Branham said, “Feed the Christ that is within you.”
Minister to your Bridegroom as a Bride ministers to her husband what he provides for her. What has he provided? He’s provided the Word, spiritually speaking. Never forget, your love of God and the…I got a word here I can’t even read myself, it doesn’t matter. I knew it awhile ago. It’s all right. Your love of God and the love of your revelation is the starting place or all else is a failure and your love is as all else nothing but an anointing.
83Let’s go to Ezekiel 28, just for a second. And here in the 14th verse.
(14) Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; (that’s Satan) and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
84Now let’s go to 2 Corinthians, shall we? And in 2 Corinthians we’ll go to the 11th chapter, and here’s what we’ll read that is very illuminating in verses 13 and 15.
(13) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
(14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
(15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Cain. There you are. And you tell me, you sit here tonight, anybody that hears these tapes wherever they go, try to tell me that I’m supposed to have some kind of love out there in the world, love everything, and love everybody, gloss everything over, pass everything over. You do that you’re gone, brother/sister. That’s exactly what Israel always did. Somebody came in and changed the Word of God. Not to be done.
85Love that Word above all else because that revealed faith is the only access to Christ and His kingdom and is the only proof of the Holy Spirit baptism. We do not know Him apart from revelation of the Holy Ghost and cannot tell or call him Christ or cannot call him Messiah or Lord. There’s no way. And your love of the Word does not annul 1 Corinthians 13. So let’s read it. And I’m getting down to the nitty-gritty and the nub of the whole thing. It’s half past eight now. We could have Communion because the sun’s going down but you wait awhile because we’ve waited this long then I can finished my message and it makes me very happy to know I can finish up tonight. If you’re unhappy, well, I’m sorry. You’re nice kids. Appreciate it very much. 1 Corinthians 13, all right.
(1) Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not (love), I am become as sounding brass, (and) a tinkling cymbal. (What is that? That’s love hypocritical.)
(2) And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not (love), I am nothing.
And remember Bro. Branham said, “That love was grace.” Not only were they twin sisters but he actually named them with God. God, love, grace. It doesn’t say, “God loves grace.” I said, God, love, grace: three, trinity, tri-unity, beg your pardon.
(3) And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not (love), it (profits) me nothing.
86Now just a minute, do you understand what I’m saying? No, this has been over our heads for years because we’ve been sold a bill of goods. “This is the message you heard from the beginning.” This is the big thing, love, love, love. Yes, if it is the right love, but not some denominational hogwash. See? Whom the Lord loveth He corrects and can even love a person like we heard the song tonight, put Job through it. But look what Job got back for glorifying God. But very seldom do you run across a Job, my brother, my sister. You run across little Job’s, you and me, microcosms of the real.
(1) Though I speak with the (tongue) of men and of angels, …
Well, that’s supposed to be the baptism, where God first loved us before we loved Him, gave us a love toward Him. First of all there was a seed in here that had a yearning for God, a deep calling to a deep, and when the deep answered the deep then the love came. “My Jesus I love thee, I know thou art mine, for thee all the pleasures of sin I resign, my gracious Redeemer, my Saviour art thou; if ever I loved thee, Lord Jesus ‘tis now.” You couldn’t sing that before. Now you can be brought up in a way you can sing it and not be born again because you got a Trinitarian baptism and you turned down the healing, you turn down everything the man was vindicated for. Do you understand what I’m saying?
(1) …(I’m a)…sounding brass (an empty drum) …tinkling cymbal. (like wind chimes, they sound pretty but you never get a tune out of them. In other words, there’s no notes when you put it together.)
(2) And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, (have) all knowledge; have all faith, I (can move) mountains, and have not (love), I am nothing.
87Second generation kids brought up in this message can quote it word perfect, be no born again than nothing but you can claim the token for your whole household.
(3) …I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, …
Or to get feeding, sure that well, John just said awhile ago over here, don’t say, “God bless you, my dear brother,” don’t give him something. Do something for him. Oh, John said, “That’s love.” Hold it. Another man can do the same thing; give this poor guy something and no more love than nothing. He’s got no more…he hasn’t got the understanding of a Bernard Shaw.
Old George Bernard Shaw went down the road one day with a fellow, down the streets in Dublin or somewhere, London, who knows, London likely. It could have been New York, who cares? A beggar was on the street, crippled. It was depression time, I believe, and Bernard Shaw, George Bernard Shaw pulled a dollar out of his pocket and gave the man. And the man commended him.
“Ah,” he said, “you’re a liar. I’m not generous at all.” He said, “I’m nothing but a hypocrite and gave that man that money because I was satisfied to do it because I had it and I could do it.”
Shaw was pretty raunchy but he had far more on the ball than most Christians, so-called. I wish I knew the exact quote because it’s perfect but you get the idea. “No more love than nothing,” he said, “I’m nothing.” [1 Corinthians 13:]
(3) …give my body to be burned, … (For awhile we had emulations by the dozen, almost. What good did it do? Love suffereth…now here’s love.)
(4) (Love suffers) long, and is kind; (envies) not; (vaunts) not itself, …not puffed up,
(5) …(nor) behave…unseemly, (seeks) not her own, not easily provoked, (thinks) no evil;
(6) Rejoiceth not in iniquity, (Say, ha, that’s a good thing it happened to that guy.) … rejoiceth in truth;
(7) (Bears) all things, (believes) all things, (hopes) all things, (endures) all things.
(8) …never (fails): (All the rest does.)
