Being viewed in 189 Countries
1 Shall we pray: Heavenly Father, we trust that this day our desires will be toward You, even as Your desire is toward us that we will apprehend Lord, by faith what You have extended toward us through love and that Lord, we’ll be sincere and sober as never before to put ourselves in a position of desiring to understand and to really understand, to know Thee, to know Your ways, to know that as we have never known it before Lord, because we realize we’re growing up into a position and an image of which we’ll carry right on over into the Promised Land. And we know Lord, that whatever is here is already required for over there, and what’s required for over there is already here and so something has already been met as to conditions and all that pertains to it. And we know that it is not something of ourselves, it has to be You building the house, and You’re the master of that house, and You’re going to take that house over to that place that You want it to be placed. So this we have confidence Lord, all our needs are met in You, the great needs and we’re majoring on You Lord, today and not on the minor which would be in those things that are here extant in the world and the worldly church goes after, but we go after Thee Lord. Our heart panteth after Thee, soul looks up to You Lord, as the hart pants after the water brook. So Father, we commend ourselves to You in this hour in Jesus’ Name. Amen. You may be seated.
Now we’re going to be continuing in The Projecting of Love and this is the 4th message, and hopefully we’ll be able to say the things that really will crystallize our thinking. Now to this point and not only to this point but at this point we emphasize that much teaching on the projecting of love is gross error because it does not proceed on the basis that love is not Christian love unless it is one with the Word. Now that doesn’t mean that that people are deliberate in this; it’s they don’t know the Word to begin with. And the reason they don’t know the Word is because they’ve not been trained in the utmost importance of It.
You say, “Well, there’s Bible schools, there’s seminaries.” And there’s just everything that makes that statement sound as though it were a little abstract if not wrong because if that’s what Bible schools, and seminaries, and churches and Bible studies, everything is all about. Well, I grant you that but if you don’t have a proper understanding, a proper revelation then it isn’t going to stand up. And that’s…that’s what’s wrong with love, it seems that the majority have simply taken what they deem to be love, or what is required of them to be set forth as love and then they run with it and it’s not Christian love. It’s a philia love; it’s not the agape love as you might say now.
2We can see that this is correct from a very simple basic formula of which is in three parts: one, Jn 1:1, “In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God.” All right, number one then, God is the Word. Number two, Jn 4:24, “God is a Spirit.” So, number two, God is a Spirit, He’s Word, He’s Spirit. Number three, 1 Jn 4:8 and also other Scriptures, “God is love,” so therefore, we see God as the Word, God is Spirit, God is love. God who is a Spirit is love or the God of love is Spirit and He’s Word. I don’t care how you put it.
Those three things show you that you can never deal apart from…any portion except you deal in the whole. You simply cannot do it. Now it doesn’t take a genius in the Scripture to understand how these three statements go together because they do go together. They have to go together because they’re Scriptures. There is an interrelation there and there’s got to be an understanding. So, all right.
3We’re going to take the first one which is God is Spirit. So we’re going to go to the Book of Timothy, that would be 1 Timothy, I suppose, and maybe 6th verse, let me see. Well, it’s in the Book of Timothy here, and we’ll begin at the 15th verse, so we’ll get to the 16th where we want it. 1 Tim :15 but 16 will be the verse.
(15) Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
(16) Who (alone) hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. ...
Now notice it says here that God cannot be seen and we know the reason for that is, is that God is Spirit. The Bible tells you that. “No man has seen God at any time.” That’s exactly what the Bible tells us. All right.
4Now then the next thing to understand is this, and this is what many people just simply do not come to and that is though God is Spirit and He is limitless insofar as Spirit per se, cannot be seen, it is not that He is without definition, for though God is Spirit, He does have definition and He can be known.
So let’s go back to the Book of Hosea, just to set our premise here and we’ll go to the 2nd chapter and verse 20. Oh, I might have missed that one. Oh, I got a little mistake down here. I’m sorry but it’s all right. See, if I can get one more for you, sometimes I put a wrong thing down here and then when I do I… It’s Hosea 6…will be one here that lines up, I’ll find the other later on, hopefully. Now it says,
(3) Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD:…
Now there’s the thought that we have in here, if we follow on to know the Lord: we are going to know Him, we are able to know Him that’s the pertinent thing that we have in mind to understand at this point that God is knowledgeable.
5Oh, the 20th verse is what I do want and it’s the last portion of the 2nd chapter. [Hosea]
(20) …and thou shalt know the LORD.
So there is a knowableness of God and that knowableness of God is found to begin with over here in the Book of Romans, the [1st] chapter, and the 18th verse beginning.
(18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; (Just keep that verse in mind for later on though I won’t repeat it.)
(19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest (to) them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
(20) For the invisible things of him (Now you can’t see Him, see, there’s no anybody can see Him but He is seen in a figure by creation for the invisible God is clearly known that He is there through creation. See, clearly seen; you can’t see Him but you can see Him.) …being understood by the things that are made, (now there’s something about Him you can understand in nature which is) even his eternal power and Godhead;…
6That therefore, anybody that delves in nature, even into biology and into the actual physiology and into sciences, who comes away believing that there is no God but evolution, he’s a fool. Now he’s not going to have an excuse. Someone’s going to say, “Well, I tell you what, our preacher didn’t preach it.” Oh yeah, you don’t need a preacher. That’s right. In this particular phase, see, they say, “Evolution; there’s no God.” The fight is still raging now going to the Supreme Court again, in the schools; “Well, should we not have the Bible account instead of Darwin’s? No, we can’t have the Bible account.” Let me tell you something, not only their books will burn, they will burn. You say, “Bro. Vayle, you’re not nice.” Then you cuss God, don’t cuss me. You go talk to God. It says right here.
(20) …without excuse:
No excuse! What about people not in this day then fooling around under this message? You tell people, “You watch now, you’ll get yourself in a trap.” They’re not going to watch for nothing. They’re going to say, “Bro. Vayle, why don’t you come and tell me?” I don’t babysit. Why don’t you come to me? You do come right here. You say you want me to come to you? Well, it’s all right; I can do that, too. No excuse. People always look for excuses; there’s no excuse, otherwise why would God judge.
7See, not just by creation now but let’s go to 1 Samuel 3. This is where God speaks to Samuel and here’s what the Word says about God speaking to Samuel.
(15) And Samuel lay until the morning, and opened the doors of the house of the LORD. And Samuel feared to shew Eli the vision. (Now he didn’t see a thing but he heard, so therefore, you can see with your ears. You see with your spiritual ears. Now we’re getting into the next verse 21.)
(21) And the LORD appeared again in Shiloh:
So there’s another visitation of a voice. That’s when John turned to see the voice. He couldn’t see; he heard but he saw with his ears. See? You see with your eyes, too. But you hear with your eyes, also. That’s over here in Corinthians…in Romans, see. They were hearing from God by looking, by seeing with the eyes. All right.
(21) …for the LORD revealed himself to Samuel in Shiloh by the word of the LORD.
All right. The Lord appeared and He revealed Himself by His Word, so God was known in that particular way. Okay.
(1) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; (All right, God is in the revealing business.)
Let’s go to Ephesians 1. This is for this hour and we’ve discussed this time after time after time after time; preached all kinds of sermons on it. Paul said,
(15) …after I heard of your faith…(and love; they’re already full of the Holy Ghost. They’re going on with God.)
(16) Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
(17) That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of (himself): (There you are. It tells you that God is Spirit but He can be known.)
(18) (And) the eyes of your (heart will be) enlightened; (You’ll have a spiritual revelation and you’ll) know…the hope of his calling, the riches of (his) glory (and the) inheritance in the saints, (and then you’ll know what it is to be in the rapture.)
9All right, with that we’re going to read Ecclesiastics, the 3rd chapter. Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastics, a little book in there, reading the 14th and 15th verses.
(14) I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear him.
(15) That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and (the LORD) requireth that which is past.
Now Israel never did learn that lesson. The Gentiles never learned that lesson.
10Let’s go to Luke, the 12th chapter….
(56) Ye hypocrites, (you) can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; how is it that (you) do not discern this time?
What was that time? The Appearing of God in human flesh, this was the time of the Messiah, the virgin birth, the great prophet, all of those things. Prophet like unto Moses. Now He said, “You can discern the face of the skies.” He said, “You’ve had ample time to look. You know how God does things. There’s not one of you should be fooled.” Therefore, Israel is without excuse. And that’s exactly why Titus came and destroyed them in 70 AD. That’s exactly why there’s going to be a Great Tribulation after this hour in which we live. Now he said, [Luke 12]
(56) (You) hypocrites, (you) can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; how is it that (you) do not discern this time?
Now He said, “If you can do that, you can do this.” In other words, the ability lies in man to know if man wants to know. If he wants to follow on he’ll know God. And he’ll know God as I didn’t read the rest of the Scripture said he’s like the former and the latter rain. He will start with the teaching here and it will come in a circle and bring the same thing right back. And when you see it brought right back you know the circle is finished. You can’t tell people that. They’re not going to listen. But there it is. You said it before. Why they might even build a Bible school on the fact of Alpha and Omega precept alone. And turn right around and fall flat on their faces because they won’t apply. All right.