88What love? True love, because I can do any one of these things and still not have love. I’m going to tell you something. I believe in 1 Corinthians 13. I believe it to the point of self-condemnation. All right. Let’s get this right down to business. I’ll confess what’s in your heart. I’ll confess it for you because the priest confessed it for the people between the porch and the altar. We haven’t yet met our altar which is Jesus Christ in human form. That was the altar of God where the Holy Spirit was. We haven’t met Him yet. We’re going to meet Him in the air. We’ll confess our sins. We’re constantly condemned because we know that many times our motives are not right. We are not walking in love. We are not talking in love. We are not doing in love.
So for anyone to say Lee Vayle does not believe in love as it is written here that man doesn’t know what he is saying, that woman doesn’t know what she’s saying. I believe it along with all my heart and wait earnestly and vigorously for that day when that love comes into the church. It’s more real than anything we’ve ever seen. I believe in 1 Corinthians 13, but I believe with Bro. Branham said, “Christian Science produced more of love, put you to shame.” And a person with a certain nature and all you need is a certain nature and you’ll look exactly like a Christian and you’ll act better than a Christian because the devil won’t bug you. He’ll bug for you. Oh, he’s out there doing the dirty work; he’s got to be because Bro. Branham said, “It all falls back on Satan.”
(8) (Love) never (fails): prophecies (do), tongues (fail), they cease; knowledge (vanishes) away.
(9) …we (only) know in part, and we prophesy in part.
(10) But when that which is perfect is come, (and God is love, now this is a person, the part’s) done away.
89In other words, God speaks one more time from heaven according to Hebrews 12. There’s the prophet, the mouthpiece of God, God manifest in human flesh, the prophet is the living Word of God manifested. One more time, it’s all over.
(11) (You’re not a child anymore, your understanding—this time it’s real, this time it’s not put on, you’re not a child anymore where Paul can’t talk about Melchisedec. You can talk about Him right now and understand perfectly.)
(12) (You don’t) see through a glass, darkly (anymore);
The light’s right down here, the Pillar of Fire came down. Made…here’s the picture. Made Himself known there again. Made Himself known. He said, “This is the hour you’re going to be known and you’ll know Him as you’re known…as He knows you.” What a revelation. What a tremendous thing we have these hours. He said, [1 Corinthians 13:]
(13) …now (abides) faith, (earnest expectation and love),…
And that’s right, faith, earnest expectation and love but the greatest is love.
90Paul wrote in Romans 5 when I used to preach on faith a lot.
(1) Therefore (having) being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
(2) By whom we have (also) access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
(3) And not only so, (rejoice, or exult) …in tribulations…knowing that tribulation (works endurance);
(4) And (endurance), (works maturing and character which produces an earnest expectation):
(5) And (the earnest expectation makes us) not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost …
In other words, you know how to increase your faith? Go through this. How to increase your love? Just stand still and let God do it for you, become a prisoner. Let Him fight your battles. Let His tongue do the talking for you. That’s right, instead of ourselves. Let His mighty arm do battle. But don’t you ever deny that Word or stand back and not defend It.
91I’m going to tell you something, I hope we don’t come to it but you know Galileo said, “The world goes around the sun, not the sun goes around the world.” He said, “The world’s round.”
So the pope said, “Well, we got a different story. And our story is you say what we say or your head comes off.”
He said, “Well, your story is my story,” and under his breath he muttered, he said, “The world is still round and goes around the sun.” [Congregation laughs.]
I’m just trying to tell you something, we may…there could be a time by the grace of God I hope not, because look it, brother/sister, I don’t stand here and say, “Ah, I’m going to be faithful,” because I don’t know what I’m going to do at a certain time. Only as God helps me to do what’s right. I’m too fallible. I know we’re all too fallible. The pressure’s on too great, someone may what they call recant, but in their heart they know better. Say, “Well, I let you down; Lord, but you know my heart.” Bro. Branham said, “God respects what’s in your heart, He knows what you really intended, what you really want, what you really mean.” I forget the words exactly. So you read it, we believe it.
92Listen! The living Word will discern the roots of what we call love, and your love will then be real. “We can love our enemies,” Bro. Branham said so. He said, “You may not think so but you got it in you, you can do it.” We can bless those who use us despitefully. You know that? You can keep your mouth shut when your wife nags you. And you can keep your mouth shut when your husband doesn’t rise to your expectations. You can bless your kids, instead of thinking they’re a mockery to you.
We must not fail to turn the other cheek for the sake of peace and we can but in all abnegation of our self rights, the Word Bride will not compromise, no, she will not. She will not compromise on God’s rights which are His Word. So all the way, extra miles, even to death as it says in Rev 2:8-11, “They loved not their lives unto death.”
93And over in Acts 24.
(14) But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, (the same Bible, the same God, same Word, nothing different except a further revelation and manifestation what brought the revelation) believing (in) all things which are written in the law and the prophets:
(15) And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and (the) unjust.
(16) And herein I exercise myself, to have a conscience void (of) offence toward God, (then) toward men.
First of all lined with God, then with men. How can a man be lined with God and not be lined with men? How could a man then be unlined with God and lined with men? Oh, it can be done both ways, brother/sister, but one is right and one’s wrong. You got those twins. Watch those twins. They’re vulgar.
94Mt 16:15, the revelation, who am I? Who do men say that I am? Who do you say? Thou art the Christ. Thou art Messiah. Back away from altercations, that’s fussing with each other but stand with the Word. Acts 23.
(1) And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.
(2) And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth.
“Why,” they said, “Paul you filth. You have made that bum that died upon Calvary and said he rose again and they’re eating his flesh in certain places, cannibals. Good conscience toward God? Kill him.” Two men of the Word, come on, two men of the Word; they both went to the Old Testament. One had a tradition; one had revelation.
(3) Then said Paul, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and (command) me to be smitten contrary to the law?
(4) And they that stood by (Paul) said, Revilest thou God’s high priest?
(5) (And) Paul (said), I (did) not (know), brethren, (I apologize for) thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.
That’s what I’m talking about. There’s love. There’s real love. Paul was tough, brother/sister, tougher than whalebone; he was tempered in the fires, almost of hell, but was the fire of God, really, but it was a fiery furnace of hell here on earth that tempered him. He was purged and he was dross, and he stood there and just went right down the line.
95As Bro. Branham said, “You being a Christian doesn’t mean that people tramp all over you,” but some people think that’s all it is. No, number one, is that Word and you stick together because of the love of that Word. Number one, you start and from thereon in obedience as you grow together in grace, the love begins spreading and more and more when trouble comes you just apply the Word and your motivation is right and your love is there.
Oh yes, I believe in love. I believe in the soft love that breaks down. I believe in the slobberly love that breaks down. I believe in the slimy slippery stuff that breaks down before you and cries and slobbers and anything else and gives way and just pleads itself as nothing, I give way to all…giving you anything you’ve got under the will of God. I believe in all those things but I’m going to tell you they wouldn’t do me one thing if I didn’t believe in that There that I see today, believe a vindicated Word by a vindicated God who told us how to worship. The more I see It, the more I preach It, the more I believe that we ought to be closer and closer and closer to everything that he said and walk away from nothing. Confess that Word with our high priest because that’s what confession is in Heb 10:21-25.
96Let’s just for a minute go to John 8. I haven’t got…I’m going to try to cut off here. Get you out of here before, just before, you know, not nine o’clock. Before ten o’clock anyway, I’ll give you that guarantee, I hope. All right. Listen!
(54) Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
(55) Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and (I) keep his (Word, his sayings).
Want to be a liar? Want to be a Christ hater? Anybody can be it. They’re doing it all the time and saying, “We’re truthful. We got it. Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes.” I read the Bible, brother/sister. I’ll not apologize for one minute.
Return good for every evil, walk and live in love but remember love, true love, God’s love comes from God Himself in you and He is the Word and your revelation of Him even as love is corrective and compassionate. You got to walk in It. The false love can look and do the same as even the anointed ones have gifts but they don’t have the Word. Now the question comes. Who knows who has the absolute? Nobody, mount Zion is the showdown. That’s the Rapture.
97So walk in love. First the love of the Word. Love one another. Love everybody, especially the unlovely. Matthew 5:
(43) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
(44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them (that) despitefully use you, and persecute you;
(45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: (In other words, learners and willing to grow up because there’s no such thing as growing up until we do this. Even the best you can do is walk off. That’s what I’ve done most of my life, just walk off. I’m too old to walk down, too tired. I marvel I can stand up here and preach, but…) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he (makes the) sun to rise on the evil and on the good, …(he sends the) rain on the just and on the unjust. (And they’ll produce just as much love as you will and more, produce more fruit than you will.)
(46) For if ye love (those that) love you, what reward have (you got)? do not the publicans the same?
(47) …if (you) salute your brethren only, what do…more than others? Do not the publicans (the same)…?
I hear in this message there are people somewhere and I won’t mention the name but there’s certain people sitting here that know what I’m talking about. A man will cross the street rather than talk to a brother. They’ll get this tape. Oh yes, I want them to have this tape. They’re offended because a certain young man that we all know has been here and preached and preached in another man’s church and I said, “Praise God.” I said, “Wonderful,” they split because it was over the Word. Now they’ve got a line of clean demarcation, you believe this and I believe that, now let’s love each other. Let’s show some Christ Spirit. What’s bringing us back together again? A misunderstanding on doctrine, and there was some moral influence that wasn’t good, perhaps, all a misunderstanding.
But what brings us here tonight? Love of this Word. What’s It going to do for us? If this doesn’t do it, brother/sister, I’m finished. I can do nothing and you can do nothing because we’ve shot our wad. It’s Christ the Holy Spirit in us, liquid love, liquid Word. We’re brothers. We’re sisters. There’s none of us hasn’t got a fault. “No time the pot can call the kettle black,” as Bro. Branham said, “and vice versa.” Or the world once said, “There’s so much bad in the best of us and so much good in the worst of us, it doesn’t behoove anybody to think they’re the least of us,” or something, or call one another down, some way. Doesn’t do.
98Let’s go to 1 John, I think it is, 3. I just want to make the record clear, brother/sister, what’s in my heart, if anybody’s ever longed for what I’m talking about, I’ve longed for it. It drives me almost insane if I’m not that way already. And I’m not defending myself, just merely telling you what the Word of God says. People can do what they want, but this message is not intended to fight anybody. There’s no fight. But there’s no place to compromise.
I bend over backwards until I say, “Well, maybe He didn’t come down, He’s been here all the time,” but let’s get this understanding, Bro. Branham categorically said on the tape personally to me and I can get you the tape where he didn’t dare say to the world and other people. He said, “We haven’t had the prophet that spoke face to face with God like Moses for two thousand years from the time of Paul until now,” talking about himself. Then something different has happened. The Bible said the Lord shall descend with a Shout. And Bro. Branham said, “Jesus does all three in descending.” And he attributes to himself the fact of that message which is the Shout. Then my God, where are we going? What’s up? What’s down?