(57) Yea, and why even yourselves judge ye not what is right? (and so on.)
11All right. There you are. You can see that God is Spirit. That’s true. God is the Word. Now when you come to Spirit, it seems as though it is undefined but the same God brought forth a Word which would perfectly define Him and showed you that the definition of His living by Creator of nature though in itself acceded to would be highly commended of God and not acceded to, would be highly disproved of God, there was something beyond that. And that was a revelation where God began to divine…define Himself by His own Word.
12Now the next thing is he says, “God is love.” Now, this is where men are mostly in error. Well, stop and think a moment. God is Spirit and He can only be known by revelation. Now let’s find out. It says here in John 1:
(18) No man (has) seen God at any time; (Why? Because He’s a Spirit, but) the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath (led him forth or brought him into plain view by describing in words this very One.)
See? Now there you are. God using a means to bring Himself into view and understanding of the people which view is in nature but inscrutable in that you cannot know essentially what God is just by creation, you got to get inside and find out. Well, God tells you how you get inside Him and finds out. He just spills Himself before us, gives us the revelation.
Now, however, that revelation is absolutely by God Himself, and does not encompass one thing that man thinks he knows about God on his own. Now here a man looks at nature and he says, “All right, I believe this is this kind of a God.” Now look it, you cannot understand the true essence and have a knowledge of God in nature except that you know that there is a God out there somewhere because by the time you begin to spout off that God is a wonderful loving God to make nature beautiful, wonderful, happy, hallelujah, something comes right around and proves He ain’t that kind of a God at all. That is by observation.
13Then you look around like David and you say, “Well, I saw the wicked out spread their…spreading like the big bay tree,” and he said, “I saw them out there and everything seemed to go their way and there wasn’t anything they didn’t turn their hands to but it looked good and was good. Oh my, they were right up there at the top of the social ladder,” and he said, “I said, ‘Well, what’s with us? I thought we were the children of God, and we’re down here in the bottom rung’.” And he said, “One day I saw their end.”
How did he see their end? You think David figured that thing out? You got to be a little bit ridiculous. God showed David. When he saw where the whole thing begin to end up; “Why,” he said, “I’m the most blessed man in the whole world, hallelujah. Why,” he said, “He takes the beggar off the dung heap, and makes him a prince.” Now David was pretty smart kid even before he got to old Saul. “Why,” he said, “thy servant is out there one day herding the sheep and along came a lion,” he said, “I just grabbed him by the hair…whack, whack, whack and fixed the bear and fixed the lion up.” “Then,” he said, “one day a bear came by and he thought he could get a sheep, and I went bang, bang, bang, got rid of him. Fap, nothing to it.”
David could have said, “Hey boy, look at me. I was a sheep herder deluxe.” Took his sling out there and bonged old Goliath, then cut his head off. Say, “Hey boy, David, the lion killer, the lion killer, a bear killer and now I’m Goliath killer, just took care of a whole army.” He said, “A beggar on a dung heap.” Why? Because he got a revelation. When you get a true revelation you see exactly what you are, exactly what God is, and then what God does exactly with what you are to get you where He wants you to be what’s exactly what He is. Or He didn’t become us that we might become Him; that’s just a fallacious statement. All right.
14Now we go to 1 Corinthians and see the truth of this that God Himself gives a revelation and it doesn’t have one thing to do with the man, as our good brother Paul said over in the Book of Galatians, this is of God. Now he said, brothers, he says…. [1 Corinthians 2:]
(9) …Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things (that) God hath prepared for them that love him.
(10) But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
(11) For what man (knows) the things of man, save the spirit of man (that) is in him? even so the things of God (knows) no man, but the Spirit of God.
Now that tells you where the mind is. The mind of man is in the spirit, and the spirit is in the mind. You could never disassociate the mind from the spirit. That’s exactly why a lot of people get brilliant thoughts from out there in the space. Say, how did the mind think that up? Hogwash! The mind didn’t get it, the spirit got it. Sure. Where do men get these equations? In other words, they’ll set forth a theory, a proposition, then watch them prove it. Where did it come from? See? Now look it, that’s just the same as a house suddenly appearing there if the thing’s right. Where did Einstein get his understanding of energy, the formula? Where do a lot of people get things? It’s in the spirit. You better know what spirit you’re dealing.
(12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
(13) Which things also we speak, not in…words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost (Himself taught us.)
15I never got it from a man; I got it from the Holy Ghost. And I learned one thing; you don’t get spiritual things from the carnal things or the things that’s here. You get spiritual from spiritual. It’s got to come direct from God. Then it’s the thought of God, the understanding of God.
(14) …the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: they are foolishness (to) him: neither can he know them, they are spiritually discerned.
In other words, the things of God come and you believe them. You don’t try to figure them. How’s He going to do it? None of your business, that’s up to God. Say, what’s He going to do? That’s none of your business, that’s up to God. You just get clued in there now.
16Anyone can see that the Word, Spirit are one. The Word and the Spirit are one. We can see that. And both revealed and one reveals the other, so there’s one revelation. Do you understand what I said? One reveals the other. One has to reveal the other. The Spirit gave it, so therefore, it’s a revelation of Spirit and it stands there but if the Spirit doesn’t reveal it you don’t know what He’s saying. And if He doesn’t say it, you haven’t got a clue to what’s going to be. I’m not trying to confuse you. I’m trying to get you somewhere.
Now relax. At this point your minds ought to be winding down. Yet you follow what I’m saying, what we’re doing? Look! Why I live in a realm of where God moves, I’m not out here in Pentecost somewhere trying to work up excitement; I’m living in the mind age which is the revealed age. The Spirit and the Word are one. Holy Spirit gives a Word. Now that Word positively reveals Him but if He doesn’t reveal that Word then that Word stands there. The minute there’s a revealed Word you have the revelation of God. You say, “There He is” You’re seeing it. See, they’re one. Revelation of one is the same as the other because one does the other. Do you follow? I hope so. This is no mind twister; this is just beautiful.
17Now then the love of God must also be revealed and when a thing is revealed it is only that which is already revealed by the Word but not truly unless it’s a revealed Word. Now you say, “What are you doing to us?” I’m doing what I’m supposed to do to you. [1 Corinthians 2:]
(12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; (in order) that we…know the things that (God has) given us (and know God also)
(13) Which things…we speak, not in…words (of) man’s wisdom… but the Holy Ghost (teaches); comparing spiritual with spiritual.
There isn’t any way anybody can tell you anything other than I’ve told you that Word which we have here, Paul brought, came from God is absolutely a revelation, and it in its turn cannot be revealed outside of the Spirit which of which we have a measure. So therefore, now you have Word which is entirely spiritual and doesn’t have one thing to do with the physical. Do you hear what I’m saying? Then where does that put love? Now where? I’ll tell you, out in the boondocks.
So you can have a wife and join a key club. Now you don’t care if your wife goes with some other man; you don’t love her right. That’s what the prophet said, “You stink! You stink!” Young men telling me all the time it doesn’t matter if they marry a girl that someone’s…been messed with. That girl in my books is playing a whore. And you’re sick. See?
18Now listen! Let’s get this flat, this is what’s wrong today, you’ve got a pseudo love out there that stinks. You got that philia love that’s a sex love because that’s one of the highest orders of the stinking thing. See? And when you’ve got that you don’t have this. See? So nobody’s going to tell me that the love of God isn’t one with the Word and a revealed love.
19Now thus first when we talk about love or anything to do with love it has to be spoken so that one can know of its existence. And that goes for anything in the Word. And then described and then fulfilled before our eyes so there’s no mistake. In other words, God teaches by precept and by example. People say, “Which is the right way to teach, precept or example?” Both!
It’s like love and marriage they go together like a horse and carriage and you shouldn’t have one without the other. Now let’s get this flat, why is the world all messed up? Bro. Branham said, “Because right in the Garden of Eden they got off on the wrong foot concerning love.” Why? Because the devil gave them misinterpretation of God’s Word, a deliberate misinterpretation. Now we’ll follow that love part all the way through.
20Now I said in here that thing has got to be, something has got to be said about it like there’s a philia love, that’s not agape love, the agape love, no way shape and form. That’s not what we’re talking about. That’s not one with the Word, there’s no way shape and form because the Word transcends the physical. Just like you see in nature out here and you know there’s a God, tell me about Him. Pin Him down, let me understand. Give me something to understand with.
If a man hasn’t got what it takes to understand in the first place but as soon as he’s baptized with the Holy Ghost the whole thing opens up. Then a man comes around here and says, “I’m full of the Holy Ghost,” and doesn’t line with the Word of God, there’s something entirely wrong. And I’m not talking about…this Nazarene hogwash, where you got, you know, you’re completely, this eradication stuff. Ha, eradicated, fap. Bring in all kinds of stupid works and then theology and that’s all you got is theology. All right, now it talks about it.