99I want to ask you a question. Is He here in a way He hasn’t been here before? Is there a need something met somewhere where it hasn’t been met before? You can’t believe, my God, there’s no way I can read what he said without understanding we’ve turned a corner. But Headship is back. This is the real Pentecost we’re into. Live or die, sink or swim. You’ve often heard me say. If this isn’t it, then forget it. Bro. Branham said, when Paul said to the apostles, “You go also?” He said, “They said, ‘Live or die, sink or swim, we believe you’ve got the only Word.’” Personally I don’t care what anybody says anymore but I can’t compromise. Even to bend back as far as I did is taking something out of me, I’m through with the devil and his stuff, brother/sister, but I’m not going to be a fighter. I’ll quit preaching first. But I got one more sermon to preach, I’ve got to correct little things I said. I could take another ten minutes and just tell you what they are and leave this pulpit and never come back again. That would satisfy me fine. Because I’ve cleared my record I believe the prophet one hundred percent.
I used to believe the…?... that said Jesus was a…chest of red hair, six foot, handsome man. There’s no way. That’s the devil’s lie. No where… He was as Bro. Branham said, “There’s no beauty in Him for anybody to desire him.” He looked fifty years old or better, somewhere in that area.
100One or two things I’ve said a little different from the prophet, but I’ll take every single thing back and say just what he said, just rely on it. You say, wonder what could it really mean, did the sun stand still? You bet the sun stood still. How did it do it? God made the sun stand still. What else He made stand still that’s God’s business. Shut-up and sit down. Somebody had the truth. He had all of it. Neither shadow nor turning in that Pillar of Fire, no variableness, no darkness, period.
The Bible said, “The light shineth in the darkness and the darkness can’t apprehend it.” They can’t do a thing with it, there’s nothing there to do with. So I want to raise my hand before God, the Bible here, not swearing anything but knowing there’s a God in heaven and this Bible open before me as Bro. Branham said, I believe that prophet right and I take back anything and everything but would be contrary or as if it were contrary and misunderstood.
You say, “You take your message…people misunderstand you concerning Presence, you take it back?” I can’t take it back. The Lord Himself shall descend with the Shout. It’s too clear, the word ‘kleusma’ is too clear. It runs through 1 Corinthians 15. Do what you want. Go to your preachers. Do what you want. If I die for it and renege on it; it will still be in my heart, I’ll be Galileo, but it’s still right. Old Lee Vayle never said he was brave. No, no way. I have never been too good of a fighter and you saw it in me, my nose hurts too much, I’ve got a wrong bridge in it. Should have got the bridge in my teeth in my nose, I’d be better off. Hold your faith in God.
101Did I read 1 Jn 3:16? Okay.
(16) Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: …we ought to lay down our lives for (our) brethren.
(17) …whoso hath this world’s good, and (sees) his brother have need, and (shuts) up the bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
What if you take advantage of that man? Always somebody come around? What did Bro. Branham say, a man has need? He said, “Tell the deacons, then say at the door they’ll shake his hand and give him something, give her something.” Oh, brother/sister, listen, we’re not fooling anymore. It’s… Daylight’s breaking. If you lay down your life you sure give somebody something. Yeah, it’s not too hard. There are those that need help continuously, some do. Bro. Branham said, “The poor you’ll have with you always.” But always somebody, but there’s always something. Not trying to condemn. Don’t misunderstand me. Not personal, not anything, just…don’t go off the Word of God and use It selfishly. Use It for the glory of God.
(18) …little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
102Notice, he says, in deed and truth. Why? Because Jesus began to do and to teach. Let the…prove ourselves Christians by our actions, and then start talking about the wonderful Message. God came on the scene vindicated Himself, vindicated Bro. Branham and Bro. Branham could teach, and what he taught was truth. See, it all lines up. It’s all in there. What was it? Love did it.
I said, Bro. Branham we talked hours, I told you one time, we talked hours on love. I crucifying myself in my mind all the time because not enough love, not enough anything, not enough…just hating myself. Haven’t got over it. I don’t have condemnation like I did have. I got a certain peace and it’s hard, I’m not going to try to explain it. You do…explaining, you have faith, you have it to yourself, you try to talk about it, you destroy yourself and others. Forget it.
But we talked for hours one time, finally at the end, he said, “Let’s close the garage door, nobody can see us and we can talk in here.”
Finally I said, “Bro. Branham, listen, what you told me for the last couple hours I’ve preached; I still don’t get it.”
He said, “Lee, let me ask you a question.” In my mind I said any question. He said, “Have you ever done anything for God you wouldn’t do except you are doing it for God?”
I said, “Bro. Branham, I have.”
He said, “Lee, that’s love.”
He said, “To pass was to do the love of God, doing the Word of God. That he could pass by the dying woman with cancer and here’s a person over here, prostrate trouble and got healed.”
103What about little Edith—I think her name was Edith, wasn’t it? Right?—Bro. Branham loved her and wanted to see her healed. Couldn’t do a thing for her.
My nephew ruined for life by a doctor, in those days though they…they just called it spastic, cerebral palsy, and said, “You’re born with it.” They’re liars. You’re not born with it. You sue any doctor your baby has spastic problems. You sue any doctor. You’ve got a right. I don’t say do it. I’m just telling you, you can do it because they’ve admitted it’s always caused by a birth injury by the doctor ruining the child with forceps or something else. Almost tore my sister apart, should have been a caesarean. Gary is about fifty years of age, has operations, don’t do any good anymore hardly. Went through the prayer line, but he didn’t get healed. No use for Bro. Branham. His mother has, but he hasn’t.
Who’s to tell God what to do and how to do it? He’s sovereign. But I’m going to tell you something, we’re not sovereign. We have a moral choice. And we can walk in love or we don’t have to walk in love. It all depends on which way we’re going; it’s up to us. So this is my thinking on love. Original Word is original seed, and seed brings forth according to its kind and it can’t change. So how can we have the love of God or a love, or love God or love our brothers or our enemies or whatever and that be the pure love apart from the attributes of Logos love that is the true original God seed and is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost? As Bro. Branham said, “The Holy Ghost in you will say Amen to every word that’s revealed.” A lot of you say Amen; I believe the Bible from cover to cover and even the covers. That’s a good old joke, you know. They don’t believe it. The prophet come along and tell them the truth, they can’t take it. See?
104Be not deceived, my brethren, 1 John 3:
(7) Little children, let no man deceive you: he that (worships God) doeth righteousness…
He that’s in the proper place of worship; I don’t mean building now. I’m talking about the age in which he lives; the Word of the hour, that fellow’s got it.
1 John 3:
(12) Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because (he perverted the Word of God and went his own way to worship)…
I’m not talking about just a little some of the moral sins we get into. I’m talking about a confrontation on revealed truth. You might have fallen into sin last night; it’s communion night. You got no problem. Confess to Almighty God, not to us. Promise God you won’t do it again. That’s a far cry from the word I’m talking about, brother/sister, you’re obeying Word, you’re not fighting Word. I’m talking about fighting Word. 1 Jn 3:11-13 we read.
(11) For this is the message…(we) heard…we love one another (that’s from the beginning)
What beginning? Where two people worship, and where love and hate came in over religion, not politics, religion. Why do the Methodists hate the Baptists? Religion, difference in Word. They’ll wear down pretty soon to love though, don’t worry, so-called. Well, I’m not going to read anymore. I got down here if you want to read yourself 1 Jn 3:11-13, Mt 7:24-29, you know that, Matthew 7, Matthew 24, also, Mt 16:17, 18 right down the line here, just showing you it all depends on revelation. Don’t fight.
105They hated Him without a cause which is literally they hated Him for the truly revealed Word that contradicted their traditions and brother/sister, let me tell you this. We can contradict their traditions with the Word and they might not hate us for that, they might hate us for what we do because we’re pretty raunchy at times. Remember, they hated Him without a cause, and Jesus said, “They’ll hate you, and they will have a cause because you’re not like Me. There’s only one that’s good and that’s God, and I’m God manifested in flesh.”
We do things and say things that are wrong, we know that but we have a High Priest. Remember, Bro. Branham said, “He doesn’t see us He only hears us through the blood and He sees our representation which is Jesus Christ.” In this world you could have tribulation, he said, but be of good cheer, I will overcome the world. How did he do it? He did it by the Word wherein lies all the grace and all the things of Almighty God.
So I’ve made myself clear tonight and I’m very grateful to God that I was able and I’m very grateful that you’re here because most of you’ve heard the tapes or you heard me preach on love and I did not bring what I brought out tonight to show you I believe in 1 Corinthians 13, but I showed you where there could be an error in that very chapter where people misunderstand it. I brought it out because I want you to know that love can be sloppy, sentimental, and be genuine real. It’s not a stern hard-faced person doing the will of Almighty God, “I love and you watch me do it.”
No, no, it’s a sincere person, stern against sin, stern against himself but ready to bend, and ready to break if there’s a necessity, not break against God and break against the Word but to break, you know what I mean, to give in, to turn the cheek, go the extra mile, whatever it is, to just do what God says. We can do, we can love our enemies, we can pray for those who despitefully use us, we can fellowship no matter what, we can do these things, brother/sister, we must do them. But we cannot go back on the revelation of the Word of God. And I’m not saying, I’m not talking Presence now, I’m talking concerning William Branham and the message he gave, I could be wrong. I don’t believe I’m wrong. I don’t believe you’re wrong or we wouldn’t be here. See?
106What that Word is what counts, is what William Branham brought, a vindicated prophet of God, we stand for It. How you believe it, and how I believe it according to our understanding, not revelation, the revelation was given, it’s our understanding. We stand for It, but we do not ostracize, criticize or say that man’s serpent seed because he doesn’t believe the Presence.
I’m going to tell you something, brother/sister, there’s many…there’s preachers believe and understood what I call the Presence of God before I did, because they found it by quotes, but I went to the Word, not desperate but wondering, saying, “God one more time, appearing and coming, I don’t understand but I’m going to go through the Greek one more time with all the words,” and suddenly I found where a man could be there and nobody knew that he was there, just like Jesus was already in Bethany and nobody knew he was already there. And he stood right there. And the world did not know William Branham and nobody knew and already that there was whirling over his head, a rainbow like a star whirling down and Bro. Branham’s voice speaking out, and the Voice…it said, completing Scripture, not the Voice of the One but the voice of another. The Lord descending with a Shout with a message. William Branham coming on the scene. You can’t go back on those things, brother/sister, there’s no way you can do it.