21Let’s go back to Malachi. That’s the last book in the Bible. We’re going to talk about love. We’re talking about the Word. Okay. Malachi 1…
(1) The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.
(2) I have loved you, saith the LORD. (And you) say, Wherein hast thou loved us? (Now that’s it. Now this is the last book in the Bible after hundreds of years of knowing the things of God, of knowing the ways of God. Now they’re challenging God and here’s what God says,) Was not Esau Jacob’s brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
(3) And…hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
Now they said, “Whereof hast thou loved us?” He said, “Because you’re a chosen race, I foreknew you.” He said, “How come you’ve got Me and nobody else has got Me? How come you know Me when nobody else knows Me? How come I’ve defined Myself to you and put Myself and you in a position with Me and nobody else has?” And He drew the contrast. He said, “Yes, a very half-brother.” How much love has God got for the foolish virgin alongside the true virgin? How much love has He got for the world? Hey, now he lays her out here, okay.
22Let’s go a little further. Let’s go to Ephesians, the 1st chapter…
(3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places…
(4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, (The same thing He saw in Jacob.) that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
(5) Having predestinated us…
Now there you are, there’s love. You say, “Well, now look here, that doesn’t line up humanly speaking.” That’s exactly right; it doesn’t line up humanly speaking till you get a revelation. But God’s love and He’s manifesting love. Okay.
23Rom 8:28-39 I don’t want to have to read it, but let’s go to Jn 3:16. Let’s take a look at His love.
(16) …God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, …
Now that word is ‘cosmos’, everybody seems to think that word is a bad word or world order. That isn’t true. It has a good meaning and a bad meaning. And the good meaning is that God so loved His own order. Starting when Bro. Nelson Guy showed us on Wednesday night. From the fountain of seven colors as it were, God coming forth and coming down, down, down, in order to get us back, back, back. See? Now God loved His order. Everything He made, every atom, every flea, every mosquito, every gnat. Now the cactuses hadn’t become cactus yet; it would take nature to do that, to become prickly where the leaves would fold up and become like spears. But Bro. Branham said, “They’ll unfold in the Millennium.” Only God knows what he’s talking about. He’s the closest thing to a Millennium man I saw anyway.
(16) …God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (That was His order.)
24Now let’s go back to Joel, the 2nd chapter, and see how He loved His order. Now here is He talking about the coming of the Millennium.
(21) Fear not, O land; (and) be glad and rejoice: the LORD will do great things.
Why? He’s going to destroy those that destroyed the earth. He’s going to reconstitute it. You notice that phrase being used around the world, reconstitution, reconstitute, reconstitute. That’s speaking of the Resurrection, God’s going to reconstitute, recycle, and a brand new cycle. Sure, was supposed to have that in the first place. Now it says here,
(22) Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, (animals starving around the world, people starving; what happened?) the tree (will bear) her fruit, the fig tree and the vine yield their strength.
(23) Be glad then, ye children of Zion, (you Bride, you Bride,) rejoice in the LORD…for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down the former rain, and the latter (as) in the first….
And He tells you, “Follow on to know me,” saith the Lord, “and I show myself by revelation, and it never changes.” All right. Now how is he going to have love without it? People say, “I can have this, I can have that.” You can’t have one thing outside of a revelation or you’re walking in sin. Whatsoever is not of faith is sin; faith is a revelation. And we’re not bandying words and trying to be parrots.
25Now then we are in a position to get a principle. It is this: neither God’s spirit nor God love can be known apart from the Word, period. You can’t do it. And that’s only known because you’re born again or you wouldn’t have what it takes because you only know the things of man and all you can do is take this Word out of your Bible schools, your creeds, and your dogmas, and you run with it and you’ll end up in the philia.
That’s the highest you can get, being nice to each other until it really doesn’t matter even illicit sex, as long as it’s…you know, what kind of an affair do they call it? I forget, it’s…something has to do not as serious affair but a meaningful affair. You doggone right, it’s meaningful. It means the man has a wonderful time and the woman is a bigger jackass than ever. Come on, let’s not be jackasses. Some people just want just go ahead; I don’t know what they want to go ahead. You know what I could do? I could almost take a paintbrush with a quart of gilt, just splash gold paint around that’s worth fifty cents a gallon and sell it all for a million bucks. Well, you know what I mean, it’s too stupid, it’s too stupid.
26Both God and His nature is revealed and manifested by that same Word of definition. It’s a word of definition, so God in action is Word and God in action is love. Now it’s the Spirit of God doing it. Now watch now and see how it works. And we’re going to deal first with God, the Holy Spirit and ourselves.
Let’s go back…to the Epistle of 1 John, because that’s where all the trouble comes from. People get in here and quote John, the Gospel and the 1st Epistle of John and they end up in such mishmash I just don’t understand it. All right. Watch your temperature there, Bill, I think it’s going kind of high. You sitting down don’t notice it. All right. We’re going to go to the 4th chapter right off the bat.
(1) Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: (Well, how do you try the Spirit of God? Let’s read on.) because many false prophets are gone…into the world.
27So therefore, there’s got to be a true prophet that tells you about God and there’s got to be a phony that leads you away from God. It’s just that simple. So God has a way of defining Himself though He is Spirit. He lets you in on His innermost nature of who He is, what He is and how He does; He clues you in and He makes sure you’re locked into it by giving you of His Spirit so that you cannot go astray from what He says. Now if He doesn’t reveal that portion, you’re not going to get it but when He does reveal that portion, you will get it. Okay.
(2) Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
(3) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now…is (already) …in the world. (Now let’s keep reading.)
(4) Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Now look he’s talking about some things here. He’s talking about something very pertinent, one that a true prophet will bring and one that a false prophet will bring. Now he tells you categorically that you are of God, then what is of the world? The false prophet. That’s why one Word off is the world because that’s all it takes is one Word off. Now listen! [1 John 4]
(5) They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
(6) We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; …
Now there you are. John’s telling you how it is. Let’s just hold your finger there.
28Let’s go back to Hebrews, the 2nd chapter for a second; now, beginning at verse 1.
(1) Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we…let them slip.
(2) For if the word spoken by angels (or messengers) was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward;
(3) How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
(4) God also bearing them witness, with signs and wonders, and divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
Now you had to know what His will was and when you knew exactly what the will of God was being manifested in that hour that would give you a clue and a sign as to the prophet whether he was of God or not. Then when he came on the scene you listened or you weren’t of God. Now, I’m going to tell you something, that was actually God, Jesus Christ, coming in the flesh. You say, you mean the flesh of that man? That’s exactly what I mean.
29Then let’s go to the Book of Ephesians and prove it. We’re going to go to the 4th chapter. Now after Paul is preaching here, he said,
(17) This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles…in the vanity of their mind, (In other words, you let your mind get into this thing.)
(18) Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Now it tells you right here that you’re alienated by ignorance and you can be non-alienated if you don’t have ignorance. So today you know if you’re an alien to God or you’re one with God. On what grounds? Are you minds darkened today or are they open? Look, do you understand what I’m preaching? We’re into this thing, brother/sister, where God is doing something. And you can know if you’ve the recipient. You can tell about your vessels where you are. I want to get to some few things.
Listen, I’m going to preach a pastoral message one of these days. Somebody might be a little bit miffed but that’s all right by me. It will show in a hurry where you stand. I’m not here to reveal anything or anybody but look, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty on this thing. I’ve stood at this Word for these years and years and taken abuse plumb around the world, and I take abuse day and night because I stand with this Word. Either God does it or it’s not going to be done. You show me one thing that’s going to stand when this fire came that has one thing to do with a man. You don’t pull yourself any bootstrap. All right.
30Now it says here,
(18) …because of the blindness of their heart: (That’s why the sacrifice doesn’t do them any good.)
(19) Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. (Now there’s your love in there; that’s that kibosh love.)
(20) But (you) have not so learned Christ;
(21) If so be (you) have heard him, (Christ!) and have been taught by him, (Christ!) as the truth is in Jesus:
Paul tells you right there, he said, “I am the Holy Ghost which is Jesus Christ in spirit form.” Now any man denies that the end time prophet spoken of by Peter which would give the revelation by divine intervention, you turn him down, you lost. See, now we know what we’re talking about when we talk about this Word here. All right.
31Let’s go back to 1 John 4 again.
(6) …he (that is of) God heareth us; (and) he that is not of God (will not hear) us.
Hereby know we the spirit that’s (bribing) (?) a word because they’re both going to have a word. Let’s see if that spirit is of God. Use the Word test. People come today…I remember years ago, a little girl come in here and she said, “Oh,” she said, “over there…her daddy is the preacher. Oh,” she said, “it’s like they’re playing church.” What has she heard in her own church? The guy was doing a lot of the preaching. If you think we’re playing church, I got news for you, let’s bust up the party now. We got quite a few bucks in the treasury and we have one great big blowout and call her quits. You know why? Because you don’t judge the Word by a spirit but you judge the spirit by a Word.