107It is the truth of God, and with that my brother, sister, remember how we flocked around Bro. Branham and how we overlooked everybody, we had little snide remarks, our little jokes, our little this and that, but he said, “You love each other now,” and we were, “but…the day is coming…when you won’t, you’re going to split.” We ourselves have been through that. Whether we ever get back together? That’s in the hands of God. Who preaches where, what? That’s in the hands of God. Our hands are off, brother, I want you to know I have just…I can’t do it, I haven’t got the strength. I did…let me, this late but that’s all right. We’re not worried, we got more.
Listen, we did our best to protect ourselves, to protect this pulpit. I did to protect myself because I wanted to preach the way I wanted to preach so I wouldn’t be interfered with. What happened? Taken off the scene, completely sick as a dog, nerves everything else broken down. I’m going to tell you something. Look, it’s easier to trust God or perish my brother, my sister, it’s going to get back to Him and be what’s right or forget it. We can buy a dozen duplicators, tapes go around the world. All I can do is maybe condemn more souls to hell if I’m wrong. See? You can’t look at man. You can’t look at men. You got to look at that Word.
108When we examine God in the light of God, creating this heavens and earth and then Jesus coming down here was so lazy compared to what God really was and what He would do and what we thought He would do that they said, “That can’t be the One.” William Branham came on the scene with the potential he proved what he was. He said, “Bring your twenty-four worst cases, I guarantee healing.” Nobody took him up on it. I stood…I sat there that night hoping they would do it, instead we saw maybe fourteen hundred miracles and nobody knew what was going on. I didn’t either but I knew that was the man to listen to if I ever listened to anybody. And William Branham with what he could have done was a lazy bum to what he could have done. With what Elijah had in his power, he was a lazy bum to what he could have done. But I’m going to tell you something, there aren’t no lazy bums in God’s condition…kingdom because the sovereign will of Almighty God and everything that’s moving in multifarious ways out there beautifully and William Branham was no lazy bum and Jesus was no lazy bum and God is no lazy bum and there aren’t any lazy bums. It’s man that’s a lazy bum spiritually. It’s man that’s a heathen, a lunatic inside. That’s right.
But He’ll get glory one of these days. My sadness and my thought is how much glory do we give Him? I’ll make it personal. How much glory do I give Him? I suppose nothing or next to nothing. Bro. Branham said, “The cares of this world, our businesses, little things here, a little there. … I’m not afraid of those big things tearing you away from God. It’s those little things.” But I’m going to tell you something, brother/sister, I don’t care what, that will be tearing from this Word; he said the love would go, it went. He said they’d make him a cult. They did. There’s nothing that hasn’t come to pass or isn’t coming to pass.
I’m going to tell you what, not one Word of this book is going to fail, and here’s the criterion, here’s the critique, here’s the whole thing what I’ve been preaching about on love. God give me a heart full of Your Word, every channel in my soul as He said, filled with that Word until that soul that’s fed and filled with that Word begins to work through the Spirit back through the body and while I stand here an example of a Christian and a testimony to Jesus Christ, see her with every virtue, and every fruit and exhibition and everyone real and genuine because it’s root, rooted in the Word of God which is the original seed, which is God Himself. It’s not some put-on. It’s not some Cain. It’s not something rising up. It’s something being led. It’s the exercise by Him of His own power within us as Bro. Branham said, “The gift I’ve got is to get out of the way.” God help us to get out of the way. That’s what I’m preaching on love, brother/sister. I don’t preach don’t turn the cheek and this and that because I’m a rough preacher and been hard, but I’ve cleared the record tonight and I’m satisfied. Let’s bow our heads in prayer.
Gracious heavenly Father, I kept Your people a long time. I’m sorry about that in one way, Lord, but I’m also glad that you can always prove a point that you can’t endure beyond what you think you can endure, you can go a little further if you just want to go until one day Lord, you say it’s upper ground. Father, we thank You for the power that You give us the ability, the strength, to come together, oh God, how we praise You above the strength You gave us, we thank You for the desire to come together to meet in peace, to meet in love, to meet with the wounds healed, the breeches mended, the fences fixed Lord, the deep places all level off, the high places all come down, and we can meet everyone of us as God’s children, no difference between…amongst any of us, no difference whatsoever but believing heartily, honestly, incorruptible Word, incorruptible love, through corruptible people. But, oh God, we’re not corrupted then in the right sense, we’re uncorrupted because we become, therefore, the spotless, virgin Bride of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Lord God, restore us, bring us right back and bring Lord, we pray a unity and a love and an obedience which we know is working in us already and in some, I suppose, maybe more than others, I would hope. Not that I would be more than others but I would come up to some people that I know sitting here tonight that are walking in Your light and in Your commandments in gentleness and love, and in meekness and turning the cheek, just walking in that atmosphere Lord, and we don’t believe that it’s necessarily a part of their nature, a mild nature they’re born with because it isn’t so. We know that’s not so. It’s a conviction of the Word that turn, that turn people right around and Lord God, I believe tonight You’re here in this building, I believe You’re here in our hearts, I believe You’re here, You descended with a Shout, that came by a prophet. I believe You’re here the Head of the church, in order to raise the dead. I believe that we’re going to know You in the power of the Resurrection, shortly or somebody’s going to know it. And I believe, Lord, like the prophet, “If we’re not Bride, there’s a Bride out there somewhere, and by the grace of God,” I don’t know if we’re like the prophet in that way Lord, because I don’t know, but I hope that we can be like that, “and by the grace of God we won’t stand in her way,” and we’ll be right in that and we’ll begin to walk in love now that we understand where the roots of It all are. It’s right with the Word because in the beginning God said, “Let there be,” and there was, and the same one Lord, You kept on talking and that Word has got to come into manifestation on the very grounds that of the fact that It was spoken Lord, and so here we are standing tonight Lord, with the understanding, somebody, somewhere and if we’re not somebody, somewhere has got to be that Bride that is full of that Word in love and walks and sealed in with the virtues of the fruit and Lord, not denying gifts and not denying anything but walking right on.