Like a man hauling around a woman going to a meeting… [extended blank spot on tape] I think she was divorced and he was living with his wife but he was running around with meetings.
Bro. Branham said, now he said, “Son, I just want to tell you something, that doesn’t look good.” He said, “You married and her divorced you going to the meeting together.”
Well, he said he had a dream. Now in this dream this woman was his wife, so therefore, he found that she had been—I think that’s how the dream goes, it doesn’t matter, it’s going to be pretty close—but she’d been fooling with other men but he loved her so much, or vice versa, that it was forgiven.
Bro. Branham said, “Now that sounds mighty sweet but that ain’t the Word.” Yeah.
(6) Hereby know…the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. Okay.
32Let’s go back to 1 John 1:
(1) That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which (your eyes) have seen…we have looked upon, our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (Notice, it’s called the Word of life now.)
(2) (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and manifested (to) us;)
(3) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye may (also) have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
(4) And these things (we) write that your joy may be full.
(5) This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
So don’t try to put anything there but the divinely revealed Word. You don’t guess. You don’t think. You know. And what you don’t know; you put to one side and just let it sit there until God shows you or maybe it’s not for you to be seen.
(6) If we say we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
There’s no way you can serve God. There’s no way you can worship. You’ve got to come according to light because in Him was light, and the light was the light. And in Him was light, and in Him was light because light and life are the same thing. The Word lying there without the light of Almighty God shining, It’s just, Word. The minute that Word is for this hour, the light and the life of God take that Word and you take It then you become one.
(7) (Now) if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship and the blood (cleanses)…
Now what if you don’t? There’s no blood for you. In other words, it won’t work. That’s why I said, God loved the world to take away condemnation but he said, yet there is condemnation. And what is the condemnation? Men love darkness rather than light. And what is darkness? Their own thinking in their own minds. Now there isn’t one thing that’s not up to scrutiny in this hour when we’ve got the Word. See? Okay.
341 John 2:
(3) …hereby we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
(4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, …
And that is the authoritative prescription. You’ve shut what God says aside, you’re finished. See? Because remember the keeping of the commandment doesn’t give you life. He’s talking of something else here. It’s your faith. And your faith lies in a revealed Word and that’s what you abide in. See? That’s where you don’t throw your faith away. …
(4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, (his authoritative prescription) is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Now remember, the One that said that…He was the Word, the same One said, “I am the Way, the truth and the life.” And you cannot separate, therefore, way, truth and life. You cannot separate Word. You cannot separate spirit. You cannot separate love. It’s in there. See? All right. That was 1 Jn 2:3, 4 okay.
351 John 2:
(18) Little children, it is the last time: (you) have heard antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know it is the last time.
(19) They went out from us, they were not of us; if they had been of us, they would have (stayed) continued with us: but they went out, that (it) might be made manifest…they were not all of us.
In other words, the whole bunch wasn’t of God. The only time the whole bunch was of God was the day of Pentecost, and that’s the way it’s going to be at the end time. You bet. There won’t be a mixed multitude anymore. That old Bride’s getting narrowed down, you better believe it.
(20) But (you) have an unction from the Holy One, and (you) know all things.
In other words, it’s within your grasp. Nobody knows all things, per se. Ha! Only God knows God; and He’s infinite. How’s anybody going to know? He’s not telling you that. He’s telling what’s for the hour.
(21) I have not written unto you because (you) know not the truth, (so in other words, he’s talking about what he wrote to them so they know. They’re in touch with this. They understand.) but because ye know it, and no lie is of the truth.
(22) Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
(23) Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:
(24) Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, (you) shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. (He’s telling you the criterion. You got the Holy Ghost. This is where you’ll stand. This is your faith.)
(25) And this is the promise that he hath promised us, eternal life. (If you got it, you’re born again.)
(26) These things have I written concerning them that seduce you.
He’s telling you how it is going to be done. What is seduction? Someone coming with the wrong Word. Oh, he’ll have all the love and all the talk; oh, he’ll have everything but he’s a million miles off in his stinking love, too. Let love be without dissimilation which is hypocrisy. Oh, we’ll get into that.
(27) But the anointing which (you) have received of him (abides) in you, (you don’t) need any man (to) teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth all things, and is truth, and no lie, even as it hath taught you, (you) shall abide in him.
36Now he tells you, he said, “All right, …we at the end time we are the ones that God has made as a repository of His Word.” Paul said the same thing. Now he said, “If you want to know if you’re in the truth or not, you’ll have the same revelation I’ve got.”
And you won’t say, “Well, hey, just a minute, Paul, I happen to know a few things myself.”
He said, “You blew it.”
Where does that leave all these sweet old guys at Pentecost? I used to just want to blast them but I kept myself from doing it. I don’t care anymore; I just blast because it’s around us now they claim to be.
“Come on, you see, Bro. Vayle, I had something, too.”
I said, “Sure, I got halitosis, too, like everybody else has, stinky feet and the rest of it. So go and blow about it. Go blow about your perverted revelation, of your three gods and everything…yeah, go blow about it. You’re going to see where you’re going to be before it’s over. You’re going to find out that spirit was a spirit of hell and not a spirit of God that you were listening to.”
“Well,” you say, “just a minute, I prophesied right.” That’s exactly right. Judas could do the same thing. Don’t go and tell me nonsense. I know that I know. You say, “How can you know?” Because I know that I know; it’s just right here telling me that I know that I know. That’s what get’s people in trouble; they don’t know that they know. If you know that you know it’s a different thing. There’s something in you if you’re a real child of God; you’ll may be swatted around a bit but you’ll come around it. You bet you’ll come around to it.
37Now, 1 John 3. We’re just reading some of this. See, I want to come back to the ones in between. All right.
(19) …hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
(20) For if our (hearts) condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
(21) Beloved, if our (hearts) condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
(22) …whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, (that’s the divine prescription, authoritative) and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
(23) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave commandment.
(24) And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him…hereby we know that he (abides) in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
Now simply, all toll tells you this fact, that when you have the revealed Word of God you will know actually right from wrong, you will go to the right, you will leave the wrong. Number one; in revelation you’ll leave what is wrong, stick to what is right and that will cause you because you are in the light to begin to walk in the light. There’s no way anybody can walk in any light unless he’s full of the Holy Ghost. So don’t try to take it out of context. See? All right.
38Now let’s go to the 24th verse of the same chapter. I read it to you.
(24) And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. (Now listen!) And hereby…know (we) that he (abides) in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
Now it tells you right there, Paul said, “Now look, you can’t get anything from God till you’re born again.” Now watch Peter. He said, “Hereby we know he abides in us, by the Spirit that he gave us,” that’s true. You’re born again. Now how do you know? The Word test, the same as Paul said. How can a man full of the Holy Ghost say ‘amen’ to a Trinitarian dogma and doctrine? How can a Baptist so-called full of the Holy Ghost deny divine healing? How can the Church of Jesus Christ—of course, they don’t believe the baptism anyways, that lets them out entirely. They’re all gone. At least they have enough of the devil, in that case he showed his colors. But they tell you nobody has got the Holy Ghost but the twelve apostles. I thought a hundred and twenty were filled at the day of Pentecost, and the three thousand afterward and so and so and down end the line. And they said, “We speak what the Bible speaks.” But they don’t; they’re liars. They say God doesn’t heal. They’re liars again. They’re too obvious. They ain’t worth your time. Watch the Pentecostals. All right.
39Now we talked about God who is Spirit. Right? God who is Word, especially, God who is Word. Okay, let’s go on. We’ll deal with the love of God. Okay. That’s 1 John 2….
(10) He that loveth his brother (abides) in…light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
(11) But he that (hates) his brother is in darkness, and (walks) in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because (the) darkness (blinds) his eyes.
Now you got to be talking about two different people. Otherwise, God’s…got something mixed up, I can tell you that and so is John and so is Paul. You got two different people here; otherwise you would call him brother because that’s the human name of the human race. What does God Himself say? Was not Esau, Jacob’s brother? Was he or wasn’t he? Well, these are your phony baloney Christians if you want to know the truth. The spirit of antichrist has gone out. Where is it? Right amongst us. Has it got a following? Yes, right amongst us. Always twins: two vines growing up. Okay.
40Let’s keep reading. Now we go to 15 to 17.
(15) Love not the world, neither the things in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
(16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, …the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, (it) is of the world.
Now what was it back there in the Garden? Satan appealed to her pride, to the eye gate, and he said, “Well, God’s love. You won’t die.” But she did. Now you got love here that’s phony baloney, phony baloney prophet, phony baloney word, phony baloney spirit, phony baloney love. You say what you want but I’m telling you the truth. See? Now, got to keep reading. [1 John 2]
(17) …the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God (abides) for ever.
You do the will of God, you do the will of God; how are you going to do it? You can’t do it in the first place. Don’t know it in the second place to do it. It tells you somebody’s got something real or else they ain’t got nothing. What’s the will of God? That you believe on Jesus Christ, you believe the Word of the hour, you stand in It. In other words, just…don’t get your mind on conduct at this point. See?
The prophet said, “If Eve should…had of stayed behind the Word, she never would have messed up.” The shield of faith keeps off the darts of the wicked one and you don’t need to worry about your back because God never let the devil stab anybody in the back yet. Somebody said, “I got fooled by the devil.” Yeah, I…you didn’t get fooled by the devil; you opened yourself wide open. I did, too, let’s face it, let’s not yammer around here and be a bunch of sulkies just like today.
411 John 4:
(7) Beloved, let us love one another: (Is that what I want? Yeah.) for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. (We’re getting into this love, see. Watch the love part. He knoweth… Now watch!)
(7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
Now he’s going to tell you something here. These bunch here have a peculiar kind of love that you got to be born of God and you got to know God or you ain’t got it. Now take a good look at it. He’s telling you that something is there. And that which is there is built upon and with the two other things that are there. Everybody wants to separate this.
Well, say, “I can have this and this and hopefully there’s some way I can work out this.” Hogwash! I’m sorry that’s not the way it goes. Said, if you got this, this, you got that. Or I don’t know my Bible. I’m talking in terms of the divine and I’m talking in terms of my acceptability, availability and production. Okay.
(8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. (All right.)
42It says, “He that loveth not; that hasn’t got that love doesn’t have the Holy Spirit, doesn’t have a revelation.” Then a man that does have the Holy Spirit does have a revelation, does have love. Now if you just disabuse your mind of all this philia junk out there we’ll get somewhere. But as long as you get your mind filled with that philia junk and what other people have said about it then fine you just stay right where you’re at.
Now don’t be puzzled, you just stick with me because I’m going to finish this sermon if it takes till three o’clock in the afternoon because I don’t give a rip. If you want to go, you go, that’s your business. If you don’t like what I’m saying that’s fine. You get bored that’s still fine. I’m looking at you and I watching you, I ain’t sparing anybody. And I can tell if you’re bored, sleepy, gunk head or what.
43I remember one time at the other churches a certain guy he fell asleep during the service and his kid howled all the way through the service. After the service I said, “Son, I have something to say, you got to where your kid was, your kid where you was. You should have stayed awake and your kid slept.” He hasn’t got the least conception of what’s going on now. That’s right.
This church ain’t secondhand; the Word of God’s not secondhand. I admit I don’t take half the time I should, I plead…my guilt right before you and let me tell you something, when I’m up here and an atmosphere is set, and this church has it, I’m not worried one little bit. But I’ve found God never let me down yet and He isn’t about to let me down and it always goes right to this Word here.
44Now, [1 John 4:]
(9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, (Now watch! He’s shows you how you’re going to see manifestation here.) because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
Now what if that man was not preordained to it? I want to ask you a question. Could Jesus Christ show anything but love seeing He was what He was? Can God do anything else but act in love seeing that God is what He is? Now do you know that you would have to have a revelation of love in that Word to know what in the world’s going on? Oh, the kind old priest, makes Jesus look like a two bit junkie but who crucified who?
(10) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that (God) loved us, (Now he’s going to tell you here’s love. Not that we love God, so therefore, we don’t have a thing to do with it. This is something you have got to get from Him or we ain’t got it because we weren’t in this thing in the first place and it didn’t spring from our roots so it’s got to spring from His Roots) and sent his Son to be (a) propitiation….
(11) Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
45You say, we ought to but we don’t have to. Oh, for Pete’s sake, I’m going to tell you something. I had a dog I called him “Pup”. I liked that old boy, you know, because I grew up with him, three years by age sixteen he got hit by a car and everything else. He could never learn to stop chasing cars. I know he…you know, I used to have a lot of fun with him. He would lie on the hot porch sometime during the day and he’d throw his feet in the air because he’d lean against the rail and he couldn’t go…well, he could have gone back in the direction he came but he leaned there, and leaned there, and breathe and breathe and you could tell he’d twitch and go, [Bro. Vayle makes sound.] he was dreaming. So when he’d just finally… Then he’d finally get nice and quiet and rolled on his side and I’d go get a little piece of meat, and I’d put that piece of meat just so far and watch. Not a sigh, and I put the meat a little bit closer and then twitch, twitch his nose, and I put the meat closer, then… he’d twitch. Then he’d twitch and talk about it, and I put the meat close enough he’d chomp, chomp and the meat gone. Now he couldn’t help that because he’s dog.
Now you’re born again, you can’t help things either you’re going to go that way. I don’t care what anybody says. I’m not a legalist anymore, brother/sister, I’m a grace man. And I believe that God’s in His Word and God is love and if that Spirit which is Word is in me that love has got to be there somewhere somehow but it’s got to be recognized. Now,
(12) No man hath seen God at any time. …
But I have a revelation from the Revealer Himself on the grounds that a part of the Revealer is in me. If a part of that Revealer is in me then love is in me. Spirit is in me, Word is in me.
46Now we’ll just keep moving. 1 John 5:.
(1) Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
Now it tells you right there, you’ve got a natural channel toward the brethren, providing they’re brethren. We’re talking about a special kind of love. I’ll hit that in a minute, just give me time. I gave a part of it over there in Malachi, and a part of it over there in Ephesians. We’re going to go into more of it. All right. Now, we have talked about Spirit, Word and love. So let’s going to see if we can put them together with some Scripture, Spirit, Word and love, which you see we’ve already done it in a measure.
471 John 2…
(5) (For whosoever) keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: (Now it tells you right there, no Word, no love, no completed love, no real love, if you don’t have It.) hereby (we) know we are in him. (Now it’s got to be there.)
(6) He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
How did He walk? In the light with the blood cleansing him. We say, “Brother, he walked in love.” Love, yes, you bet but He cleansed the temple. He picked one widow’s son and passed the rest by. Bro. Branham, prophet of God, he said, “He took a man by the pool, maybe prostrate trouble, maybe some little thing he could live with it, and people dying of cancer, He’d walk right by—Phttt!—like that.” Don’t tell God what to do; shut-up and find out what He does. What he did, Jesus said, “What I see my Father do I do, what I hear Him say, I say.”
48And Bro. Branham said, “He said, ‘You’re a bunch of mossbacks’,” and he said, “The One that told me to tell you that told me this person’s trouble.” What made John the Baptist call those guys a bunch of snake in the grass, a bunch of weasels, a bunch of devils, Jesus called them. Father told him to say it. You say, “I’m going to go around saying that.” Not unless He told you. A man thought he was a judgment prophet, Bro. Branham said, “If you think you judge…you better make sure you’re called to it.” You do what you want. You say, “Why do you say that?” Because I told you a long time ago, what I got in my mind. If you can’t think of that one, I’m sorry but I told you a long time ago. Now, [1 John 2]
(7) Brethren, I write no new commandment (to) you, but an old commandment which (you) had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which (you) heard from the beginning.
What Word? Back in Genesis, Revelation; it started back there, one Word off. Let’s get back to Eden. I’m giving you the old Word, you got out of Eden by going off the Word, you’re going to get back by going to the Word.
(8) …a new commandment I write…which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
49Now why is it anew? Because Alpha is Omega: latter rain is former rain. I’m telling you the same thing. I’m showing you where you got off, what took place, how you got to get back on. There’s nothing changed.
(9) He that saith he is in the light, and (hates) his brother, is in darkness even until now.
He went back to the beginning. Listen, Adam and Eve were not brothers. Cain and Abel were brothers. Just go back to the beginning. Go back to the brothers, twins. Huh? Well, come on. Every Word, brother/sister, brings forth twins, every sowing brings forth twins. And William Branham’s vision when the man went around the world in dark following the man in white, that was Hebrews 12, the latter rain prophet had false prophets. The false teachers went out, ran around, ran around, ran around.
I could be a false teacher. I got a true gift but I could be as phony as a three dollar bill. I don’t know how that works really, too much, but the prophet said it could. But you notice, I’m not running. Invitations around the world, I won’t go. You got to come beg, borrow, steal the tapes. Now you’re off my back. Responsible for nobody, except here: I’ll answer here and if I’m right and you don’t believe, you’ll answer. See? It’s just that simple but I’m trying to show you something. All right.
(10) …he that (loves) his brother (abides) in the light, …
50How are you going to be a light unless you’re born again? If you’re born again you got the light. Now it says right here, “He that loves abides in light,” so if I abide in light, I love. It works both ways.
If ‘a’ is equal to ‘b’, and ‘b’ is equal to ‘c’, then ‘a’ and ‘c’ are the same thing. That is quantity wise. Then if ‘a’ in substance is the same as ‘b’, and ‘b’ is the same as ‘c’ in substance, then ‘a’ and ‘c’ are the same substance which could be apple sauce.
So no matter which way you go, God’s a trinity, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. What does it matter? It all depends on the hour. Love, works, spirit, what does it matter? All go together. Can’t take one but leave the other, one man says, “Well, I got love, love, love, oh, great love, love.” What about the prophet in this hour? “Oh, that guy all he could do was nauseate me with his ranting and his ravings and his condemning and now look where he is, he’s condemned.” And you call him a prophet and you got the Holy Ghost, brother, what kind of Holy Ghost you got? You ain’t got the same kind I got. Maybe I ain’t got it either. But at least I’m going to be honest. [1 John 2:]
(12) I write…, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.