110Oh, merciful God in heaven, help us because…Lord, we have got…we’ve let the pendulum swing too far, in too many ways, too many times. It’s time now Lord, for the pendulum to steady down and the clock to go right on and strike the midnight hour and get us out of here Lord. Oh God in heaven, bless each one. May there not be one of us Lord, that doesn’t feel the impact of Your Spirit Lord, and be humble and sweet and kind and full of journeying Christian mercy because we’re just journeymen, journeyers here, we’re just strangers. We’re just pilgrims. Oh God, we’re wanting to get out of here but Lord, we won’t get out of here till You want us to get out of here.
So help us tonight. Heal the sick amongst us Lord. I know that sweet Spirit You got Lord to come into the church, and how about if I pray, Lord, that it would come in above healing, above anything Lord, because we know that healing and those things are going to come out of it.
Father in heaven, guide us Lord, lead us, so much of the time there’s confusion Lord, about so many things. We want to get away from the confusion Lord, in our lives so we’re asking now to settle us down. You have not given us the spirit of fear but love and of encouragement and a sound mind. You’ve given us these things Lord, and we want to walk in them and be walking, living epistles. We are. We know that, read and known of all men, so let it be epistles of God that are known and read of all men. Lord, that’s what we want for every single person here, love divine, oh, love divine amongst us. God of the universe, God of the Bride, the Head Lord, absolutely Head. We ask these mercies for the glory of God in the Name of Jesus Christ our blessed Savior. Amen.
112Communion and Foot-washing Service:]
The Lord bless you. As I said I didn’t mean to keep you long and I’m not going to worry about it. It’s time for Communion, Foot-washing. So that’s the order of the service and we’re as we say, doubling up a little bit because we have people with us that not have had opportunity and this is our privilege to give them opportunity, we’d be doing a disservice with not fellowshipping with them all the way down the line, and so the Communion and Foot-washing is actually for good friends like Bill and Dawn, and Mark and Barbara and from up there in Erie, and of course, it’s nice to have Bro. Joe here with Jenny and Samuel, and that’s really the major reasons so, but the…now that we’re all here together we…I think it has expanded by the grace of God into a most beautiful thing with all of us as friends, you know, have the Foot-washing and Communion together. It just makes it like old times and I’m not talking of couple years ago; I’m talking back in AD about 1933 when the Holy Ghost fell at Pentecost, or 34 whichever it was. So we’re praising the Lord. All right.
113We’ll just read a tiny bit here in 1 Corinthians [11:] as usual, Paul said,
(23) For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
(24) And when he had (gave)…
Now notice he was betrayed. That’s what we’re celebrating, you see, a betrayal, not just the death now, but there’s a betrayal. Remember, Christ must be betrayed, and you can’t read Bro. Branham’s sermons but know he said, “In this age the same thing, in this age the same thing,” and he’s talking about crucifixion of Christ, where they crucified to themselves the Son of God afresh. Right? Put to an open shame, he always brings it right down Alpha is Omega, never, never fails, this age, that age, this age, that age. Christ appearing to the Gentiles doing the same thing. See? So there you are, betrayal. We celebrate the betrayal. That’s what we’re doing because the betrayal brought on death. The breaking of the body, the same night he was betrayed he took bread. He said, “This is it.” There could not be a breaking without a betrayal. Eve was betrayed. The serpent lied to her. See? How was Christ crucified? Through lies. They lied about Him. See?
(24) …he…(gave) thanks, he (broke) it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, …broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
(25) After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament (the new covenant) in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. (Now he broke his body, shed his blood, the covenant in blood means that it’s everlasting, can never be changed, it’s cutting the covenant.)
(26) For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, (you)…shew the Lord’s death till he come.
114Now we’re going to meet the Lord in the air. Now people right now are stopping Communion; they say, “Well, He’s here.” I don’t teach that, no way shape and form. We’re going to drink it anew in the kingdom, so we’re going to keep drinking it until we don’t drink it anymore. And I’m going to tell you one thing flat, it’s absolutely possible that in our resurrected bodies we could all get together and have Communion. I don’t say we’re going to do it but we will over there because He said, “We’ll drink it anew.” So nobody ever leave this building and say, and think, man, please don’t think, I know you know I don’t believe it but don’t’ you start believing that you ever stop Communion. No way shape and form. Where did the prophet ever say it? See?
(26) …till he come.
They say, well He’s come; no, not the corporal hasn’t come. There’s three times He comes corporal. Three times corporal on page 306 or something like that in the Seal Book, I forget for sure. First time He came corporal He shed His blood, second time corporal we meet Him in the air, third time He comes down to earth. You say, “What about showing himself to the Jews?” Don’t ask me questions I can’t answer. Bro. Branham said, “In a symbol,” Pillar of Fire maybe, I don’t know. I don’t have the answer, but I know Bro. Branham said on that one because I had to look it up for a fellow. I said, “I think I know where to find one for you,” I read the whole…I got in the Seals so I found it for him anyway. All right.