51His name sake? Well, you’ve been working hard to get your sins forgiven. How many candles have you lit? How many prayers have you said for me? For yourself? How many cakes have you baked and laid it on the altar? Phttt! Bunch of legalists! Not around here, I hope.
(13) I write unto you, fathers, because (you) have known him that is from the beginning.
Now listen here, brother/sister, if God’s forgiven us because of His name sake what about this hour when His name is given to the Bride, Mrs. Jesus, by a vindicated prophet? Now that’s love because that’s Spirit, that’s Word. Now you see what happens that begins to make you feel all mellow about yourself and it makes you feel all mellow about the fellow that believes one with you and stays with the Word so people don’t get led astray.
(13) I write unto you, fathers, because (you) have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because (you) have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because (you) have known the Father.
52See, the father and the sons are all the same thing now. See, the hearts were turned back. Now our hearts are turned back. We’re all one; one with the prophets that brought the Word; one with the Word the prophet brought; one with the Spirit that gave the Word; one in our love. Young men, you’re strong, the Word of God abides in you. I thought God abode in us. Now they’re one.
(13) …ye have overcome the wicked one.
Love not the world nor the things of the world, if any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him and so on. I don’t have to read to you; I want to read the rest of it.
531 John 3… I’m jumping around here on purpose.
(23) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of (the Lord) Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave commandment.
The divine prescription. What was it? That you believe on the name. How do you believe? It’s only because you got a revelation. How do you love? It’s only because you got love. You don’t trump it up. Bro. Branham said, “All these things are birthed into you.” See? It’s all there. Okay.
541 John 4:
(13) Hereby we (know) that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
Then it says, “If we know Him because we got love. We know Him because this.” It tells you, “We know Him because we’re born again and when you’re born again you have the Word, and when you have It, you have love.” Or your baptism fooled you and you got another baptism. People say, “I want that baptism of love.” You find me that Scripture. Well, that’s the rebirth, the baptism of God. See, they always want to play the thing out in the ballparks someway. They’ll always want to separate. In my books you cannot separate. Maybe in somebody else’s books you can.
(13) Hereby we (know) (no, no man has seen God…no, how about I see I want to get to the 13th verse. 14 now.)
(14) And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. (Now it tells you something that you saw the love of God.)
(15) Whosoever (confesses) that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. (Now you’ve got to confess the Word. Now you got to confess God. Now you got to confess love.)
(16) And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. (It’s exactly right. How are you going to be out of it?)
(17) Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in (the) world.
55Now here he tells us, “Herein is our love made perfect and in the Day of Judgment we have boldness. Nothing to hide, nothing to be ashamed of, it’s all there because as he is so are we in this world.” Where is he in the light and in the full obedience of faith and we had the faith of Jesus Christ which is the full obedience of faith. It’s a complete imputation.
Now remember, sonship is not imputation; you were there in the beginning or you don’t have imputation now. Everything you missed, you have representation for. [1 John 4:]
(18) There is no fear in love; (yup) …perfect love (casts) out fear: …fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
Now listen, put the whole thing together; there’s a Word for this hour: relaxation, no guilt, no fear, in His Presence. It says your love is made perfect. That’s toward Him. The end, that which is perfect is come. By the grace of God the perfectly revealed Word of God. What was the perfect revelation of God? God was in Christ; He’s back here without the body; the same yesterday, today and forever. Fully revealed them, the mercy seat right before us, Elohim unveiled, commune with the high priest, starting our kingly journey, usher in the Millennium.
56You’ve got to be a reflector of what’s given to you. How can you have that love if it’s not reflected? How can you not have it if it is reflected, if you’re a receptacle? 4:13-21
(19) We love him, because he first loved us.
You know what? I walk because I got two feet. I chew because I got teeth. I can see because I got eyes. When it comes to this, “Oh that’s different, you see, Bro. Vayle.” Oh, you got to be nuts. You’re right back where the devil wants you, right back where the devil wants you; he is not the same yesterday, today and forever, his word is a lie. It says, “We love Him, because He first loved us.”
Now the question is did He love us or did He not? Then do we love Him? “Well,” you say, “that’s an implied thing.” Well, fine, you have it your way. You wished you’d have changed your tune. Took me forty-five years to stop making God a liar; forty-five years I could have known I was the righteousness of God that what God cleans you don’t call common or unclean. You just know that it is the truth because God said so.
57But you see, I’m going to tell you what, when you become judges of that Word you’re never doers of it. In other words, it never comes into your life. Now stay awake or bring on the ice cubes. I don’t mean to preach this tough and I don’t preach tough. I don’t want to preach tough. I’ll be leaving you one of these days; I’ll get on the road or something for awhile. There’s something we’ve got to understand here.
There’s a phony baloney thing out there called love and I don’t buy it. And I’m trying to bring you to a place by the grace of Almighty God where you see something, and if I’ve got to whack you around, I’m going to whack you around, but let me tell you this. Your jobs are not this important that you can stay away from church or you can fool around and come to here half-sleepy and dopey. That’s right. I worked forty hours a week and preached six and seven times in a week, older than some of you sitting here. Now smarten up. This is your life and my life and this is where the prophet warned. Say, “What do you know about it brother?” I know a lot about it. I left my wife and kids for months. I stood tests you know nothing of. So when I talk, I talk. Now let’s understand. You say, “Bro. Vayle, that’s not love.” Not in your books it ain’t, but mine is a certain kind of love anyways because I’ll stand here and tell you I’ve got no axe to grind, I’m just telling you. Because when this service is over…like one guy said, he said, “Old Vayle hung there awful tough, what’s with this bird? What’s with this axe he’s got to grind?” He said, he went out there and the kids came and the kids laughed and talked to their buddy. And I said, “What’s with that guy anyway?” That’s what this guy right here in this pulpit, I’m not the same man out there, let’s get that flat. You do what you want. Now you watch those words every now and then. I haven’t tried to make myself somebody but I know this one thing I wasn’t called here to this last hour just for nothing. If I was that’s…I’ve missed the boat somewhere. I’m kidding myself. That’s fine, I kid myself; I’m an idiot. Let’s see. Okay. Where are we now? 21? We’ve got to the 21st verse. [1 John 4:]
(21) And this (is the) commandment we (have) from him, That he who loveth God (loves) his brother also.
This is the divine prescription. This is the antidote. This is the thing that God wrote out. All right. What is that? That is the medicine. We’ve already got it which is eternal life. Okay?
581 John 5:
(1) Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: (that’s fine.) every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
And it tells you what it is. In plain English, you’ve got a specialized kind of love, period, that is different from philia love that goes in a certain direction. Here’s the guy that loves nothing but beef. You say, “What’s that?” “That’s a salad.” Can’t take it. But you ought to have salad. I can look at you, Rusty, so don’t sit there grinning. I wasn’t even thinking of you. We’re always in a measure because I know you’re one of them. But I think you’re like your dad a lot and worst luck I’ve gotten about the same way.
59But I’m going to tell you something, there’s a people that instinctively go to this Word and their whole association is with this Word and their whole association is with people of this Word so that though you don’t like it, mother, father, sister, brother, aunts, uncles, blood relations are not as dear to you as those that are joined by the blood and the life of Jesus Christ. I know only too well of what I am speaking of and if you don’t know what I’m speaking of you are in for a treat, just get born again. And you’re going to find that though you love them philia, the fellowship isn’t there. What do you do? Say, “Well, I’ll sell my…I’ll sell the Lord down the river.” Oh no, you can’t do it. You’re very sweet because you got the philia love, but it’s a different thing entirely.
60And he that does not leave father, mother, sister, brother and notice it doesn’t talk about leaving your wife. You got to watch that very carefully. Adam left his father and mother for a non Word. Jesus fulfilled a non Word, penalty, took us right back. And he that doesn’t pull out from his church, his creeds and his dogmas…and remember, Bro. Branham said, “That was my mother though it wasn’t my mother. And that was my father though it wasn’t my father.” He said, “I was born in denominations and creeds and religions and dogmas, churches and organizations.” And he fought for what was his mother but it didn’t do any good, so he had to pull out and call out a Bride. I want to ask you a question. Why was his heart the way it was always in that one place? Because that’s where God put him.
(2) …By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his (divine prescription)….
61What’s His divine prescription? Light! Word! Because prescription is ‘pre-scribo’ to write beforehand: it’s already written. The old commandment, the new commandment, it’s the same thing, it’s in the beginning, it’s the end, we left, we’re going back and we love it.
(3) For this is the love of God, that we keep his (divine prescription, His authoritative prescription): and his (authoritative prescription is) not grievous.
What is it? The Word, it’s the light, and you walk in it. All right.
62Look again for a second. I John 3, we’re going to look again 1 John 3:
(23) And this is his (authoritative prescription), That we believe on the name of (the) Son (of) Jesus Christ, (all right) and (we) love one another, as he gave us commandment.