(27) Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
(28) …let a man examine himself, and…eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
(29) …he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, (eats) and (drinks) damnation to himself (or judgment), not discerning the Lord’s body.
115Now you see, see, brother/sister, everything you can be a hypocrite. You know you…the two vines are growing together until it’s over, the wheat and the tares, the twins. You don’t…look it, you cannot ever, ever get rid of them until the tares are bound and we get out of here. And the tares are being bound but they’re not…yet dried out. See?
(29) …(drink) unworthily…
(30) For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. (They die prematurely. See?)
(31) For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
What’s to judge? By the Word. Look at the Word. Say, well, I’m wrong here, wrong here, right here, right here, and we go by the Word. You know, it’s too bad that man is the way he is. That fall really messed things up but good because, my, look at the trouble we’d save ourselves just by going by the Word. People think that they save themselves trouble by not going by the Word. That’s the most ridiculous thing in all the world. And yet I’m standing here with the most ridiculous person in all the world because I’m like everybody else and even worse. You can’t bypass the Word, brother/sister.
(32) But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, (we’re corrected, and correcting is not hurtful it is helpful, and correction is not beating someone over the head. Correct me not in thy sore displeasure. Well, that He takes you off the scene. You can’t do that.)
(33) Wherefore my brethren,…
(32) …that we should not be condemned with the world.
(33) Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
116That’s good. Remember Bro. Branham said, “Lay hands on each other but don’t pray for yourself, let the other one pray for you.” When you come tonight think of the person ahead of you and the person behind you; begin doing some of these things. We should, shouldn’t we? You think of that, think of these people.
(33) Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together…tarry one for another.
(34) And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come together (not come) unto condemnation (and judgment). …the rest will I set in order when I come.
Well, that there evidently there used to have what they called the agape feast which is the love feast; they get together and they bring like we had at noon, but you see we wouldn’t celebrate the Lord’s Supper there. We ate…I hope everybody had enough so that it carried you over. I don’t say because it’s not on the tape you can’t go home and eat tonight. There are those who say Bro. Branham did not do it. I don’t know. I never asked him. I don’t know if he did or not. I’ve heard so many things Bro. Branham supposed to have said, I get to the place now I just believe what he said on the tapes and forget it. So I don’t know, but here they did wrong. They mixed the…they began adding and doing things, making some kind of an affair out of it.
117Listen, what is…this tonight is an affair? The Lord’s Supper, is taking the emblems, whereby, you know He was betrayed, a dark night of betrayal, because he did nothing that was wrong. They killed Him; shed His blood for our sins. We eat and we drink in memory of the fact that He died for us, poured out His blood to redeem us, He sent back His Spirit to fill us, to seal us in and we do it until He comes. It’s just like Paul said, “You’re sealed in till the day of redemption.” So you do this. That’s right? We understand.
We wash feet afterward; some people want to wash feet first as a symbol. I don’t do it because the Bible, Bro. Branham did it this way and the Bible said that way. It was afterward he took a basin and girded himself. Some people want to say, “Well, I’ll wash everybody’s feet.” Don’t be silly. Bro. Branham said, “Wash anybody’s feet, two people. And the person that washes the feet, he’s being prayed for by the one that…whose feet’s washed, and then vice versa. You pray for each other and that’s all.” So we understand. All right.
118The brethren come forward please, the deacons, and ready to serve and all. It’s kind of difficult but you kind of watch the people how we do this, our little maneuvering here. We come from this side first and then they can kind of walk through that little aisle in the middle there that’s a little wider and go back to your seats and the rest just kind of give way for them. They just come…just come as you are and do the best you can because this little outfit, little place was made nice for preaching but not nice for communion, foot-washing. Ladies will go upstairs for foot-washing, and men will stay downstairs. Just very simple. Let’s bow our heads for a moment of prayer.
119 Gracious heavenly Father, we stand here tonight, in Your Presence Lord, people sitting here ready to partake Lord, of these emblems. Bless them, we pray, oh God, bless them in such a manner Lord, that the people will be spiritually edified that something Lord, will come into their souls of a spiritual revelation on the life that they are to live and will live and they will live it Lord, and they will do Your Word and Your way, and this is one way of doing Your bidding Lord, for us now to confess our sins. First of all Lord, we know that we were born in sin, come to the world speaking lies, fallen sons of God, and we know Lord, we do things that are displeasing to You, and we know that and we want to get shuck of them. We want to be rid of them Lord, and we don’t just want to plead the blood Lord, because we know that’s true and we understand that too Lord. But we want to grow in grace, grow in the knowledge Lord, of our Saviour Jesus Christ, love of God increasing, and our very life showing forth that we’re maturing into Christians, not by just what we know but how we show forth in experience in our lives what we know of the Christ that we love, who loved us first. This is what we desire tonight Lord, of You and we ask it in the holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen. Amen.
120 The Lord bless you. Just, Peter you come along, number one here. So we’ll do without music tonight. Anne, if you’d fall in line there. You could play the piano for us, if you don’t mind? Bro. Branham always, not always but many times on a tape, you’ll hear about church order, he’ll say something about Sis. Nellie or somebody playing softly on the piano, “Down at the Cross.” So let us start with “Down at the Cross” on page 89, if we don’t sing it at least you can play it for us.