It’s the one and same commandment. It tells you if you’re born again and you love Him that begat; you’ll love him that is begotten of Him that begat. How could you love the Father and hate the Son? How can you know the Father and not know the Son? How can you know the Son and not know the Father? How can you have the life of God and not the life of the Son? Tell me, I want an answer to these things. I want to know how a man can be born again and not have the fruit of the Spirit. I want to know how a man can be born again and not have the revealed Word. See, brother/sister, we’re in a different place, position entirely where we used to be; entirely different position. Okay.
(24) And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. (I thought you had to be born again. Why you mean to tell me I’ve got to go through a process and then I get it? I thought you had to be born to get somewhere in this world. How are you going to teach a fetus? You can’t do it, it’s got to be born.) hereby we know he (abides) in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
It tells you love, spirit, Word; all one thing. You’ve got one, you’ll have the other. Okay.
631 John 4:
(15) Whosoever shall confess Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, (Now you got to talk; now you got to confess. What are you going to confess? What the Word says, what’s happened to you.) and he in (Him). (Okay.)
(16) And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
That already tells you I’m dwelling in Him in love if I’m dwelling in the Word and the Word’s in me. But people, if you mind is so cooped with the philia love that Bro. Branham tried to get us away from, he tried to tell us, the priest’s love was philia love. Nice, kind man, sweet kind man but when it came to Jesus he hated Him and he hated God but he said, “I love God. Oh,” he said, “I counsel the men, I counsel the wives, I circumcise the babies, I dedicate them to God, I do the sprinkling for them, I do all of these things, I love them, I help them get out of jail. Oh, yes,” he said, “I just love, I love them, I loved them, I love God, I love God.” And God said, “Shut-up! You’re a liar.” Say, come on; don’t come on me at all.
64God said he’s so cooped up with philia love that they’ll kill you thinking they’re doing God a favor. Now let’s get this philia love stuff, brother, let’s get this flat. The Bride is coming together and the phonies are coming together, too. Now pardon the expression but I’m just going to let up there. I might change that a little bit to let you know that it’s not all phony. But just put it this way that…we’ll put it this way this is that which is off is coming together, too. There’s going to be a separation of that also.
There’s going to be a separation, completely of the three divisions, which are going to be virgin, foolish virgin, and those that are completely out. The separation is going on now. The prophet distinctly said, “The chaff would pull away from the wheat when the wheat said, ‘I and my Father are one’,” and we are saying today, “Well, I and my Father are one in a certain degree but you see, not in love.” And you’re all mixed up with what you’re manufacturing what God already has for you because it’s in God. Okay.
651 John, we got 5, 4:15, 16. Well, we got further than that, didn’t we? We got 1 John 5, all right, now we got 1 John 5:
(19) And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
Who are of God? He that heareth us. Now just a minute, he said, “You’re of God because you hear me. You’re of God because you’re full of the Holy Ghost. You’re of God because you walk in the light, you got the Word. You’re of God because you got love.” But you say, “Well, I’ll tell you what, the man could have all those three but not the fourth.” If there’s four pieces in there I’d like have my four…little things there. Is that a fact? You miss one you ain’t got none. One Word off, you’re off the kingdom. One part of God missing, there’s no part of God. You just got an anointing.
Now hold it, anointing does not agree with the Word. Now that’s one place where you make your Word test, so if you say, “Well, I’m a hundred percent with that Word that I know but my love ain’t quite right.” That’s not too bad but you’re still messed up because now you’re imputing something to God that is in you that isn’t there after all. Now if you say, “Look, I know how to get out of the way,” now we’re talking business. That’s a different story. That’s a secret of Bro. Branham; I learned to get out of the way. Okay, we’re going to keep moving here now.
66So it is there and it never changes.
(20) And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and (that) we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. (And) this is the true God, and eternal life.
Now notice, he doesn’t put love in there. I didn’t take it out. Now neither did he but he didn’t put it in. See, you better be careful where you’re putting your emphasis, honey, because the world says, “Love, love, love, love, love, hallelujah, Jesus, love you, hallelujah, Jesus, love you, love, love, love.”
And I said, “There was a prophet named William Branham. There was a prophet named William Branham who came and he was the Elijah of this hour and he turned the hearts of the children back to the fathers That was the Lord Jesus Christ descending to this earth in the form of the Holy Spirit in the Son of man ministry to prove who It was with this Word which is the Shout, and if you’ve missed It you’ve missed It all.”
And they say, “Who do you think you are?”
And I talked to people right today about the Presence and I say, “Just tell me one thing, because you and I don’t seem to agree; do you believe that you can be in the rapture without the Shout?”
And they say, “No.”
And I say, “That’s what I’m preaching, He is here because the Lord descended. And the Resurrection is not over and we haven’t been taken up. And that Spirit that’s here takes us up to incarnate…?... That’s what I’m preaching.”
And they still turn and say they believe a message. If I’m right, where is the love of God in them? You answer your own question. You do what you want. I’m up for shots, potshots all day and all night, you get your own potshots. I hope I got your Amen’s recorded on tape, you deserve it. It takes the pressure off me. All right.
67It is there what we preach and it never changes. Spirit, Word, love is all one. And the Word is the key to it all. It is a wrong spirit that has a wrong word. It is a false or hypocritical love that is not one with the Word. It is a false word that is not divinely revealed. Now then, John laid it out. That’s the way it is. Spirit and Word and love are all one. All right. If one chooses to disagree with this, let’s get another witness. We go to the Apostle Paul in Ephesians 5….
(1) Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
(2) And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour. (What’s the epitome of love? Get out of the way. Get yourself out of the way. That’s it.)
(3) But fornication, and uncleanness, covetousness, let it not be named among you, as becometh saints; (He’s talking about love. This is where your philia love goes.)
(4) Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which (is) not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
(5) For…know (this), that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, …covetous man, idolater, hath inheritance in the kingdom of (God) and of (Christ).
(6) Let no man deceive you… (Now listen! Watch this!) Let no man deceive you with vain words: (In other words, words that cannot come to pass carry deception. The church is preaching deception.) for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
(7) Be not partakers with them.
(8) (But you) were sometimes darkness, but are (now)…light…walk as children of (the) light:
68Paul says the same thing. Where do you separate love and light and the Holy Spirit, the Word? Where do you do it? Can’t do it. Where do you find a Christian that will be anything but that? [Ephesians 5]
(10) Proving what is acceptable (Word)…unto the Lord.
(11) …have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but reprove them. (Where’s love and reproving? We’ll go in that, maybe next Sunday.)
(12) …it is a shame to speak of those things done (by) them in secret.
(13) But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for (whosoever) whatsoever doth make manifest is light. (Bro. Branham reproved the love, the philia love out there, just like Jesus did.)
(15) See that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, (wise virgin)
(16) Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
(17) Wherefore be ye not unwise, (in) understanding (but) what the will of the Lord is.
A wise virgin has the Word of God. She’s full of light. She’s full of the Holy Ghost. She’s got love. And when the squeeze will come down they’ll say, “Hey, come and join us, we love you.”
“Ah, but no, I love God.”
“You love God and now you’re saying you don’t love us.”
“It isn’t that. It isn’t that. I love that Word that tells me certain things I cannot join myself to idols.”
“Now you’re calling me an idolater?”
What do you want for a nickel? Do you think this is a book of baloney? You cut your own baloney. This is bread of life. That’s right. We’re feeding on a body Word, not the hogwash of men.
(25) (But) if we live in the Spirit, let us walk in the Spirit.
How do you know? “Take a step at a time.” Bro. Branham said, “The Light shines, take a step at a time.” It’s a step of faith. It’s a step of believing. And it’s a step of doing.
(1) Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, (you that) are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; (that’s the Spirit of God) considering thyself, lest thou…be tempted.
(2) Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
712 Corinthians 13:
(1) This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses (let) every word be established.
(2) (As) I told you before, …foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare: (That’s like Paul coming in the Holy Spirit at this end time, when He comes He won’t spare; one taken, one left.)
(3) Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, …
A man came to Bro. Branham one day, I think Lloyd gave me that, we looked in… it’s in Church Order, it might have been. And in there this man said, “You know, as God was speaking in Jesus Christ, …so God was speaking in you in answering my question.”
Bro. Branham said, “You learned more in five minutes than these other people have learned in ten years.” Something like that. He had more truth. Christ speaking in him. [2 Corinthians 13]
(3) Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, (yes) which to you- ward is not weak, but is mighty in you. (Now he said, “The very Word that I speak in you is mighty in you. It’s the mightiest thing you have.”)
(4) For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he (lived) by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, (How are we weak? Because we don’t have our own thinking anymore. We don’t have our light, we don’t have our ways. It is He now.) but we shall live with him by the power of God (towards) you. (The same, the life that’s in the Word.)
(5) Examine yourselves, whether (you) be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
72Now he lays it down. He says, “What more have I got to tell you?” He said, “Okay then, you’re a bunch of reprobates.”
“Paul, hold it. Paul, hold it. Paul, hold it, Paul.”
He said, “Look, you can’t have your cake and eat it.”
I told you what’s wrong with a lot of people; they’re a bunch of mugwumps sitting on a fence. They sit and sit there and a certain people oh, they’ll fall over and he’s here, and follow and he’s here. I’m going to tell you something. I don’t sit on a fence. I’m done plumb cut out, I’m going to heaven or I’m going to hell; it’s that simple. Ain’t no purgatory. You would if you were foolish virgin. I doubt that very much. I’m too strong. I’ve cast my lot too hard; I got to be one or the other. Not that it wouldn’t be bad, whatever He wants. But it said,
(5) …Know ye not your own selves, (that) how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? (You take your pick.)
(6) But I trust ye shall know that we are not reprobates. (How are you going to know? He tells you right here. Give her the Word test.)
(7) Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; …not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates. (Now he said, “They’re going to call you reprobates, but don’t let that bug you.)
(8) For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
73Now he’s telling you, how are you going to abnegate God’s love if already you’ve been separated and you’re in the Light and the Word is in you? How are you going to put a lid on it? You smart off I’ll tell you what will happen to you. You’ll be separated; God will clean you up and kill you. It serves you right.
(9) …we are glad, when we are weak, and (you) are strong: …this also we wish, even your perfection.
(10) …these things (I write) being absent, lest…present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not…destruction.
He said, “I’ll come in love and I’ll cut you up on side and down the other.” And he said, “Some will say oh Paul, you’re a dirty mean individual.” He said, “No, I ain’t. No sir.” Bro. Branham preached on the prophet hewing them out. And the people didn’t like the way old Michias(?) [Elijah?] stood up there either and called Ahab and his four hundred prophets of hell, called their bluff. And Paul said, “I’m not tearing down; I’m edifying.” But what is he tearing down? The creeds and the dogmas and the illicit thoughts of men in the Presence of God.
(11) Finally, brethren, farewell. (This is my last good-bye.) Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
74And he says here,
(14) (And) the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, (in one place it’s the God of love, in the next place it’s the love of God,) and the communion of the Holy Ghost,…
And the God who is love who gave you His Spirit which is a love gift, the same as the love gift of the blood and the life of the Son, now the same loving God is in you, and you should recognize it or there’s something wrong with your recognition.
75Now it’s easy to follow what we’ve already said quoting the prophet. God is love. God is the Word. God corrects. Love corrects. The Word corrects. God builds up. Love builds up. The Word builds up. The spirit builds up. What do you want for a nickel? See? We’re coming there.
76Again we see that the Word test is the only test for love and for…that is for God who is love and for God who is Spirit. And the Word test is based on a vindicated Word, then God can only be love in essence or shows His love when He deals by His Word, and we can only be dealing in love as we deal in His Word. This is the Holy Ghost builder. Now the Spirit of the Word and the Spirit of love is one Spirit, the Spirit of God and we have been given of His Spirit. So now as we read in…1 John 3… Now I’m as anxious to get out of here as you are but I’m not going to get out of here for the time being.
(1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, …we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew not (him).
77How are they going to know anything of your kind of love? The kind of God that you know and the kind of love that you; how are they going to know about it? Ha! If you say you love the Lord and you want to be a missionary, say, “Well, come before the psychiatrist board.” Oh, brother. It is to know Him. (?)
(2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: (There’s no proof of it.) but we know…when he shall appear, (we’ll have our proof then) we (are going to)…see him as he is.
(3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. (Now it tells you what you are doing, you’re cutting out bringing that mind more and more into control, more into control, everything must come under control because that’s the head.)
(4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
(5) And (we) know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. (Doesn’t mean just in Him is no sin; it means in the Bride there is no sin, she’s spotless, virtuous.)
(6) (Whoever) abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither (knows) him. (Now Bro. Branham said, “Sin was unbelief.” How are you going to have unbelief if you’re in Him? The Spirit of God showing you.)
(7) Little children, let no man deceive you: (Now notice, let no man deceive you: deception can only come by vain words. That’s right. Deception starts with the Word. Okay.) he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. (You got to find what righteous is, just keep moving. We’ll go into that, too.)
(8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might (bring to nothing or undo) …the works of the devil. (The works of the devil was deception and unrighteousness by deception which was a living up to and in harmony with a deceived word. That’s where their faith was.)
(9) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; (it is not…fooled…) for (God’s) seed (remains) in him: and (therefore, this man) …cannot sin, because he is born of God. (never get fooled)
(10) In this the children of God are manifest, …the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, (In other words, that’s a framework of the the Word of God within the framework of the Word. You’ve been in that. We’ll show you again.) neither he that loveth not his brother. (It’s right there.)
78Now look it, let’s get this understanding of a brother. Why doesn’t he love him? Because he differs in his theology. How can you love a receptacle of a true… How can you not love a vessel of true theology if you yourself are a vessel of true theology? How can a perverted vessel of wrong theology love a vessel of true theology? And vice versa?
You say, “Bro. Vayle, the point is this, God loved the man but He didn’t love the sin.” Why didn’t He say so then? Why don’t you just burn the guy’s sin out? He wouldn’t even need to do that. The blood was there. Why isn’t the blood effective? Because the light isn’t there. Come on, let’s not be babies anymore, brother/sister, we’re not here in the world anymore. This is nailed down, I don’t care how you take it, it all adds up to the same thing. A prophet was in the land with the true revelation and we’re walking in the very light of the Light Himself. He is our Light. And He’s our life. And He’s our love.
79Find me God loving a harlot. So can’t tell… He said, “I forgive you.” He said take…?...loved many men. You say to her, “You be to me and I’ll be to you, a true wife.” He said, “Okay.” Now if he’d of turned around and had a key club and said, “It’s okay, honey, you’ve had a lot of guys, you like a lot of fun, you’re used to a lot of guys and I might not satisfy you so in the meantime…” He wouldn’t love her right, would he? That wouldn’t be the love of God, then would it? Oh, but he loved her right. Philia junk ! Fap!
I got this thing ironed out I tell you what I don’t have a bit of trouble me and my wife running with other man, I’d love them both. I’d just walk in and shoot them. It wouldn’t bother me at all. It might if I had time to think it over. You say, “Just a minute, why?” Because in the heat of passion, brother, you can do anything, not really but there’s… I want to just tell you something, you see, I don’t buy this stuff that’s out there. You can buy it all if you want and you think you get…you know, come on, let’s this… you’ve heard what I said. Once you were forgiven but not anymore. Once the Light strikes that thing is all over.
80I was reading, wasn’t I? 1 through to 12. I guess, all right, now. [1 John 3:]
(11) For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we love one another.
(12) Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s (were) righteous.
Now, this here that I read to you was left out on purpose, of course, so that I can make comments which I’ve been making some comments but go back to verse 1. The world doesn’t know love as we know it, let’s face it. They don’t know us. They don’t know the Father, they don’t know love. No way. 3 and 13.
(13) Marvel not, (brothers), if the world hate you. (That takes care of that.)
Jn 16:1-3 said, “The days are going to come when they think they’re doing God a favor by killing you.” He said, “That’s because you love Me and I love you.” All right.
81Let’s go to the 7th verse, and read 7 and 8. [1 John 3:]
(7) Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
(8) He that (commits) sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
All right; that part that says, “For this purpose was the Son of God manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil,” bring to nothing, or undo them is what gets you to understand 7 and 8 that says, “Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.” Now somebody’s been fooled. Somebody’s been led astray. Every son of God was led astray through seduction, through deception, through vain words. The vain word was, “Thou shalt not surely die.” And the lie is repeated in this hour, “Thou shalt not die,” but they’re going to die because the last plague in Egypt was spiritual death.
(7) …(now) he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as (God) is righteous (Himself).
So there’s something that you can get involved in, something that you’re into. Something that you’re doing that has its roots in God and is absolutely God is righteous and you’re righteous in the same respect. You have a perfection of unity. Now it says,
(8) He that (commits) sin is of the devil; for the devil (sin) from the beginning. (Now God came in order to stop that, to bring us in the light.)
(9) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for (God’s) seed (remains) in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
82Now listen! That seed of God keeps you from deception and deception lies in a phony perverted Word. Now listen! Keep in mind what we’re saying here all the time. Why did a prophet come? For the Word’s sake. A prophet cannot give you the Holy Ghost. A prophet cannot give you love. He cannot give you anything but a Word of God. And if you ain’t got nothing here you ain’t going to get it.
Now turning the hearts of the children back to the father is getting rid of deception. Get that flat. Israel was deceived about what Messiah was and everything else, what the atonement was, what the promise of the Gentiles was, what Isaiah 53 was, they didn’t understand anything. John came and told them. Then God fulfilled it. Now William Branham comes on the scene and gives the Word to us. Now there’s no more deception. No way we can be fooled. [1 John 3:]
(10) (And) in this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: (No more deception. So what?) whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, (Now it tells you that. Want to turn it over?)